[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reloading General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 20170724_194834.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_194834.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Let's get a reloading general up for a few days.

What are you working on, what's the end goal.

Questions or concerns about reloading and calibers.

Favorite suppliers and manufacturers.

Pic related. My current production of. 308

168 Hornady A-max with 44 gns of AA2520 at a 2.777 OAL.

I chrono'd a 10 shot string last night with an avg speed of 2812 and a standard deviation of 9.72.
>>
>>34748066
i may start reloading 556 soon, im a canuck and 223 doesnt get below 60 c/pr around here,any general advice for that,does it reaally neeeed a crimp?
>>
>>34748854
i never used to crimp 223 but i do now for extra peace of mind.
get a lee crimp die its very easy to use.

as for what im working on right now- nothing. i havent had any motivation to reload in a few months.
although im pondering about getting a bolt gun in 308 which would get me really motivated, i think.
>>
>>34748900
yup full rifle calibers rounds get pricey ,more so up north,i've been reloading for 9mm ,got it down to like 16 cents versus 35 for factory,shit is so expensive here.
>>
>>34748854
Just use cannelure bullets and you'll be fine in most semi automatic situations.
>>
>>34748924
Evergladesammo.com for bulk projectiles.
>>
why can't we just use a soft polymer for plinking rounds again? I don't mind a bit heavier cleaning regimen for the barrel
>>
>>34748066
>why can't we just use a soft polymer for plinking rounds again? I don't mind a bit heavier cleaning regimen for the barrel

Why can't you?
>>
>>34729845
delet this
>>
>>34748066
7.7 from range trash 30 06. First batch went without a hitch. Testing out second batch.
>>
Any thoughts on hot handloads for 5.7x28 out of the Five-Seven?

>>34749461
>>
>>34748066

Thinking of getting a hand press like leeprecision.com/breech-lock-hand-press-kit.html. In an apartment and I'm not looking at any real volume, so will that be okay?

Mostly just doing 300blk because it's so expensive off the shelf and I only really want to fine tune one calibre for fun. My .223 I can keep buying, since bulk deals are easy enough.

Any experience with them?
>>
>>34749512
Can't get it much hotter imo, not much case volume, bullet construction isnt built for it and it's direct blowback
>>
>>34749939
id look into a single stage press. it really doesnt take up much room at all and much, much nicer than using the hand load one you linked.
all you need is a solid surface and you could just attach with c clamps.
i think the main purpose of that hand kit is on the fly reloading at the range.
>>
>>34750025
>calls OP stupid
>links thread to same thread
kek
>>
>>34748066
Are you fucking stupid? There's one right here >>34729845

Come in here and admit you are fucking stupid, OP
>>
File: irony.jpg (24KB, 495x130px) Image search: [Google]
irony.jpg
24KB, 495x130px
>>34750044
>>34750049
i dont think youre in a position to call other people names.
>>
>>34750064
>can't use catalog search function
Are you? Are you at least not retarded enough to sage?
>>
>>34750044
Are you OP? Go ahead and say you're stupid.
>>
>>34748066
I just finished loading some 577/450 Martini-Henry. Tomorrow if I have time, I want to load some 6.5 Jap.

I am looking for wad punches for 43 Mauser and 43 Spanish. I also still need the bullet mold, sizing die and brass for 43 Spanish too.
>>
>>34750100
>>34750163
anon gets mad and says "hurr heres the actual reloading thread" then links back to OP.
>>
>>34750195
I made a mistake and deleted the post, why don't YOU delete the thread you paste eating tard?
>>
>>34748854

I loaded some 68gr BTHP last week, havent been able to test em yet. I think when it comes to .223 I dont see a point in reloading 55gr when I can get it for 35cpr where heavier loads are usually 75cpr but can be reloaded for 25cpr.
>>
>>34750218
i didnt make OP. i was just pointing out the irony of you calling OP a "fucking dumbass" for not finding the reloading thread, and then you also cant find the thread. fucking dumbass.
>>
>>34750261
Did I make a thread without looking in the catalog, you fucking idiot? Is it fucking hard to look for a thread in the catalog instead of accidently copypasting the wrong thread? Is it hard to FIX the mistake?

And I think you are OP with how much of a colossal fucking faggot you are and your need to defend colossal fucking faggot mistakes.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.