[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there so much damn infighting among the gun community?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: infighting.jpg (91KB, 659x628px) Image search: [Google]
infighting.jpg
91KB, 659x628px
Why is there so much damn infighting among the gun community? Hardly a thread gets posted that doesn't devolve into pointless name calling within a few posts. This is even so in gun control threads. If there should be ANYTHING we should all agree on, it's the sacrosanctity of the right to bear arms. Instead, we callously throw each other to the wolves, not realizing that we shall soon be next. "I've got my guns, but you don't deserve to have yours," is a disturbingly common attitude. If only we turned on our enemies the way we turn on one another.
>>
File: gun cake.png (204KB, 750x3200px) Image search: [Google]
gun cake.png
204KB, 750x3200px
>>34746663
>>
File: 1493547235909.jpg (169KB, 1242x853px) Image search: [Google]
1493547235909.jpg
169KB, 1242x853px
>>34746674
shoo
>>
>>34746663
>Why is there so much damn infighting among the gun community?

cause some poeple was able to get a glock for $310.49 and others bought a sig
>>
>>34746674
Compromise means both sides get something. That isn't compromise. It's giving in.
>>
>>34746697
That's the point...
>>
>Hardly a thread gets posted that doesn't devolve into pointless name calling within a few posts.

If they allowed country flags you'd see it's the noguns countries.
>>
>>34746709
Why do they do that? Is it just trolling for fun?
>>
>>34746709
Why cant we have flags and webms with sound ?
>>
File: calm.jpg (184KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
calm.jpg
184KB, 640x480px
>>34746663

>my grandpa only bought ONE type of brass: forty five colt for his lever action and his revolver
>you don't need any gun made after 1900
>there is nothing wrong with a gun license, do you really want niggers and spics owning guns?

this is the logic many gun owners adhere to, and is why gun control exists
>>
>>34746757

because people would discover that most of /k/ comes from ban states
>>
>>34746663
I'm from California but there's only one explanation to this and that's blame the salty California people who pretend to know everything about guns even though all they have and ever shot was their cheap shot gun from big 5 they bought years ago and their Hillary hole revolver
>>
>>34746709

flags are stupid and only lead to baseless shitposting. where you come from doesn't determine your authority on a subject. just because I live in a decent 2A state doesn't mean i know more about long-range shooting or battleships than a guy in the UK.
>>
>>34746709
And you know this because you uncle works at Nintendo?
>>
>>34746845
not state flags, country flags.
>>
>>34747331
it does indicate that their opinions on some topics are less than worthless.
>>
>>34747354

yeah that's because you hate freedom and spend too much time reading infographics in nigger hate threads.
>>
>>34747354
Because it means less freedom for US TOO! Hurting black people doesn't help us. It's just a distraction from what's really happening: the erosion of your freedom.
>>
>>34747387
>you have to be from a progun country to read up and be knowledgeable about guns
>>
>>34747408
i said some topics, i for example know nothing about the politics of your third world shithole
>>
>>34747420

that's you own fault for not being knowledgable on the subject. by that logic we should have flags to show people who are and are not ignorant.
>>
>>34746663
Because there's a lot of stupid people. It's like football, you have people who all like football yet they argue over their team being better than the rest. In the end you realize they're all just idiots whose interest is watching fucking sports on a TV. Just like you fags, your interest is fucking pipes that shoot balls at things.
>>
>>34746663
The gun community lives with one foot in fantasy land. Just different feet for different groups. The other foot in ego land. The gun industry is based on bullshit. From the manufactueres to the trainers. The reason its so powerful is because in peoples minds they are betting their lives on their choices. Any dissent is taken personally, because what is more personal than life and death. Reality is not welcome unless someone can make a profit from it.
>>
>>34746805
>that last one
This is really the one that kills me, especially when I see it on /k/. Statist shits who don't understand "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" are no better than Fudds, willing to throw everyone under the bus as long as they get a few more seconds of not getting hit by the bus for themselves.
>>
>>34746682

>Censored

fucking pussies.
>>
>>34748137

its simply the new 4chan meme ideology. give it a few years and this place will do a complete 180.
>>
>>34747466
... I think that's literally exactly what anon is proposing.
>>
>>34748164
Oh, I know it will. I just wish it didn't always end up infesting and killing otherwise promising threads.
>>
>>34746663
because hurr durrrr this is 4chan where every one is a nigger faggot
>>
>>34746682

to be fair going to /pol/ and interacting with people there is a decent learning experience for how anonymous users can be peer pressured into believing shit they normally wouldn't.
>>
>>34748182
Pretty much this, but the idea that there's no good discussions to be had here is also become kind of a Reddit perpetuated meme. I've had legitimately enlightening conversations with people from all over the world/no guns lands where we both take something away from it.

Sifting though shitposts to maintain a degree of honesty beats the fuck out of battling through a pile of imaginary internet points that say 'We agree/disagree with you'.
>>
Clearly everything bad on /k/ is reddit. Or /pol/. Or redditors that come here via /pol/. Whatever your "theory" is
>>
/k/ has no sense of humor or banter.
>>
>>34748506
Well, between the faggots and /pol/ and the Redditors, not so much NOW. But it was not always so.

/le sigh
>>
>>34748536
>these are your compatriots in the day of the rope
Suddenly I feel less confident
>>
>>34748164
The gun community runs on memes. There was a time when if you shot someone with anything othwr than a 357mag or 44 mag uou would be laughed at. Then came the wonder nines. Then thw backlash afainst rhe wimpy 9mm, and everyone was on the 40 bandwagon. Then thw 1911 craze took hold due to magazine restrictions of thw brady bill. Then came the ccws then the single stack ccws. Every few years a new meme to spark sales.
>>
a lot of it is just joking
>>
I don't think it has anything to do with firearms, you'll find this kind of behavior anywhere.

People invest their ego into things. Guns, videogames, ideas, ideologies, cars, clothing, music and so on. We will go to great lenghts to defend that shit (at least online) because we don't like being wrong.

That's the "stop liking what I don't like" thing and it runs most of the infighting.
>>
>>34746682
why the fuck does everyone always fucking ALWAYS HIDE THE FUCKING NAMES!?

Goddamnit give us the nanes so that way we can carry over our so claimed "hate culture" to them and let them get a little taste of our own shitposting FUCK!
>>
>>34753376
becaseu its fake you dolt
>>
>>34746690
For once, Zed is right.
>>
>>34753437
FUCK YOU I HATE YOU STUPID FAGGOT NIGGER CUNT PUSSY BITCH FUCKING JEWISH BLACK MUSLIM STORMFRONT COMMUNIST NAZI FAGGOT FUCKING REEEEEEE REE REE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>34746740
Partly lack of experience and partly mistaking third hand information from movies and video games for facts. Look up Dunning-Kruger effect. Many Euros and Canadians are literally more confident about their "gun knowledge" than actal gun-owners.
>>
>>34747331
>where you come from doesn't determine your authority on a subject
No, but it can explain a bizarrely mistaken opinion coupled with unseemly hostility, which are typical of the noguns Euros.
>>
>>34747293
NY and we have a lot of the same issues with NYC (Long Island not so much as they at least try) >>34746805 yeah that last one comes up and maybe 1/3 will admit the criminals will get guns anyway ah well at least the safe act is getting called out as retarded on a weekly basis now
>>
>>34753499
reeeee
>>
>>34746663
>the gun community
4chan represents less than 0.001% of the US gun community and less than 0.0000001% of the worldwide gun community. It should not be used as a metric for the gun community as a whole
>devolves into pointless name calling
This is fucking 4chan. It's what we do here. Doesn't matter the subject matter, general area of focus, specific topic, etc. Remember, OP is always a fag and you will always be given unsolicited (and usually factually incorrect) advice.
>>
>>34748572
At least it will be amusing
>>
>>34746663
Well guns were designed for fighting.
>>
>>34754919
This. If your looking for calm, reasonable conversation go somewhere else fuckface.
>>
>>34754919
it is pretty standard across gun owners though, it's just especially acrimonious here. everyone has a different opinion on what the laws should be, what guns are best, and how you should be using them.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.