[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I sell my Savage MK II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0438.jpg (921KB, 1711x3231px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0438.jpg
921KB, 1711x3231px
I tried to sell it today. The first used gun store in my area was closed because they were on vacation (would have been nice to have posted something online or left a message, but nope) the second one wouldn't take it because the guy who does trade ins wasn't there today (again, would have been nice for them to tell me when I called them and said I was coming in today but w/e) now that I got home I took it out of the case and cycled the action and it's smooth as butter, I'm wondering if I want to sell it at all.

My main complaints with it are
1)It's too heavy for what I'm using it for, which is plinking at an indoor pistol range
2)the 10 round mags are more or less unusable, they stick out right where my hand goes, which causes feeding issues, and they are ugly as fuck
3)I want something with a shorter barrel.

I was going to trade it in for a Ruger American Compact (18 inch barrel) because a year ago at my first time going to a gun range, I really fell in love with the Ruger American rimfire. It felt like a sturdy, accurate and downright fun rifle.

But now I'm second guessing.
>>
File: 638056_ts.jpg (34KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
638056_ts.jpg
34KB, 1155x1155px
So now I have a few options

1)Sell the Savage MK II and get the Ruger American compact
-I'll have the gun I've always wanted
-great stock iron sights with a badass tang safety
-a threaded fucking barrel for under 300 bucks
-I will have one .22 that will serve me for both plinking and hunting
cons:
-I will no longer have a gun with a sexy ass wood stock, but another black polymer wondergat
cons:
-300 bucks for something I'll probably just be shooting indoors for at least a year or two

2)keep the Savage MK II and get a Ruger American
-I'll have both
-bolt action heaven
cons:
-$500 dollars spent on two basically identical guns

3)keep the MK II and get a 10/22
-Have both semi auto and Bolt action .22s
-10/22s are proven reliable and heavily customizable
cons:
-bleh.....another "honda civic" type gun, I already have a glock 19 and an AR for fucks sake. I want to start buying more interesting shit.
-Don't like the controls on the 10/22, I mean wtf is up with the bolt catch? fuck that shit

3)Keep the Savage MKII and get a Mossberg plinkster (pic related)
-maximum money saved and still get two guns. I'm poor so this matters
-Have a shorter, lighter .22 with a unique shape more similar to my AR, good for indoor plinking
-two bolt guns. This is a good thing. I love bolt actions.
-they just look like a lot of fun to shoot.
cons:
-Don't know how reliable mossbergs are. I've heard mixed things. Only a few youtube reviews of the 802 plinkster and very little written reviews (but the youtube reviews are good)
-according to an old forum post I've read the old mossbergs used be absolute shit....until they were bought out by Taurus....if Taurus is an improvement on what they used to be than idk man.
-not a Ruger American.

Right now I'm leaning toward buying the plinkster and keeping the Savage MKII
>>
To give you an idea. My Savage MK II is heavier empty than my AR is with a full 30 round mag, and all the weight is in the barrel so it goes straight to your support hand. It's not super good for indoor plinking standing up.
>>
Vamp. No love for .22s here lately I've noticed
>>
>>34744274
It really doesn't matter as they are all pretty good .22s. In the end it is whatever you are happy with, I mean a basket weaving forum might help but you are the one stuck with the funs.
>>
>rifle for indoor pistol range

what's the fucking point
>>
>>34745349
sometimes I'm lazy and dont want to drive all the way out to the 100 yard range (about an hour and a half from where I live) but want something to pass the time between 9mm boxes that's cheaper to shoot than my AR.
>>
>>34744274
>should i sell my savage
>savage
the answer is always yes.
>>
leaning towards buying the Ruger and selling the savage now. I had a Ruger American in .223 before I moved across the country and I fucking loved it. Really well built rifle that was a lot of fun to shoot, really felt like something that I could keep around for years and years. I just can't quite justify spending 150 more dollars.

I think I'm going to order the Ruger today, use the 4 pay plan, then sell the Savage MK II later.
>>
>>34745796
t. buttmad Winchester/Remington fanboy
Guess what buddy it's a Ruger and Savage world now
>>
>>34744339
>-$500 dollars spent on two basically identical guns
stop being poor.
agonizing over fucking nothing. all of the guns you are talking about are cheap.
selling a savage to a gunstore gets you what 100 bucks?
this is not a thing you should worry about.
>>
>>34746100
>stop being poor.
Can't do that if I keep buying guns lol

To quote a renowned scholar
>This game fucked up, I ain't got no friends
>I done spend my last 70,000 dollars on a drop-top Benz
>Uhh, and I'm a trill nigga
>>
>>34746014
>use the 4 pay plan
Save until you can buy it outright with the money in an interest-bearing account. Money has value over time, and assuming you don't plan to be poor forever, this is a habit to get into.
>>
>>34744274
You sound to picky and whiney to own guns, sell it and pick up stamp collecting or something.
>>
>>34746666
Not him, but I use a 4 payment plan, and it really helps me be able to enjoy my hobbies more than twice a year while I look for a better paying job
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.