[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

getting shot in vital areas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: trauma-chart.png (341KB, 797x890px) Image search: [Google]
trauma-chart.png
341KB, 797x890px
so of the vital areas, can you be shot in one and survive and/or live for 2-10 minutes? does it depend on the cartridge/distance? why is there such a discrepancy between similar wounds in similar situations?
>>
File: 1476086298736.png (1MB, 1587x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1476086298736.png
1MB, 1587x1600px
>>34744240
wat
>>
File: 1472676413997.jpg (75KB, 600x530px) Image search: [Google]
1472676413997.jpg
75KB, 600x530px
>>34744240
>>
File: VillabrilleAngles.png (113KB, 390x400px) Image search: [Google]
VillabrilleAngles.png
113KB, 390x400px
>>34744240
the easiest way to address this is using the model of a human being as an automobile.

if you shoot the radiator will the car still run?
how about a fuel rail?
how about a tail light?
what if you shoot a tire?

what if you shoot the driver?

the body is comprised of essential and non-essential pieces that allow it to operate. the loss of some will cause an eventual cease in operation. others are more immediate. shot placement and penetration determines tissue damage and loss, and, therefore, the immediacy of the loss of operational capability.

is this what you're asking?
>>
>>34744240
You will continue to live until you bleed to death. No organ is truly vital except the brain stem. Anything else you can live without, albeit for a very short time.
>>
>>34744315
I understand that, but what I'm asking is how can someone temporarily survive fatal wounds to very vital areas, and why is there such a difference in results between similar wounds?
>>
>>34744495

I see.

I'm not familiar with the data set or studies you're referring to specifically, but a certain amount may be explained by precise, exact anatomy vs. generalized descriptions, and a certain amount may be explained by other factors related to the GSW victim's endocrine system, physical composition, and mentality.

For starters, a heart shot, or a liver shot, or even a head shot, is not equal to another given heart shot. Actual, physical placement is extremely important. Did the bullet graze the right ventricle, or did it destroy the aorta and surrounding tissue in the aortic valve, mitral valve, and left atrium? Two substantially different outcomes in terms of time in the fight, both "heart shots".
>>
>>34744576

The other factors are less easy to describe scientifically, but there are a number of cases of motivated people enduring mortal wounds for enough time to wound or kill others. Meanwhile, there are cases of people who go into psychogenic shock on being wounded superficially.

A lot has been written on this, and it's mostly theory, but the mindset of an individual seems to determine a fair amount when relating to the effects of shock. I won't go into detail but a good start is to read up on the FBI Miami Dade shoot out. Consider the timeline of the wounds sustained by the chief criminal aggressor.
>>
>>34744240
I thought the thigh had a major artery in it and bled alot fast
>>
>>34744240
Because there's an absurd level of variables to consider when it goes to gunshot wounds and no two will ever be the same. There was this really long effort post by this guy who was a combat medic and later worked as an EMT. He saw tons of GSW and said sometimes people would get shot in a non-critical area with like a .25acp or something and just fucking die for no reason, and others would have a whole magazine in their chest and be totally alert and walking around like nothing happened. Human bodies are weird.
>>
>>34744650
>the mindset of an individual seems to determine a fair amount

Yes. Mindset and Will are huge. Cops hate dealing with Emotionally Disturbed Persons, current code for "might be nuts, might be on drugs" because if they start fighting they won't stop til they lose consciousness (brain doesn't get enough oxygen). They're not going to hit a certain amount of pain and stop, they'll keep going until the body is broken or they fade to black.

The nice thing from a self defense point of view is that you can inculcate that in yourself. I won't stop. Took 2 to the chest center mass. I'm dead in 20 seconds. I can do a lot of damage in 20 seconds so my loved ones will be safe.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.