[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 100_4879.jpg (2MB, 2832x2128px) Image search: [Google]
100_4879.jpg
2MB, 2832x2128px
Hey /k/

Couple days ago I bought my first gun, a glock 19. Today I had a chance to go out and shoot for the first time, but I'm really horrible with it accuracy wise.

Before shooting, I looked up a lot of videos on proper stance and grip and i implemented what I learned from the videos in my shooting, but i'm still doing really bad.

I focus on front sight with both eyes open, I line the dot between the goal post, I line up both of my thumbs and have both hands wrapped around the gun. I bend my knees with legs spread out and lean forward. I used the pad of my finger and was holding my breath while i fired.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have a 31 round extended mag, and out of the the 31 rounds fired I hit the target about 16 times with groups being really far apart, it was peppered all over the target.

i didn't think it would be so difficult to shoot a handgun.
>>
Glocks dont have real sights plus striker triggers suck balls. Should have bought a beretta 92 you fucking clown
>>
>>34742676
lose the extendo
>>
>>34742697
Why would the magazine affect my shooting?

>>34742692
what do you mean the sights aren't real?
>>
>ITT a bunch of no guns /k/indergarteners blame equipment for a new shooter's poor group
OP, it isn't the equipment, no matter how many memes these fags drop. It is true that glocks are notoriously difficult to shoot for a first timer. This is because of the long trigger pull and very sloppy break. Your groups are so spread out because you are inconsistent with your trigger pull and follow through. What a lot of new shooters will do is try to pull the trigger with their entire hand instead of just their trigger finger. If you try some dry fire practice, you may notice that your whole right hand tenses as you pull the trigger and will jerk as the tension in the trigger suddenly releases at the trigger break. This is what is throwing your shots off. After shooting for a while you may also start anticipating recoil, unconsciously shoving your hands forward and/or down as you get ready for the recoil. Practice dry firing. Practice this a LOT. It's free, it's easy to see how your sights are moving, and it allows you to focus on pulling the trigger directly to the rear. Muscle memory will start to take over even during live fire and your groups will tighten up. Remember no to death grip the gun, when your first starting out unless you do forearm curls and grip strength exorcisms, you won't be used to squeezing so tight for such long periods. Just roll with the recoil at first and worry about fighting it after you can get your group sizes a little tighter.
>>
>>34742708
You need to get used to the weight of shooting with just a normal mag first.

Got to walk, before you run.
>>
>>34742752
You're a special kind of fucking retarded
>>
>>34742743
thanks for the advice, i think it will really help. i thought dry firing a gun was bad for the striker though? my dad always used to get pissed when i dry fired his handguns as a kid.
>>
>>34742813
Use snap caps
Maybe your sad didn't want you dicking with his guns? Ask him about it
>>
>>34742743
>rags on others for bringing up how shitty glocks are
>continues to do the same thing
Post guns you fucking bitch
>>
>>34742843
alright.
he's dead now, flipped a tractor over on top of himself
>>
Don't hold your breath. Breath control is a thing, but you need to focus on the basics before you move on to stuff like that. Breath control is not just holding your breath, holding your breath increases your heart rate and causes your hands to tumble.
>>
>>34742813
Dry firing is bad for older rim fires where the firing pin will impact the empty chamber wall. It can also be bad for hammer fired guns with the firing pin mounted on the hammer as it can peen the metal. It's a non issue on anything made in the past 80 years.
>>
>>34742879
I just got in bed after an over night shift, but just for you famalamadingdong. Don't laugh at my cheapshit red dot on my mark 3, I put it on for a larf.
>>
>>34742676
First, the some claim the Weaver stance is best, yet Jerry Miculek stands square to the target.
You have to find what works best for you.
Are you focused on the front sight and NOT the rear sights?
Follow manual on how to dry fire your weapon.
Make damned certain the magazine and gun are unloaded.
Can you pull the trigger without jerking the gun to one side or another?
Practice, and stop flinching.
Also, its OK to use a different part of your finger on the trigger if that helps.
Glock sights suck big time.
Do you know how to adjust your sights?
Sight adjustment comes after you learn not to flinch, and can get your groupings down.
If your target still looks like you are firing a shotgun, keep practicing before ever touching your sights.
>>
File: image.jpg (216KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216KB, 960x720px
>>34742879
Moody ass natural light and a potato camera, but you git the gist.
>>
>>34742676
If you haven't seen hickock45's videos on stance, grip and trigger control, as well as some of his other videos on shooting rather tham specific guns, they are well worth a watch. A good introduction on different ways of shooting, and being hicock I wouldn't be surprised if he uses a glock throughout the videos, so they may be a good starting place for you.
>>
>>34742676
dry-fire more and better
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?7708-Dry-Practice-Misconceptions-Updated-12-04-16
>>
>>34742676
Jerry Miculek will teach you everything you need to know. Also practice you grip and stance with dry firing until you can consistently do it without a penny falling off your front sight. Once you get there dry fire as often as you can at least, 20-25 a day.
>>
File: 1494693223679.jpg (77KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494693223679.jpg
77KB, 791x1024px
>>34742676
>>
>>34745681
dont use this its fucking worthless
>>
>>34742676

Dry fire practice, you're flinching hard. Rack the gun aim at a door knob from 10 yards, pull the trigger. Your sights need to still be on the knob even a second after you hear the click. That's how you get good, I take my 34 out to 50 yards on an 8 inch plate every time and I've only owned a handgun for 8 months and don't shoot super frequently. My glock 19, I can do 30-40 yards probably but I don't use it as often.

>>34742692

Idiot
>>
>>34742813
>>34742918

This, there's truth to don't dry fire but it doesn't apply so much with modern centerfire guns.
>>
You could be anticipating recoil. Hard to say without seeing the groups or your shooting myself. I good drill would be to load a full mag, rack it so you have one in the chamber, take the mag out, and fire a controlled pair.
Watch for you gun to move on the second "shot." That's you anticipating your recoil. Isolate you trigger finger by keeping everything else still. Practicing on a click style ball point pen can help because it mirrors trigger break and reset.
Best thing you can do is go to a range and ask a good shooter for advice. Either that or one of the staff.
Happy shooting.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.