[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was so special about this reload?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQNBg6I29gI
>7:55
"Allegedly, footage of Shiherlis expertly reloading his rifle during the bank robbery shootout has been shown to American Special Forces trainees, with the message from their instructor, "This is how I want you to reload.""

Was it the smoothness of it? Also was there any realistic way for the crew to escape once they got made?
>>
>Was it the smoothness of it?
Basically. Bear in mind that this was before all the modern videogamey tac-reload bullshit, so by todays standards its not all that impressive.
>>
File: IMG_0617.gif (67KB, 481x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0617.gif
67KB, 481x200px
>>34741521
>dat look on Ted Levine's face after he got lit up by Kilmer
And those fixed eyes. Goddam Michael Mann knows how to make good movies(and some shit ones).
>>
>>34741521
>"This is how I want you to reload.""
because he reloads behind cover
>>
>>34741521
It was before super tactical was a big deal. It's no big deal nowadays. It'd be considered an adequate reload now.
>>
>>34741521
he drops to a knee indicating to all others h is reloading, he takes cover. loads make drops bolt smooth and clean
>>
>>34741521
It's just a good solid tactical reload without much flaws.
Another (probably apocryphal) word from an "instructor" was "If you can't reload as fast and as smoothly as this actor, you have no place in the military" which kinda says something...
>>
>>34741521
Fires, gets in cover, keeps the weapon in his workspace and has it ready to go in the shortest possible time. Very clean and smooth.
>>
>>34741521
10/10
Smooth, nothing fancy or meme worthy, excellent use of cover and keeping weapon ready for use.
>>
>>34743541
>workspace
Just die
>>
File: IMG_4762.png (1MB, 741x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4762.png
1MB, 741x1024px
>>34741521
This scene is also a good look at bounding overwatch. One or two people are providing suppressive fire to keep the cops in cover as the third person moves forward to a new firing position to start suppressing so the other person or persons can advance. If Larry Philips and Emil matasareanu had done anything similar to this instead of firing blindly for three quarters of an hour they might have been able to escape
>>
Is these scene actually realistic? When i first saw it i thought it was bullshit and they woulda got shot pretty quickly with that many police around but now its always wanked as being this great tactical realistic scene (i thought it was cool in the context of the movie and an exciting scene, but not realistic). Is suppressive fire really that effective that 3 people can be out in the open and rely on it?
>>
>>34744505
Most people aren't gonna go expose themselves when people are shooting at you, yes.
Especially cops with no body armor.
>>
>>34744538
This is what i thought, does it rely on the situation being so loud and confusing for relatively unprepared and underarmed police? If SWAT etc turned up would that make a huge difference?
>>
>>34742139
Yeah then he just instantly pops up and exposes himself to heavy incoming fire.

They aren't fighting smart at all, they're fighting with pure aggression and wasting ammo.
>>
>>34744505
Almost everyone in the getaway car would have been wounded or killed while only the black guy died in the movie, it was realistic afterward.
>>
>>34744587
WORKED THO DIDNT IT MATE
>>
>>34744587
they're in a gunfight with police, they already fucked up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.