[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XD-S vs Shield

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1818.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1818.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
Memes aside, I'm looking at the M&P Shield 9 or an XD-S 9 for a first CC gun purchase. I haven't been to the shop yet to try them out but I would like to know what you like/dislike about either if you have any firsthand knowledge.
>>
Consider a PPS or 43 instead
>>
Also, if you have an alternative why do you prefer it?
>>
>>34740820
This, neither.
>>
>>34740820
What do you like in the Walther/Glock that these don't offer?
>>
Shield has retarded takedown and the trigger feels mushy.
Springfield hates your freedom.

Pinch your pennies towards a P938, Glock 26 or 43, or CZ RAMI.
>>
>>34740813

Walther PPS or Glock 43.

Literally why bother with shitty stop-gap guns?

> I want weight and bulk for no reason at all
>>
>>34740866
Those who complain about trigger pull are spoiled and have no place talking about usability

Two deployments to Afghanistan and not once did anyone complain about fucking trigger pull
>>
>>34740813
They all work. Go to your local gun shop and hold them. Sight in on stuff. Talk to your guys at the shop.

Don't listen to /k/. Rarely will you find anyone here who likes guns, it's all elitism and bias.
>>
>>34740866
I'm leaning towards the XD-S. I've been look My at the G26 and like SIG minus the price point. Is it worth the extra $?
>>
>>34740813
i have a shield, its 100% reliable, a bit uncomfortable to shoot and hard to grip due to skinny grip. once you get the hang of it it shoots great, light and good for carry
>>
>>34740813
I chose the shield simply because I think the grip looks better. It's a better looking gun in my opinion.
Once you figure out that they all are good guns despite what the autism found here will say, it's all preference.

Do you go through the same analysis when buying a car? Or a musical instrument? Of course not. You come up with a good list of reliable vehicles, and it's personal preference from there. You get what you like.
>>
>>34740899
Thanks for setting aside the memes. I plan on renting a few options at the range soon but want some alternatives to keep in mind as well while I'm there.
>>
>>34740813
I've come to appreciate the shield trigger now that I've owned it for a while. It seemed mushy at first but the trigger actually has a pretty clear break so you know when you have to give it that extra squeeze for it to fire.
>>
>>34740813
I have shield in 9mm and I like it for cc.
Only downside is that it's obnoxious to shoot with the small mag. The larger 8 round with the grip extension is much nicer. Can't say anything about the silly Croatian gun. Haven't shot it. Hope this helps.
>>
>>34740918
If you're fond of or familiar with 1911s, the Sig is hard to beat. It's pocketable, but that also means it's harder to shoot accurately due to its tiny size, though the hogue grips help with that.
Is it worth the premium? Not really, but if you can get one at a good price, they're good.
the CZ 2075 RAMI is my favorite as far as CCW goes.

>>34740883
Nobody's saying it's not usable, but a good trigger is important. A clean take-up and break reduce AD when under stress, a short and positively tactile reset gets you ready for follow up shots faster. The Shield's mushy trigger has neither.
>>
>>34740858
With the walther (the PPS M2 specifically), I like the grips better than any for of them, I like ergo of the grips, and I like the striker pin protrusion, so you get to thumb it like a hammer gun while reholstering. I also like the factory mag selection and that you can either get a compact length grip or a tiny grip.

I don't actually like the glock all that much, although I like the grips and trigger on it more than the shield or the xds

If I was to get a shield, I'd get a 45, but then again, I don't like that the grip is like sand paper and it rubs you raw if you don't wear an undershirt. It's not that bad while shooting, but I'd still rather GRIPZONE than sand paper. It does have a better trigger and the slide is smoother from the ones I tried.
>>
I picked up a Shield 9 during the rebate last month, $200 all said and done. I love it, I've only put 200 rounds through it so far but it has performed flawlessly. It is a bit thin for larger hands, but that's not exactly a bad thing for CCW. I put a Hogue handall on it and it fills my hand perfectly, I'd definitely recommend it over talon grips if you want more fill. I don't know why it gets hate on the trigger mine feels fine, not amazing but totally fine.

>>34740866
Retarded takedown? Are you referencing the yellow sear lever? You know you can also just pull the trigger, but with all the dumbasses in the ND thread yesterday maybe the lever is a good idea...

As has been said though they are all fine firearms, go hold a few and pick whatever you prefer. I almost got the Walther but I couldn't pass up the Shield rebate.
>>
>>34741303
speaking of rebates, the shield now has the ammo+loader+mags rebate, while the PPS has the 100 dollar rebate.

The XD-S probably still has a rebate as well, but I don't really care about that.
>>
>>34740813
If you get the XDS9, you won't regret it.

Imho it shoots softer, has a better trigger, and slightly higher build quality.
>>
The 4 inch xds so you can actually hit something beyond 10 yards.
>>
>>34742654
Why would you need to though?
>>
>>34740899
>They all work.

Except the XD has a grip safety that completely locks the gun up if it breaks. And yes, they do break since XD's are shit.
>>
>>34743888
Every gun has some component that can induce critical failures by breaking.

But XD addressed the issue and had a recall on early models.
>>
Xds is a great gun but the grip feels so shitty after awkile because of the retarded stippling
>>
>>34743888
That was also ONLY the XDs, it didn't happen to the XD or XDm
>>
Love my little shield. Kinda small for big hands though, the 8 round extended mag makes it right. Great for the price
>>
>>34740883
>t. POG that never stepped outside the wire
>>
>>34740869
t. limp-wristed faggot

If you can't handle the weight of even the heaviest single stack you deserve to have your penis converted into a vagina. Because you're a woman.
>>
>>34741324
If you purchase an xd line pistol through the 31st you will get 4 extra mags and a holster.

THIS IS TOTALLY NOT A SF EMPLOYEE
>>
File: SS9s.png (443KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
SS9s.png
443KB, 600x380px
>>34740813
What's the /k/onsensus on the PPS M2 vs. the M&P shield?
>>
>>34741183
>If you're fond of or familiar with 1911s, the Sig is hard to beat.

That's what I thought too. Turns out after shooting one I hated it. The size of the safety didn't play well with my hands to the point where cocked and locked wasn't viable so I had no reason not to go striker or a real 1911. Plus it would occasionally spit out the rounds if loaded to +1

Plus it always looked like as imo
>>
>>34743793
Because cc is about stacking the odds in your favor and it's an easier gun to shoot with, easier to hit with, easier to practice with etc. I just liked it because a 4" is still easy to hide with the baby mag, but it shoots like a full size with the extension
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.