[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /k Op is looking at either a new AK or a new AR in 20"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (9KB, 250x136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 250x136px
Alright /k

Op is looking at either a new AK or a new AR in 20" barrel.

I own a 16" diamondback ar, but Im having second thoughts about the short barrel, as Im really looking for maximum damage possible.

I found a PSA complete rifle (freedom fighter kit with anderson lower) for 400$, but im womdering If I should just stick with my 16 inch and save a few hundred more for a quality AK/WASR.

SO IN SHORT - does it make much of a difference using a 20 inch barrel vs 16 inch at 100 yards, and which would do maximum damage possible to either hostiles/ game

And would it be a better option to look for an AK for damage?
>>
>>34740346
>For damage
I smell an FBI report
>>
>>34740375
Defence, game,

Stoping a threat without them being able to hurt you.

Please, dont give me that shit. You know what I mean so stop playing stupid
>>
>>34740346

You're not cucked like the military who were forced to use FMJ and relied on pure fucking velocity to cause reliable fragmentation. This is the future. Use 75 or 77 grain OTM like Hornady Tap. Also get the WASR. At 100 yards, I'm fairly certain the results will be pretty similar with 77 grain OTMs from a 16 inch and a 20 inch. All a 20 inch barreled rifle and rifle length gas offers is softer recoil and more reliable extraction due to the length of the gas tube. Sure you'd be able to hit farther with the extra velocity but with the right ammo, it wouldn't change much. You'd still be able to make reliable hits at 500 and even then you should be using a full power rifle round. Also 16s are easier to move around in your home and vehicle and really anywhere else. Hell even 14.5 with a pinned muzzle device will be even shorter and your still keep your lethality. Even with FMJ, at closer ranges you'd have reliable frag. Still use OTMs though. 4 inches won't make the difference to a man at like 600 yards you think it will. You're just gonna cuck yourself in all other places except a range and wide open space
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.