[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How dangerous is lead actually when handling ammo without firing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0371.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0371.png
1MB, 1136x640px
How dangerous is lead actually when handling ammo without firing?
>>
>>34740293
Are you actively eating/snorting it? Are you mixing it with any organic substance then eating it?

If no, nah. Just clean up with a wet wipe once you're done.
>>
>>34740293
Not

As long as your not eating it
>>
>>34740293

It's not. Liberals target lead because they know it's used in guns. Lead is actually good for you.
>>
What if I like putting uncased .22lr down the tip of my dick sometimes? Is the lead going to leach into my dingus?
>>
>>34740293
Lead is most dangerous when it's in particulate or when it's aerosolized, the only time you should really probably use protection is if you're casting bullets.
>>
>>34740345
What about the dust and vapors created by the bullet traveling down the barrel and the fireball behind it?
>>
>>34740293
Lead in large quantities can be deadly, if you remember back to when they used lead in gasoline, people in the factories who were around lead on a constant basis went nuts, and scientists everywhere were paid off to skew results on the safety of lead.

People can get shot and not get lead poisoning, in reality you'll be find. Just don't eat it or inhale it in large quantities. Wash your hands before you touch high absorbing skin areas such as the neck, face, and pelvic area, and before you eat.
>>
>>34740293
Elemental lead isn't bad for you unless you're just straight-up eating it or inhaling the dust or something. When you shoot a non-jacketed bullet or a soft point, some of the lead will actually vaporize that shit isn't good. That being said, everyone is exposed to nasty chemicals on a daily basis and life is too short to worry about that shit. It's a concern if you work at a gun range or something but occasional exposure is no big deal. Ever cook food on a grill? You ingest crazy amounts of carcinogens every time you do that, but if you don't do it every day then you'll be fine.
>>
>>34740370
Probably insignificant compared to the amount you're exposed to cleaning the barrel afterwards. Which is avoided with a pair of gloves.
>>
Lead poisoning is over-hyped as fuck. If you're an adult male you've got nothing to worry about.
>>
>>34740511
Wait what
I've always cleaned mah funz bare handed and washed my hands afterwards
>>
>>34740293
definitely adds up over time, don't need a lot of heavy metals in your system to do damage, and you can't get them out once they're in.
>>
>>34740333
lead poisoning is the least of your worries
>>
>>34740619
kek
>>
File: image.jpg (967KB, 1608x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
967KB, 1608x1080px
Al of you seem to be overlooking some important things.

Dust is one of the most dangerous things. Uranium dust, asbestos dust, you name it.

So, lets say you touch your ammo, then your gun. Your trigger area is now covered in dust. Lets say you also touch your case, or put ammo in your case. Now theres dust everywhere, and you get lead on you every time you touch/ move it.
Maybe you touch a wall before you wash your hands.

A day exposure isnt that bad, but if your touching your guns and living around this stuff for years exposed to it, thats when things become questionable.

And if your like me, youve got your hands on the firearms every weekend.
>>
>>34740511
>wearing gloves to clean your guns
How do you go about your day without your vagina hurting?
>>
>>34740293
Not dangerous at all. In fact I shoot about 2-300 rounds a month. I work as a lab tech that does heavy metal testing. I have snuck my own blood in to test, and have no marked increase of lead in my blood.
>>
File: 1468543528718.png (1MB, 1246x925px) Image search: [Google]
1468543528718.png
1MB, 1246x925px
>>34741040
>not wanting grease and other grime on your hands
>ur a wiminz xd
How do you go about your day being nogunz?
>>
>>34741399
Not the original guy, however I clean guns without gloves and have been shooting since I was 7. If your hands get dirty, wipe them off on a rag and proceed to next gun. I bet you wear a respirator so Hoppe's #9 doesn't bother you.
>>
>>34741040
I dont wear them, I said the lead exsposure can be avoided by wearing them.

It can also be mitigated by drinking a glass of milk or OJ.

>>34741399
>>34742353
Supposedly Hoppes and other solvents have a chemical that can cause nerve damage. Though it hasnt affected me yet after all these years. Still, probably more dangerous than the lead exposure.
>>
>>34740531
It's not gonna absorb through your hands. Clean them well afterward and don't lick the barrel and you'll be fine.
>>
>>34740378
>always wash thoroughly after touching lead to your pelvic area

>just /k/ things
>>
Considering the things mechanics are exposed to on a daily basis with little more than a pair of nitrile gloves and sometimes not even that, not very. Just don't grind it up and snort it.
>>
>>34740370
This is why you shoot in a well ventilated area
>>
>>34742828
>not licking your guns barrel.

What are you, a Faggot?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.