[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AK Explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1499976926013.jpg (190KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1499976926013.jpg
190KB, 750x750px
AR fag here.

I was wondering what you guys look at before you buy an AK? Can you break it down to 3-5 main points? I've watched AK Op Union's Vid, but I struggle to find his key points.

I'm just so used to the modding ability that an AR has and having an AK makes me nervous because I can't easily change crap parts.

Thanks,
-AR guy
>>
>>34739900
>what do we look at
A reputable brand if new.
If used, how much bullshit does it have on it?
Plastic furniture?
That's usually a sign of a cheap bastard who didn't know what he was buying.

From there, this pretty much covers the minute details.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ6uyIo3gwM

And when buying a kit build, this most DEFINITELY SHOULD BE FOLLOWED.
>>
>>34739900
You have a few different options for guns that shoot 7.62x39, so whatever your role is a certain gun might fit it better. If you've already settled on the AK, my only criteria is it has to be Russian. You kind of missed the boat on that one, you'll either have to pay thousands on one or get a second rate arsenal for way too high of a price.
>>
File: 1490095743083.png (93KB, 885x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1490095743083.png
93KB, 885x1145px
Stay away from all America made AK's. This includes I.O., DDI, Century's C39 and other American builds and finally the PSAK47. Also stay away from Norinco ChiCom shit.

WASRS used to be shit but QC has improved quite a bit in the last few years.

Yugo M70's, M92 PAP's & M85 are mid-tier. Just make sure the sights and gun aren't canted and they will be just fine. Better finish than the WASR, too. Also designed to remove kebab.

Actual Russian and Bulgarian (under the name Arsenal) tend to be your best bet.
With all AK's, check for finish, tolerances and most importantly -- gun cant. I've see even the most expensive Arsenals with a cant.
>>
>>34739900
Here is a good list of specs to look for, https://youtu.be/seY9ZZxMFIQ
>>
>>34740002
>Last few years

Bought my WASR 10/63 in 2009, it was fine. You're getting old anon.
>>
>>34739900
Stick with ARs, the whole AK market is pretty much dying off
>>
>>34740094
FUCK. YOU.
The AK market is staying slow but steady.
When was the last time a company dedicated to making AKs alone went under?
Can't remember?
And let's think back to Olympic arms and several others recently.

The AK bubble hasn't been growing fast but it sure hasn't popped like the AR has.
>>
>>34740002

>Chinese Aks
>Bad

Since when? Polytech Legends, MAK 90s, etc. All damn good AKs.
>>
>>34740133
Polytech Legends, were good solid builds

MAK90s ehh... I've seen mixed results. The most jams I ever seen in an AK was on my father's MAK 90.

They were from using non Chinese mags though, but important to point out that the same mags that the jammed the mak, ran perfect in my WASR and AMD 65
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.