[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

potato autism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: enolafag.jpg (79KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
enolafag.jpg
79KB, 1200x848px
so i recently made a potato cannon and i got the idea of using enola gay smoke grenades (paintball fag). i mad a makeshift wad using another pvc peice and the thing actually worked, launching a smoke grenade 150 yards ~~~~~~ish, leavin a dope asf smoke trail behind it. what else should i launch out of this monstrosity.

btw its a shit tier schedule 40 one i shot using hairspray, but it gets the job done.

any other suggestions? i though about hollowing out the nade and filling part of it with black powder or something to explode after 10 seconds or so.
>>
>>34737641
I used to have an ungodly potato gun. Best fuel is starting spray/ether. Best solid projectile is a Red bull can filled with quickcrete or plaster. Standard .177 BBs wrapped in a strong paper towel over a half cut potato make great crow loads. Landscaping gravel makes good grapeshot. Make sure your gun is made of the thickest pipe you can find because the heavier loads run the risk if blowing the gun up if you aren't careful.
>>
crow shot? any pics of that? and lets see the gun
>>
>>34737709
I had one that would launch potatoes over a mile. We used Calcium Carbide.
>>
>>34737641
Don't made a warhead that exceeds standard firework specs. It's a dangerous road to go down.

I went through a potato phase.

>ultimate fuel
High pressure butane. We made a gun that had a standard combustion chamber and a pressure selected burst disk so we could load it with flammable fuel, then finish with high pressure oxygen. It was needlessly dangerous.

Had a golf ball barrel and we used installed some abrasives to force back spin for extreme distance. It could put a golf ball through a 2x4
>>
>>34737786
im assuming you ditched any kind of pvc and went straight to copper/other metals?
>>
>>34737786
how did you make the explosion chamber and fill capabilities
>>
>>34737641
Impact explosive.

Blackpowder would work ok for the primary charge but HE would be better.

Use the longest nail possible attached to a primer by hot glue to ignite it on striking a target.

Probably should do a few dry runs first(no energetic) more or less straight up with the ass end weighted to make sure that the acceleration isn't enough to detonate it immediately.
>>
>>34737931
thoughts on pnuematic?
>>
>>34737973
For acceleration? none. I recall it having some pros(control over per shot power, knowing you wont put in way too much without realizing), but at the end of the day you're still turning something that isn't really meant to be a high pressure vessel into one. Personally, i always just used hair spray. But then again my potato cannon days are long behind me so i could be wrong.

Little anecdote though: I used my potato gun off and on, every few weeks or months for a couple years. then i let it sit in my garage for a couple years unused.

The next time i went to pick it up i grabbed it by the barrel and the whole thing came apart at the joints.

Guess i didn't epoxy it correctly.

Shit's dangerous. Overbuilding and cutting out a little danger hear and there is worth minimizing the chance of ending up with a face full of plastic shards.
>>
>>34737836
Negative.
We reasoned that if we used metal and it failed it would go full pipe bomb. Construction of the beast was still an all pvc affair, though some of the parts were bought online from a weird potatofag community. For the record, when firing it in hybrid mode (pressure and fuel) we only fired it on a tripod with remote detonator.

>>34737861
It's been along time so apologies for the spotty details, but the long and short of it is as follows. Between the combustion chamber and the barrel their was a fitting that held a bust disk that blocked the path from the barrel. The burst disks were made of laminated aluminum foil pressed into properly sized and properly thick disks to hold the required pressure. This was developed with much trial and error. It actually worked well. I doubted the design (my potatofag buddy came up with it) but it worked well. The disks were made just thick enough to hold the needed pressure without blowing. The barrel was loaded at the breach, and the burst disk clamped into its fitting. Then the gun was fueled and pressurised through valves. One valve for fuel (butane and/or fuel oxygen) and another pressure valve that a pump attached to. Fuel first, then once the fuel valve was closed a hand pump was used to pressurized the vessel to the necessary PSI for optimum boom. Ignition was electric (terminals in the fuel chamber, power supply, and a small transformer) and fired from a trigger device on 20 or so feet of wire so it could be fired from cover.

It had removable barrels, so you could swap out the golf ball barrel for a large potato sized barrel. Also, it could be used without the burst disk like a standard potato gun, and it had a manual value where the barrel attached so if you were so inclined you could close the valve and pump it with air for a completely pneumatic shot. A potato gun for the ages. No idea what ever happened to it.
>>
File: 2012-05-05_11-37-10_238.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
2012-05-05_11-37-10_238.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>34737728
>crow shot
Literally just a paper towel or newspaper filled with a half cup silver BBs from your red rider. Twist it up the corners and put a little rubber band on it if it won't stay together. Put it over the flat side of your cut potato and let the birds have it. Killed lots of starlings, a few crows and even brought down a buzzard once. I always called it crow shot because that was the first thing I got with it.
>pics
Sorry my dude but I built that monster in the 7th grade and used the excuse of a science fair project to justify it to the parents. It's long dead and only printed pictures remain somewhere at my parents house that we had glued to the science fair board. The whole thing was schedule 80, barrel was one 8 food piece of 2 1/2 pipe that came to a 2 1/2 to 4 inch adapter. Chamber was one 2 foot section of 4 inch pipe, an elbow, and another 18 inches of 4 inch pipe. You had to spray ether in for about 4 seconds to get a good full burn. 8 seconds for heavier loads but never more than 10 or 12 seconds, mainly because the O2 to ether ratio wouldn't allow it to burn so you were opening the cap to let some out but also obviously I was scared of a Kaboom. The idea behind the L shape was, with a stand at a fixed height, you could adjust your range on the fly by simply pushing the gun forward or dragging it back.

>>34737751
I'm not saying you're lying but I'm not sure if that's very believable. Explain your firing procedure.

>>34737786
Thats wicked man. I made a pneumatic one from sewer pipe and filled it with an air compressor but the motherfucker leaked air EVERYWHERE and that's the last one I fucked with. By that time, I was 16 and ordered my first Romy G kit from Curtis at AK builder
>pic related
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.