[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Videogame fag here, have a question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Been playing PUBG for a while now and since guns are illegal in my country I have no (easy) way of finding out something about the VSS. Apparently this weapon fires subsonic ammo, 9mm if I recall correctly, and it appears that the bullet drop is awful. Has someone who played the game and fired one of these IRL can confirm that the bullet drop is that bad?

pic unrelated
>>
fucking hell
>>
>>34737511
Nobody here has ever fired one. Even 9x39mm ammunition is impossible to find in the United States. The only people who would know are Russians who were in specialized roles in their military and maybe police forces.
>>
File: 1501451080494.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501451080494.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>34737511
>>
I thought 9mm was a common ammo
>>
the spetsnaz use it but not 'officially' because supressed subsonic munitions are considered too cruel to be humane by the geneva convention
>>
File: 20170802_170955_HDR.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170802_170955_HDR.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>34737551
both of these rounds are 7.62mm
>>
>>34737588
Ok so the length matters, but does that mean that one rifle is completely tailored for an specific length or do you have to only change the "feed" to make it work with longer/shorter ammo?
>>
>>34737657

You might be able to fit 7.62x39mm in a .308 firearm with some work on the rifle, but it's incredibly dangerous to fire due to things like bullet and rim size differences.
>>
>>34737717

And, on that note, the 9x39mm round fired by the VSS series rifles are completely differetn from the 9x19mm round used in pistols. There's no chance in hell you could get a 9x19mm round to chamber in a 9x39mm firearm, and putting 9x19mm in a 9x39mm firearm is a bad accident waiting to happen, if it even feeds.
>>
>>34737717
>>34737737
wow, guns don't make sense
but thanks for the replies guys
>>
>>34737657
Rifles are almost always exclusively tailored for one and only one specific type of ammo. The catridge is completely enclsoed and fits very snugly in the chamber, leaving no room for anything else, and any empty space would result in the cartridge ripping itself apart when you try to fire it, possibly blasting the entire rifle to bits. Some can switch with "just" a new barrel, but generally you'd also need a new bolt and magazines even for an easy conversion, and in some cases you'll need to rebuild the whole thing from the ground up.

Many revolvers can take cartridges of different length, assuming nothing else is different lengths, but you usually only get two options there, such as a .44 magnum also being able to sue the shorter .44 special, or a .357 magnum accepting the shorter .38 special.
>>
>>34737759
They make sense. There's just a lot more to calibres than the width of the bullet, and on top of that the number usually mentioned for that is often more of a name than an exact measurement.
>>
File: a-data_DRAM_DDR3_4GB-540x499.jpg (74KB, 540x499px) Image search: [Google]
a-data_DRAM_DDR3_4GB-540x499.jpg
74KB, 540x499px
>>34737782
He's a gamer, and I asdume glorious PC master race, so-

Think of 9mm and 7.62mm like RAM, specifically 9 as regular full RAM, and 7.62 as SODIMM laptop RAM. Obviously they aren't compatible since they're different sizes
Now consider that the 9mm used by the Beretta and UMP is DDR2 (9x19mm) while the VSS is DDR3 (9x39mm) You can't load a DDR3 mobo with DDR2 even if they're the same size - the RAM has different notches and contacts, while ammo has differently sized brass
Same for 7.62, with the Nagant using 7.62x38R, AKM using 7.62x39 and M24 using 7.62x51 so IRL, there is zero cross compatibility
>>
>>34739122
I like this analogy since both can be a total cluster fuck of confusion.
>>
>>34737536
>>34737511
Dude, just look up the velocity

> 280 m/s (920 ft/s)

So it's literally just subsonic 9 with better sectional density (more weight for the same diameter so it won't slow down as quickly)

So the drop is manageable out to 200 yards
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.