[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any thoughts on the Zastava M85? I want a bolt action riffle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 82753604[1].jpg (12KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
82753604[1].jpg
12KB, 600x510px
any thoughts on the Zastava M85? I want a bolt action riffle in .223/5.56 with iron sights on the cheap.
>>
>>34736560
They're utter shit. I mean, total, un-Zastava-like, irredeemable, unsafe to fire even new, shit.
>>
>>34736560
I got one.

For the money it's surprisingly nice.

Adjustable trigger will make the gun not drop safe if you adjust it anything lighter than factory.
>>
>>34736583
>>34736586
any alternatives you would suggest
>>
>>34736605
>>34736605
CZ 527
>>
>>34736605
CZ 527, Howa 1500 mini action, Remington model 7. Of the 3 the Howa is going to be the cheapest, starting around $350. All are available with or without factory irons.
>>
File: Sort_of_want.jpg (63KB, 237x344px) Image search: [Google]
Sort_of_want.jpg
63KB, 237x344px
>>34736625
That a mini-Mauser action?
>>
>>34736697
yep
>>
Look for CZ 527, they're slightly more expensive but they're wonderful rifles. Howa has a bunch of mini action models as well to look for.

Sako has a bunch of models with irons, I own a couple but they're certainly not cheap. I would absolute reccomend one but they're investments and I wouldn't advise getting one for you unless it were on sale.
>>
>>34736560
kind of a strange caliber for bolt no? why not go to a 243 or 270 win?
>>
>>34736804
You'd be surprised how capable .223 is, especially from a comparatively long barrel and with softpoints.
>>
>>34736804
It's cheaper to shoot and is more than capable of taking down varmints like yotes and such
>>
>>34736921
>>34736842
>>34736560
If you want to hunt with a .223 check with your state's laws regarding what you are hunting can be legally shot with .223. For instance, in WA deer can only be hunted by .240 and larger.
http://wdfw.wa.gov/help/questions/111/I+am+a+successful+hunter+and+have+killed+deer+in+other+states+with+a+.223+caliber+rifle.+Why+can%27t+I+use+my+.223+to+hunt+deer+in+Washington+State%3F
>>
>>34736987
Most states don't allow .223 for deer. Varmints and pest animals fall into a different category where there really isn't any caliber restrictions as long as it has enough power to humanly kill what you shoot.
>>
>>34736987
>>34737203

Actually 37 of the 50 states either have no restrictions on caliber/bore diameter or are like my state and allow "any centerfire caliber" or have a minimum muzzle energy requirement that .223 and most other modern bottlenecked rounds meet.
>tfw I could legally hunt deer and black bear with .25acp
>>
It's an honest to god piece of shit, the wood is trash, the checkering is 1/3 complete, and the action is anything but smooth. The only redeeming factor is that it has decent bluing, would not buy.
>>
>>34736583
naw.

I have a CZ527 and Zastava M85 both in 7.62x39. The Zastava is definately a lower quality but is in no means " utter shit"
>>
>>34737852
I've been through 4 of them trying to get one that was even functional. They're unmitigated shit.
>first one had dangerously excessive headspace (so large I couldn't accurately measure it, it would close on a no-go gauge with 5 layers of duct tape on the back of it)
>second one was chambered so ridiculously off-center there was a visible fucking ledge at the front of the chamber and it would fragment bullets still in the barrel, looked like I was shooting shrapnel
>third one would fire EVERY SINGLE TIME you closed the bolt regardless of safety position or how gently you closed the bolt, on the factory trigger setting
>4th one came with a visibly bent barrel
The one with the off-center chamber is the only one I even fired.
>>
>>34736804
I live on a ranch and I need it for pest ranging from large stray dogs and coyotes down to raccoons. also cheep target practice.
>>34736987
>>34737203
not for hunting deer
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.