[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Tapco such garbage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1500849129396.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1500849129396.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
Why is Tapco such garbage?
>>
>>34734498
I couldn't tell you, I haven't had a single issue with the Tapco trigger on my WASR or Tapco mags feeding. They don't feel as nice as magpul mags, but they're also not nearly as expensive so
>>
>>34734498
There's nothing "wrong" with it, other than the stock sets are not pleasing to the eye IMO.
But to each their own. They make good brakes, trigger groups etc etc.
>>
File: IMG_1591.jpg (62KB, 736x447px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1591.jpg
62KB, 736x447px
>>34734765
>y don't feel as nice as magpul mags, but they're also not nearly as expensive so
Magpul mags are like $10 how poor are you?
>>
>>34734498
I have an N-PAP that has a tapco trigger and mag. The mag is consistently shit. Never feeds right no matter what ammo I use.

The trigger, on the other hand, is fucking amazing. By far the best feeling trigger i've ever used.
>>
>>34734765
>>34734844
>Tapco mag
>fails to feed constantly
>comes loose after every single shot fired
>gets worse
>literally falls out of the gun after every single shot fired
Not even making this up.
>>
because RIFLE IS FINE but people put plastic CRAP on it
>>
Literally everything I have come in contact with that was made by tapco was absolute garbage
>>
>>34734498
It's really hit or miss.

AK/AR mags suck and much better shit is available for the same price.

AK trigger group is very good.

Furniture is bleh.

They make really good Mini-14 magazines. At least the 2nd gen. 1st was dogshit.
>>
>>34734498
>my friend is a massive jew and only acquires mags that cost him less than $5
>gets tapco, some even cheaper and shittier chinese mag, and a decent korean tanker mag before he even touches a bakelite
>the tapco fails to feed every 5 rounds
>the tapco's bottom plate has literally just fucking fallen off so he superglued it back
>the follower will tilt to the side and let rounds fall to the bottom of the mag
>it's just generally a wobbly piece of shit

vs

>magpul or surplus
>2 failure to feeds over 3k rounds
>no other issues
>>
Well tapcos 20 round SKS mags are pretty amazing...some might say borderline required if it's your only rifle. They really are the gold standard in replacement SKS mags.

but everything else can go away. I just can't get into that plastic bullshit rifle look...something about a solid wood rifle, one you can beat a man to death with when it runs out of bullets.

Either way I'm pretty sure tapco made its name in SKS shit...and now it's just kind of not going away
>>
>>34734765
This, I really like the Tapco trigger in my WASR and my Tapco mags work fine. They are the ridge kind so they are ugly as fuck but Im gunna grt rid of them when I get some Tapco Fakalites
>>
>>34734498
It isn't. Tapco is fine. Maybe you got an old one, or the spring is damaged, or it's just a blem. More likely, it's your rifle, not the mag. I own a couple of dozen, my friends own more, and I've done my due diligence on them, and I don't think there's a problem.

Then again, please consider that you've got millions of floppy, way out of any reasonable tolerance, AK variants that may have a favorite magazine that just happens to fit and nothing else will.

I sold my half-dozen AK's years ago because they were all so finicky and floppy it was like having a harem of used-up whores who each made demands like they were the world's hottest celebrity. I literally had mags that were color coded to match up to particular guns.

Every AR I own takes every Tapco, Magpul, GI, or other mag I have like a champ. If one mag has a problem, sure enough the problem is replicated in my other AR's, clearly distinguishing it as a mag issue.

Bottom line: it isn't the brand. It's your rifle. Sorry, bro.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.