[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winchester model 100

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8467.jpg (101KB, 1040x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8467.jpg
101KB, 1040x318px
How have I never heard of this semi auto fudd blaster before? I kind of want it now. Anyone have experience with it?
>>
File: 1484883092895.png (30KB, 207x260px) Image search: [Google]
1484883092895.png
30KB, 207x260px
>>34733343
>>
>>34733362
I'm 24
>>
>>34733387
That's nice.
Fuck off.
>>
>>34733424
whoah, where's this hostility coming from. go back to /pol if you're gonna be shitty
>>
>>34733362
Yes, because everyone should know about a rifle that ceased production 44 years ago and had a small production run. Most folks can't pick an 88 or 100 out of a line up on a good day.
>>34733343
The Winchester 100 came out in 1961 and was part of a newer generation of rifle along with the Winchester 88. Both of them didn't live past 1973 and they really had some of the same issues. Both the 88 and 100 had some of the worst trigger pulls imaginable, which for people used to the trigger on the Model 70 was a hell of a shock. They had some accuracy issues but it's not honestly as bad as people make it out to be, I have an 88 Carbine and it's accurate enough to be functional but it's never going to win any competitions. Matters were also complicated by the Remington 740, it sold for less, and had a better trigger which wasn't hard to achieve given the quality of the 100's. In the 100's favor is the build quality, they are substantially more durable than the Remington 740/742/7400 and don't suffer from the short lifespan of their competition. It didn't help them at the time however and the 1964 redesign really didn't help Winchester, especially when some 100's were leaving the factory with purple tinted parts due to changes in finishing resulting from the cost cutting measures of 64'

If you were going to pick up a Model 100 in this day and age just make sure to do a good inspection prior to buying it and make sure it comes with a magazine that feeds right, the bastards are nearly 70 dollars a piece when they're available. Otherwise just learn to strip it properly and clean and lube the thing once in a while and enjoy a rather unknown commercial rifle. Maybe pick up an 88 so it has a friend.
>>
File: joao-bruno-putulukeso-2125-800x_.jpg (257KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
joao-bruno-putulukeso-2125-800x_.jpg
257KB, 800x1200px
>>34733424
Bet you feel nice n' grown up now, huh?
>>
I have a Pre 64 Winchester M100 and its single handedly made me hate .308 for years until I shot an M14. Not really all that accurate or reliable. Okay guns, if you want one just know that only 4 or 5 round mags exist so you wont be doing alot of blasting with one
>>
>>34733343
I know a guy who had one in pieces in a drawer because he said it went full auto on him. To me, that's a feature, but he wouldn't sell it to me or get rid of it. I'm not sure what he planned to do with it.
>>34733630
My dad has an 88. It does have a heavy trigger, but the action is smoother than a model 94 at least.
>>
>>34733343
There is a recall from Winchester on them. The firing pin can become brittle and break causing it to protrude and possibly set the cartridge off before the bolt is locked up. If you remove the pin and contact Winchester, they will send you a new firing pin and a cheques for $35 to cover the gunsmith fees. I am not kidding about this. My buddy just had it done with his Model 100.
>>
>>34733487
Fuck off jew
>>
>>34736783
Fuck off nigger
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.