[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Cleaning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: gun-cleaning.jpg (51KB, 600x427px) Image search: [Google]
gun-cleaning.jpg
51KB, 600x427px
What products does /k/ use to clean and lubricate their guns?

I saw a thread a while back about this when I was nofuns but can't remember what was recommended.
>>
Hoppe's No. 9
Hoppe's Benchrest
Safariland CLP
Safariland Powder Blast
>>
Corrosion X
>>
>>34732614

>>34732711
>>
>>34732614
>What products does /k/ use to clean and lubricate their guns?
Haven't cleaned my guns in twenty years, and never will. Guns run just fine, even as I put thousands of rounds through them each month. Gun cleaning is for sissies and dandies.
>>
Hoppes #9
CLP
Gibbs
White lithium grease

Tipton jags and Otis brushes.

On a side note, It's amazing how many snake oil products exist for guns.
>>
Hoppes Elite
CLP
White lithium grease
Bore snakes
Pipe cleaners
>>
CLP that is all. One product that cleans and lubes. Usually spray it on. Tooth brush some parts. Swab some parts. Blow off all excess with air compressor. Wipe with rag. Done.
>>
M-Pro 7, bore snakes and a bronze brush
I'm a lazy piece of shit
>>
File: that's real fuckin cis.png (63KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
that's real fuckin cis.png
63KB, 300x300px
>>34733468
>not pampering your firearms every 2 weeks and after every range trip
you probably have never slept with any of your guns either, faglord.
>>
A shoe lace and some used motor oil - everything else is for sissies with AR-15's.
>>
Hoppes for bore.

Cleaner (not cleaner and lubricant) to shake gunk off.

Oil after cleaner.

Grease after cleaner instead of oil for FAL, AK and VZ58.
>>
For the bore I like to use patches, bore brushes and snakes.

- wet patch
- 10~15 reps with bore brush
- snake the residue

Repeat.

The amount that comes off is incredible.
>>
Any thoughts on removing cosmoline from surplus guns? I've heard of people using gasoline/kerosene, heatgun, etc. but that kind of thing sounds really rough on the gun. I don't want to damage the finish, especially since I do much more finger fucking than actual shooting. Aesthetics are like 75% of the appeal.
>>
I clean them once a year and haven't had a problem so far. I only shoot around 100-200 rounds a month though. m-pro 7 and hoppes No. 9
>>
>>34733856
I used hoppes for the metal parts, although any bore cleaner should do the part fine.
For wood parts, I would wrap them in paper towels, then in black garbage bags, then place them in my car with the windows up on a hot day.
>>
>>34733997
>For wood parts, I would wrap them in paper towels, then in black garbage bags, then place them in my car with the windows up on a hot day.

I live in Florida, and I'm a little concerned the humidity would cause the wood to swell.
>>
>>34733856
Mineral spirits for metal parts. Doesn't fuck up the finish at all. Soak for about 30 to an hour and wipe/brush off the remnants. Apply oil to all metal parts afterwards.

That is it. It's too easy.
>>
For cosmoline milsurp small parts I have a pan just for boiling them on my grill sideburner. It works great. You will never use the pan for anything else ever again! Mineral spirits also works well and heat works well on the large parts.
>>
>>34734022
I would be more worried about warping from the other heat applied methods and non-heat applied methods just don't work.
>>
>>34732614
hoppes no 9
CLP
bore snake
winchester 223 cleaning kit
>>
>>34732614
>my pee pee cause it's 90% alcohol
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.