[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Detroit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 2I1A0215.jpg (479KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
2I1A0215.jpg
479KB, 1000x667px
Well boys, I graduated a couple months ago and I got a job offer. Came with a nice sign on bonus, as well as a relocation bonus. Only problem is that I have to go to Detroit.
I've been to Michigan before and I loved it, but I haven't been to Detroit yet. That being said, I did spend the first 11 years of my life living in New Orleans so I am sort of used to the constant cultural enrichment gifted to us by our black community members.

Since I am a yuppie faggot, I got a 12 month lease on an edgy loft in a building that a coworker said is really nice, but the google earth of the surrounding area looks like shit. Good thing I got my gats.

Any fellow /k/ommandos in Detroit? If so, do you recommend any good places to shoot? Places to avoid? Any gun stores in the area that have decent selections?
>>
>>34730470
Detroit is fine, don't be a puss puss. Best place to shoot is the Lapeer pit, but it's an hour away.
>>
>>34730470
Have fun getting raped by Tyrone at 3am
>>
If they legalize weed the street gang problem goes away, no need to fight over territory anymore. Then that whole place will gentrify up nicely.
>>
>>34730470
Stop being a bourgeois wimp who is scared of everything, carry your gun, get trained in BJJ or something, and enjoy the awesome weather and find cool things the city has to offer you fucking chump.
>>
>>34731256
>hurr if we legalize weed, crime will go away
Niggers sell drugs other than weed, you know.
>>
>>34731348
Legalize all drugs and gambling
git gud gun laws so no one has to worry about protection rackets being on the rise again
get better hooker laws and behead the pimps and people selling children

literally neuter these organizations, educate people on how to fucking be responsible and keep their shit to themselves, and enjoy the results.
No reason for the black market arms trade which is already fairly small anyway because said organizations won't have anything left to war over, or any reason to exist. Theft rings don't war, and see solution to the risk of protection rackets.

I just ended the gangs.
You're welcome.
>>
>>34731499
>just legalize all crime bro!
>>
>>34731499
I think libertarianism stopped being a thing a couple years ago
>>
Keep your standard issue hi point carbine close to you at all times!
>>
>>34731538
It's not crime anymore if you legalize and regulate it.

Do you want to attack the roots of criminal organizations and the violence they bring or do you want to keep pretending just arresting new recruits over and over again is doing anything?

>>34731566
Only because people are contrarians. I remember in the early 2000s when being a Liberal was the cool thing on the internet, then it jumped to Libertarianism, now it's "Facism is good! xDDDDDDDD"
>>
>>34731637
>It's not crime anymore if you legalize and regulate it.
>legalize murder
And how is that going for the Philippines?
>>
>>34731644
No one said legalize murder you literal scarecrow in a fedora

If you're referring to "behead the pimps and the people who sell children" our brave soldiers could do that job.

You're also comparing a shithole with a different culture than ours to our shithole.
>>
>>34731663
>No one said legalize murder you literal scarecrow in a fedora
>If you're referring to "behead the pimps and the people who sell children" our brave soldiers could do that job.
And then literally everyone in the city, if not the state, with an axe to grind against their neighbor goes out and guns them down under the excuse that "Oh they were a child-slaving pimp"
>>
>>34731718
You're retarded. No one said get rid of due process.
You'd still have to face consequences for just shooting someone because no one said make murder legal.

What was being discussed? Lucrative rackets that fund the existence of these organizations and the problems they cause for the average person.
Irl hitmen exist in these criminal circles or are political assassins, so no, that won't take off as a lucrative replacement industry and it's likely going to get more and more difficult to get away with murder anyway.
>>
Goddamn, the /pol/tards are out in force lately....
(INB4 "I've never been to /pol/". Well fucking go there, then. The rest of us just want to talk about guns 'n' shit.)
>>34730470
Detroit is great if you're not an absolute retard. Carry whenever possible, don't go to the really shitty neighborhoods (especially at night), generally avoid being a fucking autist in public, etc., and you'll be fine. Just try and avoid Flint.
Honestly, most Detroiters, both black and white, are pretty good people. The city has survived a lot of shit for a reason.

Oh, and, if you don't mind the drive, there are some great ranges Downriver. Top Gun is kinda meh, but it's a decent LGS/indoor range near Eureka Road. My favorite is the Monroe Rifle and Pistol Club, though it's a solid hour from Detroit. Members only and outwardly a little fudd-y, but I've been going there for years and never had an issue. Basically, as long as you aren't rude or a dumbass, they don't really care what you do. 50yd pistol and 200yd rifle, no limits on guns, and it's usually vacant except on Sundays or during their various little leagues.
>>
File: 20170728_160708.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px)
20170728_160708.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Make sure you visit the Henry Ford museum.
They've got really cool cars, planes, and steam powered stuff from the late 1800s and early 1900s.
It takes a couple days to go through the whole place.
>>
>>34731566
>I think libertarianism stopped being a thing a couple years ago
except it has literally grown by leaps and bounds over the past few years
>>
>>34731256
is that what your college professor told you?
thats cute
>>
>>34730470
I'm on the west side of Michigan, but Detroit is on the road to recovery. It's got it's bad areas like any other, but it's increasingly getting better.

Flint and Saginaw are places you want to avoid like the plague.
>>
>>34731235
This.

Detroit let itself become what it has become, which is why it will never again amount to shit until they expel the cancer they invited with their entitlement zones.

Even then, expect the need for National Guard level presence for a while to protect any new growth from the local parasites.
>>
>>34733298
No, that's what common sense dictates
>who would've thought that taking a majority of funding away from an organization would cause it to stop existing
>>
>>34733298
You sound like my dumb statist police friends who are always warning of the dangers that marijuana poses as a street drug, and how because it's a street drug it's an even greater risk because of it's likelihood to be spiked or have added bullshit.

Hi dumb dumb legalize a plant and it's no longer a street drug.

Will legalizing weed solve all of drug wars forever? No, but it will make drug dealers a much smaller niche.
>>
>>34731256
Yeah, legal weed stops gang warfare... oh wait

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/03/gang-violence-surged-northeast-denver-march/
>>
>>34730470
Detroit isn't really bad at all. As long as you stay out of the nig nog areas you're fine. Plus if you get your concealed carry permit you're golden.
>>
>>34730470
moved a few months ago, lived in midtown for 2 years. before that i commuted to the city for about 6 years from the burbs for work. if you have any situational awareness at all you'll be fine.

closest indoor gun ranges are top gun in taylor and action impact in eastpointe. not sure what the closest outdoor range is.

i still come down to SE MI every now and again, if you're interested shoot me a (you) and ill post my email.
>>
>>34731499
Like the Dutch? In theory it works, but the United States is lots different from a small European county.
>>
>>34730470
>black population of the city is over 80% of the total population

No fuckin thanks.
>>
>>34733616
Detroit has a lot of land area broken into enclaves. Midtown, downtown, and the river front are absolutely white majority. Almost every house in the Southwest is Hispanic. Don't be a fucking sperg.

OP
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_56074-130928--,00.html
>>
>>34733725
Still, I grew up in a black majority city, and that shit did not leave a good impression on me of the inhabitants. So yes, I sperg out when I see stats like that.
>>
>>34733356
>>34733373
>who would have thought getting rid of weed would completely disrupt criminal orginizations that make large profits from selling other, much harder drugs, guns, car parts, stolen property, and people
weed is just a drop in the bucket, if you really think making it legal is going to change the whole spectrum of problems you better stay in those nice gentrified neighborhoods. Im all for the legalization of weed but hold no naive notions that it will change anything in a serious way
>>
>>34731499
you should look into why people join gangs in the first place. it's not a soley moneymaking business, the guys on the street aren't making millions, they do it for a sense of belonging and because they grew up with that trash.

the smarter ones will just go legit if you ever legalize crime. gambling was legalized in vegas and atlantic city a while back but that didn't stop the mafia from muscling in.
>>
File: 431263301.jpg (495KB, 2400x1539px)
431263301.jpg
495KB, 2400x1539px
>>34730470

>11 years of my life living in New Orleans

OP I am in the same situation, moved to Nola for work and I'm living in the French Quarter because I thought it would be a safe touristy place. Now I'm hearing about robberies once a week. How hard is it to get a concealed carry here? I just need it for walking from my car at night back from work. What would happen if I got caught with it without the permit?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.