[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun regrets thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 1500349564062.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1500349564062.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>why didn't I buy an AES10B When they were 500 dollars
What regrets do you have /k/? Deals you passed up? Guns you sold? Tell us!
>>
Anther one I have is my local sporting goods store had a Benelli M4 marked down to 1k flat. That one hurts sometimes too.
>>
>be 11
>2009
>go to police selloff with Dad
>every single AK was 300, no matter the variant
>every single SKS was 150, no matter the variant
>Dad didn't buy a single one
>still give him shit about it to this day
>>
>be me
>make enough money that I can buy whatever I want
>no regrets
>>
>>34717751
I'm torn between a Walther PPQ with rebate that is probably a bit too big to carry, or a lightly used H&K P2000sk that is more carry-sized but the trigger isn't as good, and I can't afford both, and they are about the same size.

So i'm going to regret missing out on one of them.
>>
I impulse purchased my first AR a few months ago. A Del-Ton DT Sport Lite for $440. I thought I was buying the regular version but it wasn't until I got home and was fingerfucking it when I thought, "Huh, isn't there supposed to be a forward assist here?" Then it hit me. Felt like a complete dumbass.
>>
Not buying a really nice k31 a year ago for 300

Now I want one and all the surp is dried up
>>
File: 1498440936536.gif (162KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1498440936536.gif
162KB, 500x379px
I regret not buying an M44 back in '14 as my first gun because I thought I was better than doing that and got an AR instead.
>>
>>34717751
Model 70 in 7X57, with clip guides and military style irons for $350.00
>>
>nickel plated Jericho 941 for $400
>nickel plated pre-b CZ-75 for $350
>a nugget back when they were $89
>a nugget revolver when they were $99
>cz-82 for $150
>>
>>34717751
9mm pinfire missing only the grips that I passed up not once but twice. Now I hoping it hasn't sold but the next gun show
>>
>>34718460
a cz-82 for that price would have been great.
>>
>>34717751

Befriended a Pacific theater WWII vet, gifted him a UFH 10" M1 bayonet after he told me a story about using one on a Jappo trying to sneak up on his hole. Turns out he's got a .45 caliber Luger that's extrenely rare. He was 92, kids wanted to put him in a home and he obviously couldn't bring his Luger with him. One day I come home and his chair he always sat in on the porch is gone, fuckers moved him before I could even say goodbye. Cunts probably took that goddamn bayonet and didn't know what to do with it. It was in beautiful, original condition, I loved that thing. So I lost my beautiful bayonet and the rarest goddamn German handgun ever fucking made. Makes me angry just typing this, fuck this. Time for another beer.
>>
>>34718787

>forgot to mention WWII vet wanted to sell it to me for $800
>Reportedly worth way, way more than this

I do not lie, this is a true story
>>
>>34717751
Bought a new Arsenal SLR 104 gun in January and still haven't fired it yet
>>
>>34718346
Meh. You could do worse. $440 with no forward assist. Majority of the time you never even use it. More comfortable to sling carry without a forward assist if you're left handed. Don't be too sad.
>>
>>34718831
No shell deflector or dust cover either. But yeah, it's not so bad. I just felt bad that I could've gotten a M&P sport II FOR LIKE $50 more. At least Del-ton seems to be one of the better budget AR companies.
>>
File: 1500752514773.webm (1MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500752514773.webm
1MB, 404x720px
>>34718807
tfw Claire will never smile at me that way
>>
>>34717751
Didn't get a vz58 with 5 mags and mag pouches for $400, they're going for $700+ now
>>
>>34718995
Oooh. I know this feel all too well. I was considering it, but decided to take a trip to Japan with my ex instead. I was reluctanct because mags seemed hard to find.
>>
>Ithaca 12g
>300 dollars
>>
>>34717751
>Mosin Nagant

The Ol' Garbage Rod's bolt broke on me, should I buy a replacement guide rod, firing pin and cocking piece or should I just get a whole new bolt?
>>
>>34719794

depends, if you want to save money those parts are a lot cheaper than a complete bolt, but if you buy a complete bolt you'll gain a couple spare parts
>>
I wish I had the money to jump on a PSL when they were the same price as a WASR.
>>
>>34718321
PPQ and P2000 are for fags.

Actually, I can't think of any gun that starts with a P that isn't shit.
>>
>>34718072
That hurts me and I didn't even have a chance to buy it.
>>
>>34719829
Might save up for a complete bolt honestly, I fucked up putting the bolt back together, the firing pin won't screw all the way into the cocking piece and I sort of assumed it was just the nugget being a nugget so I took a big ass wrench I have to the guide rod and I fucking broke it. Now the guide rod is fucked and I can't get the firing pin out and even if I do the threads on the cocking piece are probably fucked.

Yea probably gonna have to buy a whole new bolt
>>
>>34720188
P-3N1S
>>
I own a shitload of guns and have bought pretty much everything I ever wanted. I'm spending more now than the last 5 years. I just picked up four of those $700 Larue rifles because I doubt that deal will be back anytime soon.

In the early 2000s I was buying 7.62x39 for $60 a case and 525 packs of .22 for $6.88 at Walmart. I always had more than I needed but I never stacked it as deep as I could. If I could go back I'd buy 25+ cases of each at those prices.

I did however buy a fuckload of 9mm for $4.50 a box of 50 when Dicks firesaled all the old Galyans handgun ammo. I had just bought a machine-gun though, so it made sense.
>>
>>34718321
P2000sk
You won't regret it.
>>
Being out of the country when K31s were $300 with a kit and sling
>>
>>34717751
I regret not buying a fuck load of nuggets when they were cheap as fuck.
>>
>sold handnugget for $110 years ago
>theyre $350 now
never selling a gat again
>>
not stockpiling 7n6
not buying AK's when they were cheap
not buying assorted surplus

good thing AR's are better and dirt cheap now
pistols don't change that much so meh
>>
Wanting to buy a ptr91
Should I go for it?
>>
>>34722394
I don't wanna end up itt
>>
I bought one of those aes10b. And I bought one of those $400 vz2008s. And I bought two of those $180 yugo SKS cabelas had that one time. And I bought two of those $80 nuggets.

My only regret is not buying more of them.
>>
I got mine without a bipod for $550 in August of 2013
>then some fucking cunt bought up all the $5 bipods
>all 650 of them
>>
>>34717751
I joined the /k/ CMP club but never got the money together for a Garand.
>>
>>34718321
Do you mean a P2000? The PPQ and P2000SK are nowhere near the same size. Fuck subcompacts. The USPc/P2000 are the perfect size compact handgun. P99 > PPQ, anyway.
>>
>>34722556
And, a week ago, I bought a WGRS-54 for my Savage 64 and fucked up the sight irreparably while trying to install it by getting impatient filling at the sight base and trying to pound it in with a brass punch. So not only am I poor, I'm a gorilla idiot who can't take care of things I buy myself for my birthday.
>>
>Bought a bunch of shittier cheap guns instead of just a few quality ones.
>Didn't buy milsurp years ago when it was dirt cheap.
>Didn't stock up on cheap ammo
>>
>>34719702
I got my Ithaca for 300 syrupbucks. I rarely see them for anything more than that. They're everywhere. Where do you live?
>>
>>34722276
>not stockpiling 7n6
Eh, it's corrosive but extra good at killing stuff.
>not buying AK's when they were cheap
They're still kinda cheap but no more $300 SAR-1s so OK.
>not buying assorted surplus
Sure. You can't buy new so this was the option.
>good thing AR's are better and dirt cheap now
OK.
>pistols don't change that much so meh
Awww. Didn't from the above mistakes.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.