[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-defense with a knife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0019.jpg (28KB, 200x434px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0019.jpg
28KB, 200x434px
Well, /k/, I actually had to use a knife to defend myself the other day. Will give details if anyone is interested.

The reason I'm making this thread though is for people to post tips and techniques for defensive knife fighting. I was successful in defeating my attacker, but he didn't die, and I also got disarmed at the end. I want to do better if it ever comes to this again.
>>
>>34717247
You know people are gonna want details, why not just put them in the original post
>>
>>34717247
>"do.... do you guys wanna hear my story?"

Just post it you faggot.
>>
>>34717268
>>34717287
Alright here goes

>come home from work
>roommate has a friend over
>never seen the guy before but that's not out of the ordinary
>get in the shower
>roommate and guy are by the door when I come out of the shower
>guy is raging drunk and screaming
>roommate trying to make him leave
>tell the guy to leave now or I'm calling the police
>he's focused on me now, yelling and making threats directed at me
>starts coming towards me
>pretty scared at this point, this guy is probably about 6'3" and 230 at least
>I'm 5'11" and 165
>so he ends up backing me up in to the kitchen
>decided I needed a weapon at this point
>officially nogunz because on probabtion
>so I got grab a large chef's knife from the knife block
>I'm in a corner with the knife
>beg him to leave so I don't have to stab him
>finally get him back to the door
>just when I think he's about to leave finally, he comes at me again
>don't back up this time
>he grabs my throat and slams me into a nearby shelf
>start stabbing
>I think the fist hit was in the abdomen, all I know for sure is it wasn't a very good hit though
>he bends a little but is still struggling and in his feet
>stab more
>hit him two more times in the back, one is really deep
>most surreal moment of the entire experience was the split second I was gripping the knife and it was deep inside him while he was still moving around
>more struggling ensues, somehow he gets the knife out of my hand and onto the floor a few feet away
>he gets me on all fours and on top of me
>I was the most scared at this point, thought he was about to pick up the knife and kill me
>right then though he collapsed off of me onto the floor
>make sure the knife is out of his reach
>hold pressure on his wounds until cops get there
>>
>>34717503
Time to get a new room mate
>>
>>34717503
badass anon, you successfully defended your home. Could've been way less beta about it though.

There are two main schools of thought in a knife fight:
>stand with knife hand forward to minimize distance between knife and target, quick slashes and stabs to closest targets like arms/leg, maintain distance so the knife doesn't become trapped. Best against a foe who also has a knife or club
>Stand with knife hand back, using the unarmed lead hand to block/grab/trap while stabbing quickly with the read hand. Many like to get even closer, making contact with the lead shoulder instead of the lead hand boxing style to avoid getting hit in the face. Works best against a unarmed foe, or one that rushes you, initiates the grapple, or wants to try and disarm you.
>>
>>34717247
Google

MCMAP training manual
>>
>>34717503
>hold pressure on the wounds.
Should've sat on his chest so he bleeds out faster. Fuck that guy. You're lucky he didn't kill you.
>>
>>34717503
Also, even though you're clearly in the right in this situation, I'd be worried about that guy suing you or pressing charges after he gets out of the hospital. Or just murdering you.
>>
>>34717723
I didn't really want to help him, but I'm actually trained as a medi. And it just felt irresponsible not to. He was also still conscious and I thought it would look better for me if it ended up going to court I could say I provided aid.
>>
>>34717503
The key to killing somebody with a knife is:

1. overwhelming violence

2. knowing basic anatomy

3. knowing basic grappling/fighting

1/2 are pretty obvious and self explanatory. How quickly a guy goes down depends on how many holes you make and where. #3 is crucially important because it is going to be what you use to apply the first two.

as you experienced yourself, PEOPLE DO NOT TEND TO DIE QUICKLY FROM STAB WOUNDS. There are plenty of knifing videos out there and in almost every single one the stabee actively fights back long after being wounded. Even when somebody's carotid is cut they'll more than likely stand there attempting to apply pressure for several seconds before going down.

It is for this reason that to effectively and quickly kill somebody with a knife requires that you essentially actively fight them and control them WHILE stabbing.

A properly formed shanking or sentry removal tends to follow a basic pattern

1. Close quickly and preferably unexpectedly

2. Pick an initial target of high value. EX. carotid artery, heart, major thoracic blood vessels, descending aorta, renal artery, femoral artery, diaphragm.

3. Control their movement. Either take them down using grappling technique that you can implement with a knife or at least get close enough that they cant strike effectively, get a handle on them, and stay on them.

3. Cause massive trauma. Hit them repeatedly in various targets of opportunity in a rapid and fluid fashion. Maximize the time the blade is in contact with the opponent and minimize the time you are retracting/swinging/moving the blade around to stab again.

EX. slash the common carotid below the adams apple, maintain a cutting contact while quickly moving the blade in a rough "S" shape cutting across the neck, lightly downward, and then digging back in deeply as you swipe the blade deeper just under the clavicle as you retract the blade. Done properly you can hit more than one target per cutting motion
>>
>>34717950
you could now retract the blade only slightly more and stab back in towards the upper thoracic vessels or stab it into the abdomenothoracic area towards the diaphragm(just under the sternum) and slash downwards while staying inside of the abdomen cleaving the abdominal wall open and causing massive trauma. Remember to cam your wrist like youre trying to keep the blade at a 45 degree angle to ease cutting and maximize damage. this can then be followed up with a powerful downward slash through the inguinal space(femoral) or a upwards stab into the groin.

Of course in real life you aren't going to get some crazy 10,000 point combo off all nice and crisp like that while the dude just stands there.

More likely youll do something like the carotid-subclavian slash while stepping in and hooking a heel, using your off hand that was a leverage arm now to complete a classic reap.

Don't throw your opponent but instead go down to the ground with them, staying on top and taking advantage of the momentum from falling to get past their guard and stab them somewhere else very important.

Now comes the really grisly part where you stay on top(ideally get past their guard), keep them from stuffing your knife hand(common reaction) while striking any targets of opportunity to keep your positive momentum and get the to bleed out/give up quicker.

Real grisly stuff desu, makes SD with a firearm sound positively pleasant by comparison.
>>
>>34717247
grab shirt with offhand, brutal fast stabs to stomach sides and back as you pull them around by the shirt, deadly effective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XiSn81oFw
>>
>>34718141
>>34717950
This isn't fallout 4 where you have time to vats arteries you weeb. Grab em, stab em in his guts, quickly and violently as possible.
>>
>>34717503
Where the fuck was your roommate while you were grappling?! Even if the dude was a giant, 2 fully grown adult males should easily be able to restrain him
>>
>>34718294
Because that won't end up with retaliation and bloody mess everywhere.

Best result? You might kill the guy with yourself relatively unharmed. Worst? Ya dead.
>>
>>34718362
I think he implied "repeat step 1 until they fall over"
>>
>>34718294
>needing to VATS arteries
Some of us actually went to college and learned skills fampai
>>
>>34718266
>senshido

This guy is a fucking hack and retard supreme. Is method of self defense involves trying to girly scratch your attackers face into submission and on camera had his shoulder broken by guy while trying to prove that submission grappling doesn't work.
>>
File: 1488253392820.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488253392820.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>34718586
I see no "Senshido" in this video, only knife stuff where everything applies. Find me this video you bullshitter.
>>34718531
skills from a book that you 100% wont remember when someone is trying to fucking stab you, and you them. Good one nerd.
>>
Slashes are better than stabs when fighting.
Doesn't matter how deep a cut is when it's 30 inches long (disregarding fleshwounds)

Keep the knife hand back and your free hand foreward, so if someone moves for it, your free hand can deter them while your knife hand moves for a cut.

Don't just stab wildly, the blade can easily get stuck in a tough muscle or in a bone, then it'll be a hastle to get your knife back. Also, you can break the blade if you go fast enough at a weird angle.

Honestly, there's no way to come out of a knife fight without being sliced, so you better be prepared with your defense game too.
>>
>>34718765
https://youtu.be/_EAwDADUwb0

There ya go fuckface.

Notice how the girly scratches only work after he got on top and out grappled the other guy, and that in their second engagement he stops the fight right as the other guy puts his arm in a kimura lock.

Not that it mattered because he already broke his shoulder on the throw.
>>
File: 1501306646718.jpg (68KB, 960x786px) Image search: [Google]
1501306646718.jpg
68KB, 960x786px
Sounds like a gay escapade!
You come out of teh shower
A man you have never met before is yelling at you
YOur unsure of your sexuality
You drop to your knees
All set to go full oral
When some how your manhood arrives and instead of your penis you use a phallic symbol "The knife" You plunge it into his stomach like it was a vagina, over and over, He mounts you...cums in a fantastic orgasm and passes out...You then call guys dress in uniforms to feel you up and talk to you after your sexcapade! You're GAY!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.