[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Security Jobs Training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: Security-Guard-East-Region.jpg (19KB, 308x400px) Image search: [Google]
Security-Guard-East-Region.jpg
19KB, 308x400px
As a 23y/o 5'9" 150lb DYEL with only a high school education is it possible to get a security job?

What kind of job would it be? Would I be allowed to carry?
>>
>>34716447
Get the licensing and start putting out, and you'll be fine. You need to be 21 to qualify for some licenses, if I recall right, seeing as those positions'll issue you a sidearm or allow you to use your own.
>>
>>34716447
i have a part time job doing bounty hunter work. its better then wearing a cheap uniform that dont fit and not making any money. i get to chase people and cuff them up before taking them to jail.
>>
>>34716447
Use the catalog next time because there's already a security thread AND
>>34716511
Your threads fucked right out of the gate
>>
>>34716511
Do not reply to this one.
>>
>>34716568
i wont i dont reply to myself.
>>
Yes. You're exactly me when I got my job. Having above room temp IQ and slightly more implulse control than a nigger means you're over qualified. You'll have no problem getting hired. Prepare to hate your life. Embrace alcoholism now. Don't bother with pot, you get drug tested randomly. Showing up hung over (maybe still drunk) with 4 hours of sleep is OK tho.
>>
>>34716597
Also, depending on the job and licensing you'll at most get a pistol. Most companies prohibit batons or tasers of any kind. The ones that don't will issue them to you and give you the "proper training" (read: 6 hour class in the back room of a sports bar that's been rented out by a local cop who moon lights as an instructor). Generally if you're armed then it's gun only. You'll probably have to bring your own.

Good news is you can buy a flashlight and first aid kit to wear on your belt if you want!
>>
File: 20170731_162638-2988x5312.jpg (3MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20170731_162638-2988x5312.jpg
3MB, 2988x5312px
Here's proof I'm not lying. Seriously, avoid security jobs. You'll literally want to kill yourself.
>>
>>34716597
>>34716633
This.
Worked for G4S for about a year waiting on my LE applications proccesses. Its super fucking easy and most of your supervisors / other officers are useleas shitbags. Literally showing up on time and not calling out of work once a week is enough to make you a standout A+ employee.

Do not stay in it for long, but its a great way to meet some new connections if you don't have any or to pay bills until you find something better.
>>
>>34716718
Nice flip flops
>>
>>34716718
It's not that bad man, I've been doing it for 3 years while I get my BA and I like it. I get to be by myself most of the time, work at night, get to yell at people occasionally. It's literally getting paid to do nothing. There's even one site I work at that literally has nothing going on (the owner is paranoid) and is so far out in the boonies my supervisor never checks on it, so I set my laptop next to the camera monitor and just play games all night. It's pretty awesome.
>>
>>34716718
Depends on the company. I workers for Pinkerton for a while; they were pretty decent.
>>
>>34716718
This. I did that shitty job for a year and pretty much had a mental breakdown. It was the worst period of my entire life and I'd honestly rather be homeless than do that job again.
>>
>>34716799
That's nice, I worked with a guy who had mapped his route out down the mile, then drove that distance on I-5 to rack up the mileage on the odometer so it looked like he'd done his patrols. Then he would go to Dutch Bros and mooch their free WiFi and watch Netflix. Dude was a bro.

Some jobs are nice and easy like that. Hell my first position at Garda I was running a vault and worked ~6 hours a day but got paid for a 40 hour week no matter what.

Then there's the hell hole I'm working at now that's so bad I've legitimately considered killing myself while at work just to make it end. Best part is I can't go back to school without a fuck ton of loans, but I make so little that I can't save anything either. I work 10-12 hours a day so no time or energy for anything but maintaining my current situation.

So tl;dr is that some security jobs are nice like that, but from personal experience (my own and the guys I've worked with who have done more) it's a soul crushing job that will slowly drain your will to live.

>>34719296
This guy is more typical in my experience.
>>
>what you should work in security
Nice calm, apartment building guards in good parts of town or even front desk at a corporate office - sometimes guarding empty construction sites overnight is pretty nice

>what security you should never work
Cash services, retail security, event security, bouncing, or pretty much anything similar
>>
File: 20170730_114317.jpg (2MB, 1567x2335px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_114317.jpg
2MB, 1567x2335px
>>34716447
24y/o 5'8 186 almost ex-fatty here
Im an armed security officer. Just do their basic as shit fitness and marksmanship tests and driving test and you are golden
>>
>>34719296
>>34719338
Location, and what was/is so horrible? Thanks.

>t.looking for work loser
>>
>>34716718
I'm really great at drinking and better than most at on demand shooting drills, seems like a great hold me over job until I can do the LE ---> Conservation Officer path
>>
>>34716718
>>34716741
What's so bad about it? I'm thinking of doing it part-time as a second job.
>>
>>34719441
>>34719651
It's mostly just terribly boring. I know that doesn't sound bad, but you just don't understand until you sit in your car in an empty parking lot for 10 hours every day for a week. I could see it being ok part time if you were also going to school or something, but if it's the only thing you've got going on in your life, it'll drive you bonkers.

My theory is that humans need to see some kind of results from the labor they do to fulfill some sort of psychological need. This is why people who do menial, never ending tasks like office workers tend to be miserable. People who create things, people who work trades and can see what their labor has accomplished tend to be much more fulfilled.
>>
>>34716718
It just wouldn't be a /k/ timestamp without some feet sneaking their way into the shot.
>>
I tried it once, when my mom told me of a job opening for a company that her friend's son was working at. It was event security for San Diego Comic Con. The interview was *too* easy. I brought a resume but the interviewer didn't care. No references check, no background check. Just like a dozen or so generic questions and that was it. The job was terribly boring. My job was to stand, not sit mind you but stand, at one doorway for 10 hours making sure people coming in had employee badges. It was mind numbingly boring. It's like getting paid to watch paint dry.
>>
>>34716447
20 y/o 5'8" 150lb, HS diploma working on Associate's.
So, yes - from my experience, pass a piss test, have a driver's license and you're golden.

What it's like really depends on the site. As a hospital guard, it depends: painfully boring or never-ending work.

Carry also depends on site. Every other guard but me is certified for armed, but our site only allows a collapsible baton.
>>
>>34716718
>>34719296
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>34719739
>People who create things, people who work trades and can see what their labor has accomplished tend to be much more fulfilled.

I don't think this is what you think it is - trades jobs pay a lot for what they do. It's a lot of work, but you earn more money for it. You feel fulfilled because you are usually able to purchase all the goods and services you reasonably want working trades. Your job is tough but because of it you are fine everywhere else in life.

Security can be soul crushing because you don't earn a lot. It can be an extremely boring job, or it can be literal slavery, and you don't get compensated much for it. If you are good at your job, you will accelerate and move forward into better security roles that pay more. It's like any other industry - there ARE ladders to climb.

The one thing about Security, if you are sitting in your car in an empty parking lot all night - you need to leverage this. You can either accept that your job is meaningless and use it to your advantage, posting on 4chan, reading about philosophy on Wikipedia... Or you can use it to further your career, by looking at job postings, taking online courses to get a certification, maybe starting a small business and dealing with a lot of the small shit while at work.

All of these ways are good ways to leverage being a security guard. Let the idiots work events and cash trucks
>>
>>34720130
It's that you are there, literally, so people can't steal shit - and there is enough cash to justify shooting you in the head.

If you were a security guard overnight at Wal-Mart nobody is breaking in and even if they did they aren't going to shoot you, you know? A cash truck with potentially millions of dollars? Yeah you are fucked
>>
>>34716447
I'm a security officer at a hospital and they don't allow me to carry even though I have my license.
>tfw I make $15 an hour and sit in an office for 8 hours a night
>tfw local cops in my area start off at $13 putting their life at risk
>>
File: 1484279396116.jpg (101KB, 581x700px) Image search: [Google]
1484279396116.jpg
101KB, 581x700px
Honestly maybe I'm a chickenshit but getting paid to have a gun on your belt and sit in a cozy office sounds right up my alley.

Do they really not care about your build, muscle strength, etc? Have any of you had actual confrontations (not a coward AND a chickenshit, just curious).
>>
>>34719338
Don't wallow, you're not stuck. Get a new job.
>I cant!
>I got bills man!
>I can't go to school!
Bull fucking shit, you're wallowing in your own shit right now. Is it hard? Yeah, it is. Will it suck? Yeah for a while it will. Fucks sake, go get a fucking welding cert and go weld some shit for a while.

I've been in some legit hell holes, and it is not that fucking bad. You're spiralling down into that pit because you think you have no options, but
>muh student loan debt
Is not a reason to stay at a shitty job that's making you suicidal. Get the fucking loans, go to fucking school, and quit going around pissing and moaning about how shitty your life is.
>>34720878
No, they just want a body in a slot. We have everything from skellingtons to land whales to old fucks to brolly ass dudes working for us.
>>
I worked for G4S for a few months
I was unarmed security at an office building, job was mainly to check IDs as people came in through the front entrance. Problem was the office entrance wasn't the building entrance so I had no windows, TV, monitors, or computer, wasn't supposed to read or be on my phone. Just sat there at a desk in a foyer that was nothing but white walls for 10h shifts.

But the people that worked at the office were pretty chill so after the night shift came in I would break out my Kindle

And that's the story of how I read the entire Wheel of Time series in a month and a half
>>
>>34716447

Don't know about the laws up there. Our reaction jobs have Shit pay and the law is against you. Fucking 12 hour shifts 7 then days 3 off. I wish I was working on the Cash ATM unit patrolling rural areas. They get to carry a rifle, shotgun, and a pistol.
>>
>>34720293
>cops start at 13/hr
This is laughably untrue anywhere in the country.
>>
Security guard here, 3yr experience

You want to have gunfighter experience before trying the security industry. Your experience with a company varies widely even down to your immediate boss and your coworkers, and where you are put.
Here's your general expectation as, say, a surburbian applying to a city based company (branch) that contracts to different clients, that accepts anyone who can pass training (!)
>varying hours depending on job site, can be a wide range of duties including nothing but desk work
>varying shift experiences - just you, or multiple coworkers
>your supervisor is the one who makes schedules. They may be set or completely random. When you get them depends on the competancy of the supervisor
>your schedule if it's a 24 duty site will probably vary every single week since multiple guards will have multiple things going on in their lives
>your interaction with the public will vary
>you may be assigned to a proactive post where you simply deter intruders. Here you may be assigned certain equipment, as is shown in OP post picture
>though it slightly varies by company, client and state laws, generally guards are not allowed to make arrests except for witnessed felonies and to protect life

>certain guard jobs include pseudo-federal positions. Private military is a large member of this type
>these jobs are literally just that, private armed guards who experience the use of weaponry like guns more often
Privatemilitary.org is your go-to site. Do not expect to be hired without some overseas combat or medical or transport experience
>some companies will employ these positions similarly.
One job I've seen requires applicants to have 3 years of military/police infantry type experience, and expects guards who get hired to guard a specific area with rifles, NVG, and a lot of nonlethal tools
1/2
>>
>>34722418
2/2

Those are what you would want. Optionally, private bodyguarding is another field. It's got go-getters. You can take courses for this, but generally you would want experience in proactive guard duty and have different certifications. Pay for high profile execs, and celebrities, ranges from $40k/yr to $110,000+
Your general career ladder is
>basic bitch guard -> site supervisor -> branch manager / special security officer -> SSO guarding high priority sites -> guarding things like nuclear plants and similar areas -> private military

If you stay a basic bitch guard expect a shitty experience with low pay. Your pay will rise with general work hazards, but your experience will decline. Think Baltimore mall cop.

Tl; Dr your results will vary, go serve enlisted infantry then apply to private military or visit shooterjobs for that sweet private sniper dream job. Don't fucking die.
>>
>>34721767
Nope, hometown is a tourist town with only shitty part time retail employment that pays half of what I make now. Next town over just closed down the factory 2 years ago and it's now dying. Moving isn't an option.
>>
>>34719225
>Pinkerton
....did they ever talk about their history?....

....like all the murders?......
>>
>>34722452
Pinkerton was absorbed into Securitas Security Services a while back. It's their specialized field now.
>>
>>34722055
That series is way too ducking long. I do like when faile and co get made gaishan, kinda hot.

I work for g4s right now guarding anew empty hospital, I will be applying with the hospital security after 6 months. Some old friends work for them, they start at 17 plus a 10 percent differential for night shift. They're armed and look like cops.

The key with security is networking. And yes, kiss as at the main office. It's politics that can get you a cushy site with good pay. I mostly read or play my snes emulator.
>>
literally anyone without a felony conviction can be armed security for places like securitas.

I work for a place that does training for secuirty officers and its all stupid black people. a lot of black women who would bail the second anything actually happens. they are in it because its the only job that pays you $13.00 with full time hours where you can sit on your phone and do nothing all day.

i think very lowly of security guards now. its a joke of a job and scares the shit out of me that these people take a 6 hour class and think it turns them into some sort of professional with a licence to kill
>>
>>34716447
goto a training course. super easy. you are a literal idiot if you don't pass.
the courses are cheap as hell and you can get a license like that. i'm currently waiting on mine to arrive in the mail in florida
>>
>>34716479
you need a class G lcense for armed
>>
I have a friend who is 5' 8" and weighs over 250lbs who worked as corporate security for 3 years, so I'm sure you'll be fine. He got shitcanned for patrolling too quick so he could sit down on the couches.
>>
>>34722526
I work to weed out niggers at whatever jobsite I'm at. It's not too hard. They'll sleep or do something dumb on the job. A lot call off. They don't last long.
>>
File: 1454122466215s.jpg (10KB, 209x249px) Image search: [Google]
1454122466215s.jpg
10KB, 209x249px
>>34716447

Join the Armed Forces and start contracting. I'm stationed in Destin guarding some shit. Easy money, easy life. Deal with the suck for 6 years and get that easy check.
>>
>>34722562
maybe you work in an area that has the luxury of not constantly needing new security guards. I live in a densely populated city and ive talked to security recruiters. their back is against the wall. their contracts are through the roof the last few years and are in a constant shortage of armed guards. they will literally take anyone who doesnt kill themselves or someone else during the "training class"
>>
>>34722587
We do but we weed out niggers because they're bad for business. But being a cpo for g4s means everyone is ex military or law enforcement.

We occasionally get a regular officer who sucks. We work to remove them fast. Being were in a major city we have the luxury of removing people.
>>
>>34722615
does your job make you feel important?
>>
>>34722137
poor suburbs of major cities.

there are at least 6 departments i can think of near my city right now that start at $12 an hour.
>>
>>34722768
Source it.
>>
>>34722630
No but then again I don't put a bunch of retarded worth in what I do for a living to fund the things I enjoy doing.

I just like getting niggers fired and helping them burn another bridge. Basically I do it more out of making my job easier than anything else.

You ready to graduate high school, kid? I know summer is almost over and all.
>>
>>34722768
Is this in Mexico or something? Here in Austin cops start off like 45 to 55k a year.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.