[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /k/ think kf Talon Grips? Considering purchase because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

Why does /k/ think kf Talon Grips?

Considering purchase because it looks like it could combat my disgusting hand sweat.
>>
Bought some for my g19, i like them
>>
Absolutely fantastic and a must. Don't buy the knock offs, the adhesive is Shit.

I've had the same Talon Grips on my Flock 30S from back when the cop who started the business was selling them for $5 a pop.

It's the first thing I get for any gun. Get the rubber ones, btw.
>>
>>34712426

Stippling works better, but this is an alternative that isn't complete shit.
>>
That's skateboard tape you dingus. Looks like someone cut some up and is selling it to suckers as MUH TALON GRIPS! Be sure to pick up some FireClean brand Crisco on your way out.
>>
>>34712426
I have some of the rubberized ones coming in today for the PPQ, thought the skate tape ones might be too harsh for carry. So we'll see.
>>
Sweet deal. I bought some already but recently put on a medium backstrap and the size I bought is for the main grip.

Should I send them back and exchange or just cut them so they fit? Doesn't seem like the size is /that/ different.
>>
File: 20170712_235224.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170712_235224.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>34712426

Got them for my 34 for same reason, state I'm in is humid as fuck. It hurts the aesthetics and all the noguns and casual shooters I know don't like it but it does its job extremely well and will not slip.

The initial, maybe painful roughness, you either get used to or wears down to just being very grippy after several thousand rounds I can't tell which happened. I feel like it helped with recoil control a lot. It's worth the money for your purpose.
>>
File: XDMod2SubCompact45ACP.jpg (2MB, 2322x1692px) Image search: [Google]
XDMod2SubCompact45ACP.jpg
2MB, 2322x1692px
>>34712426
I take sanitizer and a towel to the range.
Hickok LOVES Talon grips, we know, but anti-skid stair stickers look like ass on a gun IMHO.
That being said, I'm guilty of loving my Grip Zone, no hand drying sanitizer required.
>>
>>34712446
This. That's exactly what I thought when I saw it too. Just a cutout of skateboard grip tape and some gorilla glue or loctite
>>
>>34712554
G R I P Z O N E
R
I
P
Z
O
N
E
>>
>>34712566
If a marketing or registered trademark ever becomes the deciding factor in my method of self defense, I'll be sure to carve an E and turn it into GRIPEZONE on your behalf, Anon
>>
It's the next best thing when compared to professional stippling. Go for it.
>>
File: 1486519580929.png (1MB, 1000x598px) Image search: [Google]
1486519580929.png
1MB, 1000x598px
>>34712426
>Why does /k/ think kf Talon Grips?

They're a pretty good alternative to stipping if you do aren't willing to put the comittment of permanently altering your frame.

They will begin to slip off eventually and when they do, you should replace them. This is why stippling is better as it is more of a permanent solution. If you do go with stippling, in my opinion it is better to do it yourself to save time and money, money that can be spent on ammo.

Earlier today, finally got some talon tape on this part of my G19 since my support thumb starts coming off later into my shooting sessions. You can also put reference tape underneath the trigger guard as well with combining the rubber texture with the skateboard texture if you are actually carrying the gun.
>>
File: IMG_2325.jpg (293KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2325.jpg
293KB, 1280x960px
Talon also makes sheets you can cut, I bought some for the RAMI because there isn't much purchase for your thumb. Doesn't work well with the holsters I have though.
>>
>>34712426
buy the same nonslip/ grip asphalt paper stickers you put on porch stairs from home depot. Go on the internet, find a patter you like, or practice a few times on a dummy of your gun. Boom. GRIPZONE.
>>
>>34712554
>>34713780
Riiight because asphalt works great in a holster or pocket.
Just like asphalt water run off doesn't make your chicken eggs taste like WD-40. Ain't that so, Dr. Matt?
>>
File: 1501109207783.jpg (64KB, 675x675px) Image search: [Google]
1501109207783.jpg
64KB, 675x675px
>>34712426
I got the RTF2 frame so I don't need them
>>
>>34712426
I've used them on various guns and the rubber ones feel incredible in your hand. However, I don't believe that the gen 4 Glocks need them.
>>
>>34712434
this. I've got my Springfield XD-s 40 with all its mags and mag extenders coated in the rubber, it's fucking phenomenal. Years of regular use and no issues whatsoever.
>>
>>34713758
where does one find these strips? I'm having the same issue with my XD-S
>>
>>34716550
Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FLQO5DU/
I probably should have gone with the rubber in hindsight — my thumb still moves a bit and it's basically like rubbing sandpaper against your finger.
>>
>>34716577
yeah I decked my XD-S out in rubber for that very reason. Thanks much for the link gripbro
>>
>>34716577
>my thumb still moves a bit and it's basically like rubbing sandpaper against your finger.

You can always make it less abrasive by sanding it down with sandpaper.
>>
>>34712426
Copfag/glockfag here, I have the rubberized ones on my duty G17 and absolutely love them. Some people like the sandpaper ones but I prefer the rubberized grips. Definitely worth the $18
>>
>>34719334
What agency do you work for? Just curious.
>>
I like the rubber one for my carry gun and the graphite one for everything else. Just be warned that the graphite ones can leave residue in your holster, which may increase wear on your slide if you don't clean it out. I've had the same one of my carry gun for a year now and the adhesive is still going strong.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.