[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ Executes a Bad Company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0200.jpg (82KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0200.jpg
82KB, 750x600px
>All gun sales can now be swayed by the online general meme consensus of the firearm community
>Guys do fairly rigorous testing and autism but the finesse can be meme'd into popularity
>/k/ can start the memes if /k/ uses truth
Our memes could literally put a bad company out of business

I vote Ruger because fuck mini-jamteens
>>
>>34711763
Ruger keeps stiff revolver competition with smiff. We would miss them if they were gone.

Century on the other hand, I can agree with. Let people like jra get the surplus, charge a little more and do it right rather than wasting the kits.
>>
>>34711763
Ruger is an excellent company, all things considered.

Century can DIAF though.
>>
File: 1487941260555.png (55KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
1487941260555.png
55KB, 300x301px
>>34711763
>Our memes could literally put a bad company out of business

Companies that /k/ "hates" like Century, CTD, IO and you're a fucking idiot for hating on Ruger.

>irrational HK hate because /k/ doesn't fact check
>irrational Springfield hate because /k/ doesn't fact check
>being this much of an idiot for thinking this shithole has any sort of influence or relevancy in the firearms industry
>>
>>34712032
This. Target Taurus or some shit, not a respected brand just because they have one faulty product. Also /k/ is half noguns anyways, so I doubt we could accomplish anything significant in the market.
>>
>>34712032
>>irrational HK hate because /k/ doesn't fact check
Wasn't that one because HK started hating on them first?
>>
Fuck off. Ruger is great
>>
>>34712032
Double this

>>34714685
No
HK stood up for your rights when Smith & Wesson and Ruger we're helping Feinstein in taking them away. Only now, Ruger is changed completely but Smith and Wesson has not.

I nominate Smith & Wesson, OP
>>
Springfield Armory fucks their customers and their state by sponsoring Antigun legislation fuck them. Do you want bad PR? That's how you get bad PR.
>>
>>34711989
I'm still rustled over Rugers contribution to the AWB. I get it, the company is different than it was before, but whatever. Better a late message than no message at all.
>>
>>34714685
Sure HK hates noguns faggots like anyone else
Reminder that they tried nearly alone to fight the AWB
The would import everything they could if Germany and America let them
>>
I vote for Hi-Point.
>>
>>34712032
>Spot the Springfield and Rat River Armory shill
>>
>>34714883
They got the message, hence them not being shit anymore.
>>
If we wanna make sure this is even possible, let's go for the low hanging fruit.
That being IO. Patently, proven unsafe, plenty of documentation, most people already dislike them. Cheapest AK on the market at this time.
>>
>>34714883
To be fair, bill ruger didn't want to do what he did but during the storm of antigun legislation he and several others thought appeasement was the only way to hold on to what little they had left, same with S&W.
Not saying it was the right thing to do at the time but the man had his reasons
>>
>>34714685
>Wasn't that one because HK started hating on them first?

This is 100% false. The "we suck and we hate you" thing is a light hearted joke. HK is one of the few companies if not the only one that actually stuck out for civilians during the AWB.

The real reason they cannot bring in more weapons is because of the complications thanks to the German government's export laws and the United State's import laws. But they get the shit end of the stick because their guns are relatively expensive so they're automatically viewed as elitist snobs.

Fucking seriously, it's 2017 and this information is OUT THERE.
>>
>no mention of Colt
If any gun company deserves to die, it's them.
>>
>>34714898
Bruh. Hi Point is fucking based.
>>
File: remshit.jpg (9KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
remshit.jpg
9KB, 299x168px
18 posts in and nobody mentions Freedom Group yet. They've ruined the reputation of many brands and are only kept alive by clueless nogunz and Fudds who won't admit Remington is now trash.
>>
>>34714898
Hi point. Provides an ugly but good product for cheap. Warranty pretty much anything damage wise. PCC's are actually rather good. While I would never own another one, they are good first guns for broke no funz who want to get a first weapon.
>>
>>34714883
This isn't 1994 retard.
>>
>>34714883
I bet you don't give a shit about RIA or Springfield though
>>
Fuck Ruger, but fuck Century Arms more. I say we start with them
>>
>>34711763
What? Fuck you, Ruger is a great company. I've never had a single problem with any of their guns or QC nor have any of my friends, family or co-workers.
>>
File: IMG_0191.jpg (66KB, 703x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0191.jpg
66KB, 703x675px
>>34711763
>sell horribly made hodgepodge AKs and then have the gall to make the ones with all US parts even worse for more money
>shill a line of pistols made by roaches
>shill so fucking hard they buy out allmost every YouTube reviewer to say decent things
>are somehow good enough in the blowjobs department to get buck Yeager to switch to their guns for endorsement then lie about how many rounds they've but through the rifles they got
>their only decent rifle (wast) has the worst QC out of all of them because they're too busy paying off their CEO and pumping money into other horrible shit for double what it's actually worth

If it's not century it's no one
>>
File: GetFucked,Commie.jpg (161KB, 523x720px) Image search: [Google]
GetFucked,Commie.jpg
161KB, 523x720px
Fuck colt
Fuck s&w
Fuck ruger
Fuck century
Fuck springfield
Fuck all over-priced garbage machined by non-whites and companies who collaborate/appease gun-grabbers
>>
File: 20170608_215816.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170608_215816.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>34717744
Put $200 in getting the receiver straightened out on an early CETME, worth every penny after my smith re-welded the trunnion for me. $800 in total and several years later I like my CETME more than the new C308s.
I like my Canik for the record too. 100 yard pistol with the right +P+ load.
But I've grown a strong hatred for Century and most other firearms companies in the last 5 years.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
I just found out Century started making Dracos in the US. God. Dammit.
>>
Any US-based company that services the military exclusively or near-exclusively and/or has been caught out as an enemy of RTKBA - which is to say, all of the oldest and biggest ones.
>>
What makes Century so bad is that their choices of gun models to sell is so /k/ool, it's extra disappointing that their quality control is so terrible.
>>
>>34717480
>RIA

It's rock river arsenal who are the traitors.
RIA is just a bunch of filips filing out 1911s
>>
>>34718360
This. I'd love a cheap AK or Galil or Cetme, or FAL. I really really would, but Century seems to cut way to many corners and not give a fuck about quality.
>>
>>34717466
He probably wasn't even born yet in 1994 man, give him a break
>>
>>34711832
>Ruger keeps stiff revolver competition with smiff. We would miss them if they were gone.

Lol no.
>>
File: tumblr_m78747T3Yk1r4d22do1_400.gif (682KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m78747T3Yk1r4d22do1_400.gif
682KB, 320x240px
>>34715038
Dis.
>>
>>34718163
>Picked up my CETME at Cabela/Fuddas for $450
>15% off for used firearm sale
>Walked out with early non-fucked CETME for $390 shekels
>Only needed some oversized rollers
>Not grinded
>St. Albans
Love that rifle to death.
>>
>>34718507
>this
So many noguns and pundits who don't even know who the company is they hate. In every thread I have seen that is either focused on or mentions the IL bullshit half the posts say RIA when it should be RRA.
>>
>>34712032
>>34714899

Century is more than excusable and their warranty is good enough.
CTD is a documented price gouger and panic anticipator, They won't make it to 2020 anyway.
IO has had decent designs

Who literally gives a shit about HK's elitism

Springfield instantly outs you as a shill.
Springfield is in fact worse in every way possible to Century. Springfield does not make a single gun in the US, imports all guns and passes their brand off as THE Springfield of old, the government armory that was closed in the 60's.
And they flat the fuck out sold out your rights
Not 25 years ago
or 15 years ago
but yesterday, in 2017
>>
>>34714898
Any company that offers money themed hydrodip & makes a solid carbine (IMOYMMV) deserves money
>>owns a hi point t shirt
>>Only wears it when shooting a <$1000 rifle
>>
>>34717744
>>34717744
Century pisses people off alot, but without them a metric fuckton of guns including Imbel FALS, K31's, anything Yugo, most parts kits, and almost every imported surplus pistol on the market.

I've seen century import marks on Enfields, on Mosins, on P-38's, on SVT-40's, on basically any combloc weapon coming in as a parts kit/kit gun after the fall of the wall.

For all it's downsides Century has made more guns american/922r compliant than any other manufacturer, and has put more guns in the hands of americans than any other importer.

Century has more redeeming qualities as an importer and manufacturer than any shit tier "American" gun company that happily sells us under the bus when it's politically or economically expedient.

I'd sooner buy a Century product than any big name US brand

And doubly fuck Springfield - it's the first time a pure importer, a non-manufacturer, has fucked us like this.

The monkeys at Century have better ethics than everyone else
>>
>>34720854

I'm with this anon. Tons of century has gone through my hands that would otherwise never been imported.
>>
>>34711832
Fuck you, Springfield, Colt, RRA need to go first.

Century actually imports a ton of weapons into the US.
Tip about century - don't buy their kit build guns and you'll be fine
>>
>>34714865
Smith and Wesson is a corporation.
Smith and Wesson's majority shares and thus ownership was held by a British conglomerate at that time. They ran it into the ground with their BS and it took S&W 15+ years to recover.
Ownership changed hands in the late 90's.

Ruger has been public since 69', but operational control and majority share was held by Bill Ruger and the Sturm family.
The board bought Rugers controlling shares from the Ruger family.

Springfield is not a corporation.
It is a private company. The same people who pulled their hijinx will still be in control if we forgive and forget and buy their cheap imported shit that's worse in every way to EAA and Century full-built imports.

To be fair about HK, they've done great for the US gun community actually, they tried their darndest and lost. If we really want to judge them we need to take a closer look at what they are doing for shooting sports in Germany
>>
>>34714883
Ruger is a corporation, and the Ruger family has been divested of most of it's shares

>>34714941
S&W was a corporation run by a British megaconglomerate easily bought out by political hacks

Ruger was a corporation with a mouthbreathing idiot at the helm and his legacy nearly destroyed the company he and Sturm created. The Sturm family and the board were rightfully pissed after the blowback and bought most of the shares from the Ruger family on firesale when the stock was worth garbage
>>
>>34714980
Colt and KAC are fucking parasites
>>
>>34720854
Another point to add is the vast majority of the C&R imports into the country are done by Century.

If Century went under or was dismantled by the US government the C&R community dies overnight
>>
>>34714932
This would literally be a public service.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.