[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conceal Carry first timer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

Alright /k/ so I'm thinking of buying pic related for my first conceal carry. Any Problems with this choice or suggestions from you guys?
>>
It's not 10mm
>>
>>34710873

I have a sig 232 which has the same dimensions. It feels great to hold and shoots great. I like it more than my glock 42, the sights barely leave the target.
>>
>>34710930
How much did you pay for it? Truth be told price is the one of the biggest parts of why I'm thinking of the Bersa.
>>
>>34710945
You're looking at spending what, $300? You would be better served looking at M&P Shields or the rebated Walther PPS M2
>>
>>34710945

500 or 600. It was very lightly used, probably not more than 100 rounds.
>>
>>34710873
Bumping for interest. Also considering one. I know of a local and long time instructor who has been using one for years and loves it.
>>
>>34710959

It's $310.49, is that a good deal?
>>
>>34710979
That's about the going price. God gun, my student owns one and I just sold one to a buddy of mine
>>
>>34710979
Thats standard. A lot of people like their Bersas a lot, as they have a reputation for functioning reliably, but just imo you can do better with $300 for something to put your life on.
>>
>>34710959
Yeah around 300ish bucks.
>>34710975
That's a tad more than I'm looking to spend, unfortunately
>>
>>34711001
OP here. So the Shield or PPS M2 are your recommendation?
>>
File: VP70-647x384.gif (71KB, 647x384px) Image search: [Google]
VP70-647x384.gif
71KB, 647x384px
OP again. Would the VP70 be small enough to be used for conceal carry? if so i may just save up and purchase one for this purpose.
>>
>>34711005
Yes, they are more modern, lighter, a little smaller and a good deal thinner, with a similar capacity and firing a more potent round. Striker fired guns are more beginner friendly than da/sa in terms of training, and in modern thinking manual safeties are not considered by most to be good for carry.

I personally dont care much for S&W and Im a huge believer in Walther, but thats bias on my part. Walther has a $100 rebate running on the PPS M2 right now.
>>
File: IMG_2467.jpg (102KB, 938x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2467.jpg
102KB, 938x720px
Just bought a Sccy arms CPX-2 for my mom. I think it would be a good CC gun, I carry a full size 1911 because Im a big boy.
>>
>>34711041

no, it's bigger than a beretta 92.

i do think you can do it if you're big enough, since my dad carried a vp70m, but it probably isn't confortable.
>>
>>34710873
You could get a Makarov for roughly the same amount

Marginally better cartridge, but a vastly superior gun
>>
>>34710873

the bersa thunder is a great gun, in a great caliber, great size and great price.

there's nothing not to love about it.
>>
>>34710873
funstore employee here, there is no gun I'm more willing to shill for than a Bersa. Great guns that could be asking $100+ more than the msrp for how well they perform, and DA/SA with decocker is the best action.
>>
>>34711094
they seem like a good deal and supposedly have addressed prior quality issues.

what else did you look at?
>>
>>34710873
The magazine disconnect is a huge turn off for me. Just be aware of that, anon.
>>
>>34710873
I'm looking at getting the double stack version of that, because 15+1 in basically the sized gun. The Thunder 380 Plus is barely any thicker than the normal one.
>>
>>34712760
I have a thunder plus. It's awesome. Full size grips on a compact frame. Decent capacity. It's just like a Makarov but better machining and more safety features. The only thing I don't like about it is "lol, .380". It's a great budget gun.
>>
File: IMG_2433.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2433.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>34710873
I carry one. 8+1 .380 gives me a sense of security
>>
>>34711211
At $170 I doubt he'd be looking very much further.
>>
>>34710873
>Any Problems

it's a piece of crap

only taurus & bersa have to put the word "reliable" in their print advertising for good reason because after many people buy them they realize what a piece of shit it is

seriously buy 3 bersas and after 500rds maybe 1 will still work well, use that one

otherwise get a ruger lcp2 lc9s sr9c etc
>>
>>34713406
But you're wrong. Thunders are considered extremely relible. Quit memeing when someone asks for advice
>>
>>34713437
>Thunders are considered extremely relible

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>34713522
He's right though. It's almost as if you don't have access to YouTube
>>
>>34713522
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LU0rRrT8VHw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=trlURNYssik

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yHSIUw_zxf0
>>
>>34710873
Bersa seems to do a good job, never really heard of any recurrent problems in their lines
>>
>>34713657
bersa is garbage. If you want to trust your life to a gun that can't fire off a full magazine without a catastrophic failure, then that's your decision.
>>
>>34713671
t. Noguns
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.