[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1903a3 Bedding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170730_215146.jpg (1MB, 3036x3032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170730_215146.jpg
1MB, 3036x3032px
Any /k/omrades here knowledgeable on the topic of bedding 1903a3s? I believe I have it bedded correctly now, but I was a bit careless and sanded a but too much off the inside of the stock where it meets the outer left wall of the receiver. Would this cause any issues other than being an eye sore and triggering my OCD?
Pic related
>>
File: IMG_20170730_215206.jpg (873KB, 2239x2241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170730_215206.jpg
873KB, 2239x2241px
Another angle
>>
>>34710617
good work bubba, you fucked it up
>>
>>34710625
>>34710643
So nobody gets bent out of shape, this is a new manufactured stock.
>>
>sanding
>sanding the inletting
You're a dumb nigger and the fact that you have to ask about this means you're not capable of fixing it even in an unacceptable manner anyway. Truly kill yourself.
>>
>>34711037
>>34710625
Guess I should have expected these answers.
>>
Bumping in hopes of someone knowing something.

I also slid a piece of paper into the opening and it stopped at about half an inch. It doesn't go all the way down.
>>
>>34712959
Good job retard
>>
>>34710617
It'll cause no issues.

If you REALLY want, you can try steaming it to swell the stock. This wont work if you've refinished the stock after you sanded it.
>>
There are mini wood chisels you can use to shave off some wood as needed, down to .01 of an inch.
>>
I normally wrap my guns in nice silk sheets, throw some rose petals on the bed, maybe light a lavender candle or two, probably put on some Al Green to set the mood. Thats how I normally bed my rifles.
>>
>>34713128
Not so sure the steam trick will work since material was removed and not compressed but I might try it.
>>
>>34713201
I'll try this next time.
>>
>>34713244
If Al Green doesn't work, I have also had good luck with Michael Bolton, Barry White, and Seal.
>>
>>34712959
Get a acraglass bedding kit frim brownells and fix it. It'll make it fit tight as a 8 year old's butthole and it'll be more accurate too.
>>
>>34713367
I thought about this but I was considering entering in service rifle matches at some point and glass bedding isnt allowed.
>>
>>34710617

Dude, wrong board. Wrong website entirely. Don't listen to anyone here on actual, valuable, technical stuff.
>>
>>34713923
Why the fuck isn't it allowed? Something about "illegal modifications"?
>>
>>34714283
They want it "as issued."
>>
>>34714283
Because it's not 'period correct'. It's the same reason they ban multiple types of period correct optics. Like most of these competitions they have some dumb ass rules however, you can't use some documented optics on scoped rifles but completely wrong optics are allowed because folks whined loud enough.
This same shit plagues BPCR competitions, the rules are so specific that period rifles like the Martini-Henry, Snider, Gewehr 71, Werder, Berdan I/II, and Vetterli are banned because they have strikers or are bolt action. However modern actions based on limited production rifles like the Hepburn and Ballard are allowed and they dick stroke for the Sharps super hard. Hell an original 1878 Sharps-Borchardt isn't legal in BPCR but a brand new Uberti Sharps is ok.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.