[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ so I live on a pot farm (in a legal state try to leave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: 1478024344640.jpg (84KB, 458x997px) Image search: [Google]
1478024344640.jpg
84KB, 458x997px
Hey /k/ so I live on a pot farm (in a legal state try to leave any judgements aside) and we were recently robbed. They came in the middle of the night and took 6 plants. I've been wanting to buy a gun for a while but figure it's about time now. I really I want an AR but it'll be a while until I have enough money for the rifle I want. Until then I want to pick up a shotgun to at least be able to scare away any thieves or intruders. My grandpa has an old .20 gauge I can probably get for free but I feel like a 12 gauge would be better should I just go buy a Mossberg 500 for a few hundred bucks until I can afford my rifle? I would get a handgun but am only 20. Also would like any suggestions on securing the home and garden. Picked up a motion sensor alarm and floodlights today getting cameras shortly. Any other ideas /k/ommandos?
>>
If it's just for looks stick with the free 20. Especially if you're not experienced. 20 gauge will still kill a man just fine. Consider building your own AR15, it's easier than you think and much cheaper than buying a factory rifle
>>
I will guard your potfarm for free weed.
>>
>>34710263
I mean im hopeful simply being armed would deter them but at the same time I need to be prepared for them to be armed as well. I've been skeet shooting once but thats the only experience I have. We have lots of land and I could easily get some practice in as soon as I am armed. I'm very scrawny so I'm thinking 20 gauge might not be a bad idea but wouldn't mind learning to operate something with more recoil. And I wanted to build from scratch but can't purchase a lower receiver being under 21. Will probably get an Aero nearly complete and add hand guard grip and stock or just wait 1 year
>>
>>34710349

Not to sound to much like /k/ but you could always look for a cheap milsurp while you save for a real gun. Sks is cheap halfway decent clip and is intimidating if you have the bayonet.
>>
If you "partake" you're gonna have problems sourcing one. You won't be able to legally pass a 4473 if you're a user, so your only option is a private sale. In addition, if the feds ever feel like actually enforcing federal law and showing up at your weed farm, possession of said firearm will make the charges way worse.

t. Former pothead that quit to pass the 4473 and because it made me okay with my house being dirty.
>>
>>34710349
ARs dont have half the recoil a 20ga does you dumb stoner

Also if you can't afford to buy an AR right now maybe you should get a real job instead of getting bombed out on your crop and letting people steal your shit while you eat Doritos.

Degenerate.
>>
>>34712707

>smoke weed for years
>quit day before buying gun
>not a marijuana user on that day

presto
>>
>>34710229
If you want something really cheap that's still reliable, get a Maverick 88. They function well, and you can pick them up (more than likely) for around $200, give or take, depending on where you buy from. I think Wal-Mart sells them. If you have the money, though, I'd go with what
>>34712690
Said. An SKS is a good rifle with very manageable recoil, and you get much more range out of it should you actually need to fire it.
>>
>>34710229
Someone you know, or a friend of someone you know robbed you bud. Loose lips+dumb stoners=bad business. Clear house, put up game cameras etc, creative uses of UV dye is a great way to catch an in house thief, just sayin.
>>
>>34712798
Ergo if the insider learns they have a gun then the scales in the risk vs reward ratio get tipped. You're probably right though
>>
>>34712690
>halfway decent clip
>>
>>34710229
shotgun is going to be around $200

>>34712690
sks will be about $300

an ar15 will be $400 plus transfer
>>
>>34712707
>pretending like it's not physically possible to check "no" on the drug question.
>>
>>34712844
>legally pass
>>
So you're really prepared to defend your weed farm with deadly force?

So if some guy, who is no threat to me otherwise, comes to steal some of my watermelons, I should sniper shot him, too?

I'm all about using lethal force toward people who present even a relatively minor threat to personal safety. That includes if they're taking shit from my house, because it's within that personal safety zone. But shooting someone for nabbing some shit out of my field? How about some trail cameras and make a police report, or if it's worth that fucking much to you, do like serious businesses do and put a perimeter fence with razor wire and/or permiter alarms?

Man, if the hippies could see what a bummer partial legalization has created, they'd be bummed, dude. The only way to salvation is to make it legal for anyone to grow their own, and allow no one to grow commercially. Instead, you potheads have been trying to give the government a reach-around by using the "yeah, legalize it and tax it..." argument. Many states listened, and created a structure that still makes it illegal for the average person to own plants but "weed farms" that pay a bunch of tax are protected. Talk about your corporate greed mixed with government kickbacks, man...
>>
>>34712707
This, my friend is in Cali.. which would make this whole thing worse.. but his advice as well.. was never mix a gun with your weed business.. soon as you do that... the cops have to come down hard on you. Case and point - someone dropped a dime on him, and he didnt know that his property was zoned near a park or something else that made his weed business not in code.. they gave him 30 day to get rid of the plants - move 'em. Thats way cooler than instant 4 years + because now its a federal matter.
I'm just telling you what he said.. dowhateverthefukyouwanttodo.
Besides.. they got your plants.. no reason to come back for atleast 3 months?
>>
>>34712862
>So if some guy, who is no threat to me otherwise, comes to steal some of my watermelons, I should sniper shot him, too?
Yes, don't be a faggot
>>
>>34712862
>>34712866
these are thieves
>>
>>34710229
There is pending federal regulation that will deny the background check if the buyer has a medical pot card.
>>
File: 1495565624424.jpg (35KB, 720x611px) Image search: [Google]
1495565624424.jpg
35KB, 720x611px
>>34712897
>pot prescription gets your fun rights taken away
>alcoholism doesn't
Really gets the brain bugs chirping
>>
>>34712841
add $100 to everyone one of these prices for an ACTUAL price of a gun.
>>
>>34712897
At my store we legally cannot sell you anything firearms related if you show us a medical card.
>>
>>34712836

Compared to an AR I'd consider the sks halfway decent
>>
>>34712971
Hey man, that depends on the sks
>>
>>34712971
No, just for the SKS
>>
>>34712971
https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-9512-sas12-12ga-semi-auto-detachable-magazine-fed-shotgun.aspx
these are junk, but cheap
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/mossberg-maverick-88-12-gauge-all-purpose-pump-action-shotgun

dsa just sold out of their $300 skses but that's what you can get a norinco for if you look around most places.

https://wisearms.com/products/wise-arms-16-inch-5-56-w-13-5-inch-keymod?utm_source=Wise+Arms+SALE
>>
>>34712988
>legally cannot sell

It is within your rights to deny ANYBODY the purchase of AN?YTHING unless it is based on race, religion, orientation, or gender. There is NO legal obligation to deny the sale of anything unless you have reasonable suspicion that the buyer is CURRENLY under the influence of a drug or alcohol.

That's the skinny on medical cards and firearms.Unless your state has something different on the books, and I haven't heard of it so far... enlighten?
>>
>>34713030
>Hey man, that depends on the sks

$300 for an SKS in the United States? post proofs... 400-500 is normal asking everywhere I've looked. (meaning I still dont own an SKS)
>>
>>34713101
That's so sad too. SKS used to be bargain bin rifles. $150 OTD.

Now it's like a collectable.
>>
>>34713101
zipcode?
>>
>>34712875
Can't shoot them to protect propeety.
>>
>>34713145
my life was in danger
>>
>>34710229
Set up tripwires strapped to some explosives like my pappy used to do innawoods of Pennsylvania.
>>
Don't get a gun, get a dog. None of the states that have "legal" weed allow the defense of using lethal force to defend your property. I can %110 guarantee you will be prosecuted and go to jail. Go to the pound and get one or two dogs and leave them outside at night.
>>
>>34713101

Where do you live? I found one recently for $275 with the bayonet, sling, and a few clips. Didn't do it because I thought it was too much.
>>
File: 1487785944030.jpg (376KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1487785944030.jpg
376KB, 2304x1728px
>>34712862
>So if some guy, who is no threat to me otherwise, comes to steal some of my watermelons, I should sniper shot him, too?

You must be new here.
>>
>>34712910

marijuana is the devil, goy. Here, take these (((pharmaceuticals))) and smoke Marlboros(TM) and BudLite(TM) instead.
>>
>>34712844
>lying on a 4473
>>
File: 1396295915721.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1396295915721.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>34713452

>implying the ATF-Gestapo is going administer a bloodtest after the background check goes through
>>
>>34713145
You can shoot if you feel like it. Threatened, that is. What a feeling.

Also you don't need to prove it with any hard evidence. You just say it so to the LE.
>>
>>34710229
Get a remmington 870 express, shoulder sling, and a pad for the butt of the stock. Load with 00 buck and blast thieves.
>>
>>34713137
>>34713253

Inna Southeast Michigan. I'm including online prices from gb, classic, slickguns, etc...

I'm not really enthused about beat to shit stocks, sporterized bubba guns, shot out barrels and the likes. I want a nice quality yugo smothered in cosmoline. Used to be I could have the pick of several really nice looking stocks covered in cosmoline, with accessories. But that was 10 years ago, norinco was flooding the market, and I was spending all my play money on colt revolvers. I guess it was the wise choice because pythons are a premium price now, but I still have no SKS to go innawoods.
>>
>>34713180
>Don't get a gun, get a dog. None of the states that have "legal" weed allow the defense of using lethal force to defend your property

Michigan is a Medical card state, and I promise that personal defense laws are not a problem here. Having two cousins doing repossessions, they've gotten intimate with the legal aspects of gun laws and PD cases.
>>
>>34710229
You grow and sell pot yet have no money ?
>>
>>34713179
This is fucking retarded but for some reason people think traps are ok
>IT'S ILLEGAL AS FUCK TO USE TRAPS

My dad owns a bunch of property in the Catskill mountains and is too much of a pussy to own guns but has 0 problems making deadly traps to keep people off the property. I've seen and talked to a few other people who think anti human traps are good ideas.

You're fucked if your trap actually works and retarded for using them
>>
>>34713180
Oregon and maybe wash has castle doct. and no duty to retreat if memory serves
Pretty much every pot farm worth it's salt has a team of armed men, often with dogs
>>
So you grow and sell drugs but you can't afford an AR? Smells like skunk to me
>>
>>34712971
Hahaha this retard shops at his local gun store instead of online for the best deal.
>>
>>34714440
well yeah if you're going to be picky there's no limit to how much you'll have to pay.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/7037960/detroit-michigan-rifles-for-sale--russian-sks-rifle
>>
>>34714440
just checked my email
https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-9771-yugo-zastava-m5966-sks-762x39-rifle-in-good-condition-not-an-a1-model-with-cracked-stock.aspx
https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-9769-yugo-zastava-m5966a1-sks-762x39-rifle-in-good-condition-with-cracked-stock.aspx
>>
>>34713444
>make weed illegal to help stop darkies from raping white women
>get called a jew
>>
>>34710349
>>I mean im hopeful simply being armed would deter them

How are they going to know you're armed if they go into your field at night and steal your plants? Are you going to leave your gun out in the field for them to steal too?

Did you think this through or were you too high to come up with a coherent thought?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.