[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I am thinking about going to an indoor range to shoot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
Hey /k/, I am thinking about going to an indoor range to shoot pistol tomorrow. I have plenty of experience shooting rifles at outdoor ranges. Never been to an indoor range before and only handled a pistol once though.

What tips does /k/ have for a novice/newb to pistol shooting and indoor ranges. Also craziest and best indoor range stories.
>>
>>34708945
shoot the walls
my local RO loves me
>>
>>34708945
Don't shoot the walls
Go early in the morning to be guaranteed a spot
Wear eye protection
>>
>>34708945
First off, read the fuckin' sticky.

Second, if anyone says "THIS IS BETTER THAN THAT!" Disregard anything they say for now.

There will be a time when you'll know enough to sift through BS to find good advice.
Being a novice though, now is not that time.
Also, >>34709230.
And bring your own ear protection.
>>
>>34708945
Be prepared to see a lot of people doing a lot of stupid shit.

>people mag dumping from 3 yards and missing half their shots
>idiots shooting revolvers and almost turning their supporting thumb into hamburger
>people getting yelled at for loading their gun back at the tables against the wall
>girlfriends obviously terrified of shooting their boyfriends gun, chickening out, then pouting in the corner
>thugs who obviously didn't acquire their guns through legal means shooting with their pants around their ankles.

I've been to a lot of different indoor places and I never fail to see something stupid.
>>
>>34709596
>tfw I am now known as one of the stupids at my range
I can never return
>>
>>34708945
bring an ar-15, steel core ammunition, and a dragon dildo at least thrice the size of a regular hamster in girth
>>
>>34708945
Its not that much different.

I have shot a both indoor and outdoor ranges and noticed that RO's tend to come and make small talk more at indoor ranges, so don't sperg out. Don't be afraid to have the target close, most people I see that mainly shoot rifles tend to put the target really far away when they shoot pistols for the first time thinking they can hit far away like they can with rifles and end out not hitting shit. But at the same time don't have it too close where it is not a challenge. Just don't shoot too fast and don't shoot steel case ammo(unless your range allows so, most do not).

Also be sure you bring soap for the range showers after you are done shooting, otherwise you may have to ask someone there to lend you theirs.
>>
Rent out a shotgun with your bros and magdump into paper targets

See who can achieve the best smiley face
>>
File: devtac.jpg (114KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
devtac.jpg
114KB, 720x960px
Pants or jeans for sure. I always catch something ricocheting into the shin. Hat too for same reason. Shits always hitting me at indoor ranges but never happens outdoors.

Make sure you have all your own PPE.

Make sure to lay down and put your legs over your head and jerk off into your face before you start shooting. It's ritual at most ranges.
>>
Don't forget ear pro. It's fucking loud as shit at indoor ranges.
>>
>>34708945
Be prepared for asshats that bring an AK with a loud device (Muzzle Brake) loaded with hot ammo.

>This happened to me, twice. Don't bring it, it makes you look like a fuckwad and scares children.

AND MUZZLE SWEEPS. AHHHHHHH. Holy fuck when people do that it scares the fuck out of me.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.