[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. This is my first time on 4chan. A woman in my city was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: man with gun.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
man with gun.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
Hello. This is my first time on 4chan. A woman in my city was recently raped. That got me thinking about crime, which got me thinking that I want to get a gun. I don't know anything about guns. Any advice for me?
>>
>>34708606
i don't think you need a gun to rape most of the women desu, they are flimsy
>>
>>34708606
What city, and what are the laws surrounding firearms and self defense both with and without them there?
>>
>>34708668
Pittsburgh, and I have no idea about the laws. Like I said, I know nothing about guns.
>>
>>34708700
Step one would be looking into that. I'm not an American citizen, unfortunately, so my knowledge is even lesser than yours, but i'd recommend looking into laws\regulations around firearm ownership, concealed carry, and what constitutes "self defense". The latter may sound like nonsense, but my own nation and some US States from what i hear would rather fuck over the law abiding citizen in peril through nonsense SD law technicalities.
>>
Lurk more, faggot.
>>
>>34708766
What's SD law?
>>34708776
Lurk?
>>
>>34708606
Honestly you wouldn't even need a real gun, just a accurate looking toy. A common kitchen knife would work just fine as well.
Definitely get a mask and wear a condom though.
Good luck!
>>
>>34708792
Self defense.
>>
File: 1500101160212.png (173KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
1500101160212.png
173KB, 400x302px
>>34708606
My first thought is that you are government spy here to monitor my movements and to collect info for the beast.
>First time on 4chan
>comes to /k/
>Makes a thread.
Government spy

On the chance your not a spy, look for a local firearms class that involves firing a gun. The people running the class will know all the laws specific to you and getting the chance to hold and fire a gun in a somewhat safe environment will give you better insight into wether or not a gun is for you, ya government spy.
>>
>>34708606
https://www.concealedcarry-ccw.com/Concealed-Carry-State-Laws/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-PA/

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms/open-carry/

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

this is a start.I reccomend a flamethrower or your good friend wildey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS9BdSChngE
>>
>>34708856
OK, so guns are legal in PA. Now what kind of gun do I get?
>>
>>34708919
Test out different models and rounds at your local gun range, and see which one you're the most "natural" with. Consider the fact that you're planning on using your concealed gun for a potentially life or death situation, so go with the pick that you would feel the most comfortable using under that pressure.
>>
>>34708953
>Test out different models and rounds at your local gun range, and see which one you're the most "natural" with
Wouldn't they all be equally natural?
>>34708953
>Consider the fact that you're planning on using your concealed gun for a potentially life or death situation, so go with the pick that you would feel the most comfortable using under that pressure.
What determines what makes a gun best for that? Is there an objective way to evaluate a gun for that purpose?
>>
>>34708606
keep an old soviet f1 grenade up your ass at all times. keep the top part with the detonator sticking out visible from your anus. tie some 550 cord to the detonator, then to the head of your penis. this way, whenever you feel threatened, just close your eyes and think sexy thoughts until you get a boner. this will pull the cord, detonating the grenade. this explosion will send flying bloody chunks of dick and whatever you ate that day in an attackers face. i gauran fucking tee you that guy will never rape again.
>>
>>34708919
see
>>34708953
Various gun ranges will rent out a gun at the cost of whatever + buying their ammo. The upside is you can try out a dozen guns in a day easily and find what feels best in the hand, and what is most comfortable shooting.

Opinions on guns are like assholes, and everyone has one. Sorry for the old addage.

some guys like a gun thats as light as a feather and go for polymer aka "plastic fantastic", others like the feel of a big iron on their hip and go full steel frame.

Some will talk shit over striker, single action, double action, hammer, whatever...fuck them. Find out what you like.

The NRA is ok for poltiics, but their gun opinions are stupid.

Fun story: I Carry a 1911. I like it. It works. I dont plan to get into a protracted shootout and if I do, Well, spare magazines and personal preference.

Know your area, and what you like too. Maybe you are gonna be that motherfucker carrying the Keltec .22 pistol with 30 rounds because you hate recoil.

Maybe you will carry a pocket gun.

Just depends.
>>
>>34708919
The NRA offers courses in your area on how to use firearms:

http://www.nrainstructors.org/search.aspx

Start with the safety courses, and then build from there. Once you learn how to safely handle a firearm, you'll be better able to make choices on what will suit you best.
>>
>>34709002
>Wouldn't they all be equally natural?
No, different rounds pack more of a punch, and certain guns have different actions, makes, and magazine capacities based on the round chambered.
>What determines what makes a gun best for that?
No, it's all hands on subjectivity. And this gent >>34709036
offers a good rundown of that.
>>
>>34709002
They aren't equally natural because everyone's hand size and arm length and faggotry levels are different and each type of gun has slightly different grip size, recoil impulse, etc. So you find one that fits in your hands and doesn't make you shriek like a faggot getting slapped around by his fag lover when you shoot it. Objectively, that's the one that is most comfortable to shoot and that you get the best groups with.

Also, if you're my cousin who failed out of art school twice then ask your uncle because he has about a billion guns.
>>
>>34709036
>Opinions on guns are like assholes, and everyone has one
But facts and logic are the same for everyone. Can your opinions be supported with facts and logic?
>>34709036
>plastic fantastic
>full steel frame
>striker, single action, double action, hammer,
>1911
>Keltec .22 pistol with 30 rounds
What does any of this mean? You are talking over my head.
>>34709097
>different rounds pack more of a punch
What's a round, and what's punch?
>>
>>34709002
>Wouldn't they all be equally natural?
no. guns come in hundreds of different shapes and sizes. a lot of your decision making will come down to feel.

also, think of how you are going to carry it. a great big pistol, like a Beretta 92 is a joy to shoot with minimal recoil, but weighs two pounds and is the size of a 1980's cell phone. a Ruger LC9 feels ok in the hand and is insanely easy to conceal, but shooting accurately it is a somewhat more difficult than the large framed Beretta, even though they are the same caliber.

lastly, avoid guns which are out of production, made in Latin America, or chambered in rimfire cartridges.
>>
>>34709113
Fact: All handguns suck approximately equally at killing people. Serious work is done with a rifle. That being the case and caliber being more or less irrelevant, a hit in the vital areas is better than a miss or a hit in the non-vital area, so find a pistol with which you can hit what you aim at most easily.

A round is a cartridge of ammunition consisting of a bullet, a casing, power, and a primer. It's what you load into the gun and shoot out of it.

Ignore the jargon spouting mongoloid.
>>
>>34708700
Nibber, PA is one of the best states in the "north" for guns. Shall issue concealed carry, no AWBs, NFA, etc. The buying process goes like this:
>go into store
>look at raifus
>fondle said raifus until you find something you want
>Present your Driver's License or ID, and enough money to buy what you want.
>background check gets ran
>if you're clean, you're GTG
As for what you should get, for now, get a .22 semi-auto rifle of some kind(mag fed if possible, but a Marlin Model 60 is insanely accurate), a "high capacity" magazine or two(if applicable), 500 or so rounds of any round nose ammo and a box of High Velocity hollow points. At this point, you just need to learn how to shoot, and .22LR is a marvelous training tool for that. However, if you want something bigger, and you're willing to spend about 3x as much(and 8x as much on ammo depending on where you go), you can get an AR-15 and that'll serve nicely as a first gun. If you're getting a .22, however, Dick's currently has 10/22s on sale for 200 a pop, although, that also means buying from Dick's, and they nickel and dime you on ammo(and... well, everything else) while giving said money to organizations that want to take your guns away.
Do with this info what you will.
>>
>>34709113
>Can your opinions be supported with facts and logic?
concerning handguns? holy god no. it's all subjectivity and feelings here, m8.
>>
>>34709178
>literally cannot be assed to read the goddamn thread.
it's a chick who wants a purse gun because rape. over 9000% of what you said is irrelevant.
>>
>>34709170
>no. guns come in hundreds of different shapes and sizes. a lot of your decision making will come down to feel.
Why do they come in such different shapes and sizes? Human hands are all roughly the same shape and size.
>>34709170
>recoil
What's recoil?
>>34709170
>caliber
What's caliber?
>>34709171
What's a casing? What's a primer?
>>34709178
>raifus
What's that?
>>34709178
>22 semi-auto rifle
What's that? Also, what's a mag?
>>
Minimal defensive handgun calibers have long been considered to be either .38 Special or 9mm Parabellum. Bullet and powder design have improved enough to make .380 ACP viable on the lower end, in my opinion.

Common viable defensive calibers are:
.380 ACP
9mm Para
.38 Special
.40 S&W
.357 Magnum
.45 ACP
10mm Auto

I'd stick with 9mm, 40 S&W, or .45 ACP if I were you. Those are the big three in modern pistols. There are a lot of choices. That's where comfort and how well you shoot it factor in.

If you go with a revolver, get a .357 magnum because they are the same size as a .38 Special and you can shoot .38 Special as well as .357 Magnum out of them.
>>
>>34709272
>calibers
What's a caliber?
>>
>>34709265
You're a fucking troll. There's no way any human being can be this ignorant. Read fucking Wikipedia about guns and then come back.
>>
>>34709265
>what's recoil
welp... b8 confirmed. abandon thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 618x618px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 618x618px
STOP REPLYING YOU FAGGOTS
>>
>>34709287
What's a troll?
>>34709288
What's b8?
>>34709290
Why do you have a picture of a fish?
>>
>>34708606
>go to range/store
>rent 5 different handguns
>try them out and see how they fit your hand
>always treat the gun like it's loaded
>always point it in a safe direction
>always know what's behind and around your target
>never point a gun at something you don't want to destroy
>pick the best one and buy it
>>
>>34708606
>>34708700
>>34708792
different states have different laws in regards to what you can buy, where you can bring it, how many rounds youre allowed and what qualifies as "self defense" as far as dos and donts. Just because you have a gun doesnt give you a right to kill and it damn sure doesnt make you the terminator. Look into Pittsburgh laws, talk to the police or go to a gun store and basically lay out everything you just told us and they'll walk you through it. Gun store clerks live for this stuff. Beware of salesmen, in fact dont buy anything on your first go around, they might let you hold a few guns or show them to you, take some mental notes and come back here with any questions or google anything you want to know. Dont buy into the "limited time offer" bullshit sales they will through in your face to make a quick buck. Ive seen lots of newbies get conned into buying something overpriced they dont need
>>
>>34709265
in case not bait
recoil is the movement of a gun after firing due to forces acting on it from the round going off
caliber is the size of the bullet you're using
a casing is the brass piece that contains the bullet, powder, and primer (charge that sets off the gunpowder after it gets hit by the hammer/stiker)
raifu = rifle
magazine = device to hold bullets; on modern rifles is usually detachable
22 caliber = small cheap bullet available everywhere
semi auto = shoots one bullet per trigger pull but will load a new one in without you doing anything else, so you can just pull the trigger overt and over to shoot
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (8KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
8KB, 265x190px
>>34708606
>A woman in my city was recently raped.
Wonder if she came
>>
File: wat.gif (3MB, 502x591px) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
3MB, 502x591px
>>34709309
>"""""First time on 4chan"""""
>Already namefagging
>Pretends to have no idea what anything is
Why is anyone replying to this thread with serious answers?
>>
>>34708636
Fpbp
>>
>>34708606
Just get a sock and put two rolls of quarters in it Mr. Kersey
>>
>>34708606
Get a Beretta 83 with a nickel finish if you want a gun from Deathwish. The 32 revolver in your OP is a collector's piece ditto the AMT Automag with the added perk of being heavier and more expensive.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.