[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The One That Got Away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170729_192157704.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170729_192157704.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
Found this at a Bass Pro in Iowa during a road trip. The only problem is that I'm from California and can't buy it. Well, shit.

What bargains got away from you, anons? And/or what did you not buy when you had the chance that you now regret not getting?
>>
File: 150103787383984.jpg (84KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
150103787383984.jpg
84KB, 750x422px
>>34708595
>i'm from california
lmao.
>>
>>34708633
And I definitely did *not* buy two 30-round magazines for my Mini-14, along with a BX-25 and two BX-15s for my 10/22 while I was there in a free state with cash in my pocket.
>>
>>34708595
get out of my state you filthy 5th columnist commie infiltrator, we see what your trying to do to texas, you aint turnin us into you
>>
>>34708682
I'm just passing through, and even if I did stay permanently, I'd vote straight MAGA.
>>
I missed out on a glock 17 gen 4 for only $310.49 a couple of weeks ago.
>>
>>34708595
>Bass Pro in Iowa
Shit nigger, in altoona? Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>34708894
Looking at the map of my trip, yeah, that would have been the one. I remember passing Adventureland just before stopping there.

I hope the sale is still going on, anon. If you buy one of them, post pictures. BTW, Gun Grampa did a review of that pistol a couple years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sruOplt19hw
>>
>>34708679
well, thank god you didn't, the moment you drove across the california border, the mags would've activated a police monitor system and choppers would have been following you to your house, and then you get raided by the cops.
>>
>>34708595
You do know those sell for like 100 to 120 online right?

That's such a rip-off, but I bet fudds bought them like crazy.
>>
>>34709126
Yeah, just like when I definitely didn't buy a couple of 20 round mags when I was in Vegas back in March.
>>
>>34709307
https://www.classicfirearms.com/heritage-rough-rider-revolver6shotrr22b6
>>
>>34709307
You do know that if you do buy one online, shipping and FFL transfer fees mean that what you'll actually pay will be way more than $120 right?
>>
>>34708595
Unless you have kids i never understood the point of buying a .22 pistol.
>>
File: gskldhgdfhlkgd.png (84KB, 235x250px) Image search: [Google]
gskldhgdfhlkgd.png
84KB, 235x250px
>>34708595

7 months ago I remember seeing a Philippine m1 carbine made by Rock-Ola with a buyout for $650 bucks and I tried to be a sneaky fucker and buy for cheap at 600 which kills the buyout chance on the item.

the price went to 1.2k before the bidding ended.

I regret not just straight up buying that thing out
>>
>>34709307
this.
>https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/87904/Firearms/Handguns/Heritage/Heritage+RR22B6+Rough+Rider+6RD+22LR+6.5+Blued
>>
>>34709357
That's because you are among the mall ninjas here who don't understand the fact that a lot of people shoot guns just for the fun of it, rather than because they think that the RAHOWA is about to start any minute now.
>>
>>34709348
Have you ever bought a gun before? You do a transfer regardless.
>>
>>34709348
Just quoted it out, 128 shipped, transfer fee is required regardless of store.
>>
>>34709393
I guess you've never bought a gun online and had it shipped to an FFL before. FFLs charge a fee to do the 4473/DROS for you, above and beyond whatever the state's fee might be, which they don't charge when they're selling you a gun from their own inventory. They do this both to be compensated for their time in doing all this paperwork, and to avoid the fate of a lot of brick-and-mortar businesses, which become showrooms where go to people look at merchandise that they then go home and order for a few dollars cheaper from Amazon. If the FFL didn't charge a fee for doing that paperwork, he'd basically become an unpaid storefront for places like Bud's and CTD, and that's just not going to happen.
>>
all in 09-10

1. MAS 36 - $69
2. Norinco SKS - $125
3. MAS 49/56 - $275
4. SVT 40 - $650
>>
>>34708595
Why couldn't you buy it? Are you not allowed Rough Riders in Cali?
>>
They usually have those new for sale at gun shows for 120. I mean 20 dollars no big deal, but bass pro still jews you.

And iowa represent, but sportsman warehouse is where it's at, not bass pro.
>>
>>34709678
Gun shops generally won't sell to people from out of state, and this goes double for handguns.
>>
Norinco SKS for $425 back in 2015. That was the last non-Tapco'd one I ever saw at my LGS and it's gone.
>>34709678
It's the handgun roster. Only law enforcement can buy non-roster guns out of state and transfer them to CA. I'm lucky enough to have an uncle who works as a corrections officer and he already wants me to choose a handgun for my 21st birthday.
>>
>>34708894
I'm from Missouri and was just at the bass pro in altoona. Holy shit all guns are like $200 more. Did get a nice kelty on sale tho
>>
>>34708679
>going to another state to get 30rd mags
>from a state with a fuckload of military bases

you're doing it wrong bud
>>
>>34709740
Um, no. Just have them do an FFL transfer. Standard operating procedure.
>>
>>34709877
Um, no. Where I am, you can reliably add $75 to the cost of any gun you order online - $25 for the DROS fee, and $50 for your local FFL's time in filling out the paperwork. I've heard that there's someone an hour away from me who'll do it for $35, which brings it down to adding $60 to the list price of the gun, but it's not worth an extra two hours of driving to save $15 bucks. You may live in a less cucked state where the prices are a bit less steep, but I have a hard time believing that you have local FFLs who will go through the bother of receiving a gun from an online shop, holding it in their store for you, and then dealing with your 4473 for free, especially when it means that all the profit from the transaction ends up in someone else's pocket and they get nothing for their trouble.
>>
>>34708595
nigga they sell those in ca for roughly the same amount
>>
>>34709754
How does one aquire mags from military bases?
>>
File: 1501463484354.jpg (62KB, 736x611px) Image search: [Google]
1501463484354.jpg
62KB, 736x611px
>Japanese Carcano for 200
>RC 98k for 300
>Lithgow No.1 mk3 for 400
>Ingles Hi Power for 700
>And a CAR-15 upper I was gunna pay 300 for that some asshole got for free
>>
Be at LGS overhear owner is dying of cancer and selling everything start chatting him up he says he has something special in the back pulls out AUG A1 903SA says he bought it new in 85 only wants 1200$ ...have cash in pocket and walk away thinking i already have 2 5.56 guns regret that often
>>
>>34708595

LOL, that isn't even a good deal. They were giving those away with the S&W Shields at my local Gauger Mountain.

I bought one a few months ago for $100 during another sale. Definitely worth it, they're a really really fun little wheel gat.

The only negative is the finish is shit. But who cares! It's a $100.
>>
>>34709348
And if you buy in a store you pay sales tax.
>>
>>34712481
You're not very familiar with California, are you? Believe me, the state is going to get their cut one way or another.
>>
>>34712610
California charges sales tax on a purchase you made out of state? How? Do you declare it? Have you ever bought a gun online and had it transferred in?

Sounds like you are doing it wrong. But I also pretend California doesn't exist. Because it shouldn't.
>>
>>34712696
First, they browbeat a lot of retailers into charging sales tax at point of sale. Not all do, but a lot do, especially the big ones (like Amazon). Second, yes, you are required to report all out of state purchases on your state income tax form so they can retroactively charge you sales tax on it when they collect your income tax. Of course, most people don't report most things they buy out of state, but they are actually required to, and it is a criminal offense to not report them.

Which is all academic, because if you go through a California FFL, which you legally have to do for any firearm purchase (except antiques and black powder, of course), he'll collect the state sales tax on it.

This is why I ended up paying $91 worth of fees and taxes to actually lay my hands on my $179 Spanish Mauser from J&G. If I wasn't a Spanish Civil War nut (Viva Franco! Viva Cristo Rey!) it wouldn't have been worth it at all.

Oh, and you can forget evading that with a C&R license - California doesn't allow C&Rs to receive guns directly. Every purchase still has to go through a full-fledged FFL. The only way you're ever getting a gun delivered direct to your door here is if it's pre-1899 or black powder.
>>
4k for an original IMI .308 Galil, 4k for a .308 Valmet, and 2500 for a .223 Valmet, all at the same show
>>
>>34710164
>Where I am
Wow, so your area rapes you. Most places transfer a gun for 25-35 bucks.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.