[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a Savage Mk II with a wood stock and a scope from a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 638056_ts.jpg (34KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
638056_ts.jpg
34KB, 1155x1155px
I bought a Savage Mk II with a wood stock and a scope from a pawn shop a while ago as my plinking gun and I'm starting to get a bit tired of it. It's too long and heavy for what I'm using it for, which is passing time at the gun range without spending too much money on ammo and working on my fundamentals, and the scope is unnecessary. I also fucking hate the way the 10 round mag juts out right where I want to put my hand, and it causes some feeding issues when my hand inevitably hits it. I want a lightweight, shorter barrel .22 bolt action that I can bring along with my glock when I only want to shoot 50 rounds of 9mm but want to spend some time fucking around after. I'm thinking about placing an order on pic related, Mossberg 802 plinkster on sportsmans guide. It's dirt fucking cheap so it's hard to say no, but I'm wondering if anyone here has owned one of these before. Do they work? I'm really only requiring it to be accurate up to about 25 yards and not break on me immediately. Yeah I know I could just get a 10/22 like everyone else, but fuck that I want a bolt action. Working the bolt in between shots gives me a boner.

There's also the Ruger American rimfire which I know for a fact is a great rifle but it's a bit too expensive for what I'm using it for.
>>
Bump. I can buy it for 134 bucks and free shipping. Should I do it?
>>
bump. I'm surprised I can't find more reviews on these. They seem to be about the cheapest .22 you can buy from a reputable company.
>>
Bump. Should i buy one of these or save up for a Ruger American Compact (which are currently out of stock right now)

The Ruger probably better quality (in fact I've shot them before and they are fucking great) but it's also about 120 dollars more, currently out of stock and about 1lb heavier.
>>
Reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUys6ccMyqY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qktRAw0nDx8
>>
File: y9kfg5yt-1340605480.jpg.cf.jpg (67KB, 593x400px) Image search: [Google]
y9kfg5yt-1340605480.jpg.cf.jpg
67KB, 593x400px
Yes.
>>
>>34709442
One of those is for the 702, which I don't really want.

I'm kind of thinking about saving up for the Ruger American compact with the threaded barrel. I know it's a great rifle and somewhere down the line I can throw a supressor on there and snipe some rats. Also magazines are cheaper and more readily available. It's also apparently 2 inches shorter which is a huge plus.

But then again it's about a pound and a half heavier and I have to wait until it gets back in stock before I can even order it (and trust me, I have no gun shops in my area worth buying from)
>>
I own two Mossberg 802's, one in my Texas home and the other in my Arizona home. They are great little plinking guns. The bolt handle is small and the bolt isn't exactly smooth, which took a little while to get used to but it isn't like I expected anything else from an inexpensive .22. I would go for it.
>>
>>34706598
I have one but older I think, has a different stock that they dont seem to make anymore.

Bolt is shit. Doesn't like feeding some ammo and some magazines are dodgy.
Gun itself is very accurate and weighs nothing. Extremely durable.
>>
>>34709663

The Ruger would be a solid pick. Cheap magazines and the different cheek rest options for the stock (I think the compact model has them) Waiting for it to come back in stock gives you time to save and it seems you are leaning towards it more.

I was on the fence about a Savage Mk ii FV-SR and an American but went with the Savage because I don't care about weight.
>>
>>34706598
>bolt-action
>.22
I thought april was months ago
>>
>>34710797
Nice meme
>>
File: received_10110230044016664.jpg (255KB, 1232x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_10110230044016664.jpg
255KB, 1232x2048px
>>34706598
Get one of these.

Single shot bolt action. Fits your bill. Cheaper than you can find most anything else out there.
>>
>>34710797
the fuck does that mean?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.