[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistol Optic Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Alright /k/, I just bought a Glock 19 MOS. A buddy of mine had to make some cash fast and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. What red dot sight should I get for it? I'm debating between the Vortex Venom, Leupold Deltapoint Pro, and the Jpoint red dot. I don't want an RMR or a fastfire. Am I missing anything? Anyone have experience with any of these? Also post pistols with optics,
>>
Why not get the rmr? Only 350 from cabelas. Its cheaper and better then the ones you mentioned
>>
>>34699776
Why don't you want the RMR? It's pretty much the industry standard.
>>
>>34701178
>>34701938
The RMR was not designed for pistols and gets beaten to death on them.
>>
File: Glocktical.jpg (648KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Glocktical.jpg
648KB, 1632x1224px
>>34699776
I've had good success with the leupold deltapoint pro on my 19. Comes in two dot sizes and has multiple adjustable light settings. It also has a "Move-Standby" feature which is pretty nice. The dot stays off until it detects sufficient movement and then lights up so you can use it immediately as a nightstand gun if you want.

Keep in mind if you want your irons to work, you'll have to buy replacement sights that will fit above the red dot, but that's up to you.
>>
>>34701938
Well I've actually shot a 17 with a fiber optic RMR and I could just barely see the dot. I also don't like how the LED version uses the slide to hold on the battery and how exposed everything is on the bottom. That tiny ass rubber gasket doesn't look like it holds back shit.
>>
>>34702251
Thats why you get an RMR sealing plate when mounting it on a pistol
>>
File: IMG_20170618_104423_01.jpg (1MB, 2024x1518px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170618_104423_01.jpg
1MB, 2024x1518px
>>34701954
The Gen 2 they just started rolling out is supposed to fix those problems I believe. That said, I also went with an optic designed from the ground up to be slide mounted
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.