[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistol accuracy tips/pointers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 20170623_141933.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170623_141933.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
For some reason I'm not able to hit anything I'm aiming at with a subcompact 9mm I rented at even five yards. I have good form, the gun doesn't flop around due to recoil, I've been around guns for forever but have not had much actual experience shooting.

I am gonna buy this certain gun soon but I don't want to have it and be shit with it for however long it takes to get decent. I get next to zero practice as it is. Do anons have any tips for using my rare practice time even more efficiently? Should I start at near point blank and work up from there? Should I get something that isn't a meme subcompact, like my second choice which would be a certain .357? I could get a bigger gun but I've seen people do well at 20yds and more with the one I want, so it's not impossible so it has to be just me. None of that "you need a better gun to be better" shit. I'd rather start with something hard to get good. And I always have pic related if it'll help me with practice.

So say I'm going to buy a P938 as my first non-.22 pistol and you can't talk me out of it, any tips for accuracy?
>>
shoot more good
>>
Where are your groups relative to the target? If low left (like 90% of new shooters), work on your grip and trigger pull. Squeeze harder on the front and backstrap with your dominant hand without shaking, make sure your left hand doesn't leave a gap at the bottom of the grip, and squeeze the trigger slowly with your intermediate phalanx roughly parallel to the target.
>>
>>34699527
Shoot a lot. 9mm is dirt cheap and every gun has little quirks that you might or might not like.

There's a million little things that you can learn about and read about and know to improve, but ultimately you just have to keep practicing and putting rounds downrange. Book learning will help, but you have to actually do it to apply it, and it will have more value as you get more experience.
>>
>>34699527

So if you're shit with a 938 and I can't talk you out of it.
I'd say you're going to need a lot of dry firing and a lot of ammo.
>>
>>34699527
I'm a lil tipsy, cant make it through your wall of text, if you legit want some friendly banter and tips email me I'll answer sunday night or monday or fuck knows when

anonbrah@
live.com
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.