[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GP100 VS SW686

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0027.png (619KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0027.png
619KB, 1536x2048px
Help. I'm graduating school and want to treat myself but I need to know which one /k/ thinks is better. Want a 6 inch barrel.

Pic not related
>>
Ump
>>
File: 1500791331446.png (497KB, 950x679px)
1500791331446.png
497KB, 950x679px
>>34698618
Literally does not matter. Try either one at a range and see which one you like best, noguns.
>>
>>34700614
I need input with supporting facts
>>
>>34700711
>supporting facts

bill ruger a shit
>>
I would prefer the Smith over the Ruger. But that's just my taste. The GP100 is a solid gun.
But bear in mind that any new smith you buy, except for a few models, is going to have a lock on it. If you decide on the 686 try to find a prelock one if you care about collectibility and resale value.
>>
File: dasb8.gif (3MB, 500x207px)
dasb8.gif
3MB, 500x207px
>>34700711
>>
>>34700739
bill ruger a dead.
>>
File: RugerPython.jpg (347KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
RugerPython.jpg
347KB, 900x506px
Colt barrel, Ruger frame. Often called a "Cougar".
>>
>>34698618
If you can stare at the gp100 without vomiting you deserve to buy one

They will both work fine.

Neither of those are really "treat"ing yourself, that would be more like python, king cobra, mr73 etc.
>>
>>34700803
Honestly, GP100's are fucking bomb-proof. They'll outlive you.
>>
>>34700769
Fucking abortion.
>>34700803
King cobras are overrated. It's basically a Trooper MKV with a snake name so Colt guys are willing to overpay. Colt value for money is a Trooper MkIII which are pretty easy to find for 600-800. Alternatively, the original Trooper has nearly identical internal lockwork to the Python as does the Colt .357. But they don't have snake names so they don't bring the big bucks.
>>
>>34700834
The reason Pythons have such a good reputation is because the workmanship that went into them was exceptional. The guys who made them are all either retired or dead. THAT is why they aren't made anymore.
>>
>>34700857
I agree with you. I'm not saying the Python is overrated. I'm just bitching about Colt collectors in general. The guys who won't even shoot their brand new cobras because "six times at the factory was enough." Beautiful guns meant to be shot and enjoyed and they just sit in some guy's safe.
Plus, I'll never understand why a Boa, which is just a Trooper with a Python barrel is a 5000-6000 dollar gun. It's a Trooper on the inside, so it doesn't have the workmanship or even the same internal lockwork. Similar story with the King Cobra. Take a Trooper, slap a snake name on it, and suddenly it's a hot commodity. Colt made great revolvers that didn't carry snake names.
>>
>>34700740
What lock? Also I think the 686 is very aesthetic, while I just like the rugers barrel the weird way the grip is mounted is kinds of off putting but it feels very comfortable
>>
Both are great. It's essentially just personal preference between the two.
>>
OP here I'm drunk on gin. What do you guys think about a song sauer 550? Or maybe an AK. I REALLY LIKE THE 550 but I have an AR which I think fulfills the need for my baby killer gun.
>>
>>34700914
There's a keyhole on the left side of the gun near the hammer. It can lock the action of the gun. Some people claim that it can activate while you're shooting and leave you with what is essentially a big paperweight. I've never personally had that happen, but my only smith with a lock is a 637 snub that i don't really pound at the range.
>>
Also this gun will be for fun, maybe walking in the woods, killing zombies. Whatever
>>
>>34700935
I used to CC a beesa .380 with a lock I never felt uncomfortable about it. This will just be a fun gun so I don't think I have an issue with that
>>
>>34700900
Well, we ARE talking about a company that is perpetually bankrupt. Can't expect too much out of them.
>>
>>34700947
Ok. If you're cool with the keyhole then you can get a new 686. But I recommend getting a model 27 or model 28 from their classics series. More expensive, but you can find deals. N frames, so they're bigger, but really nice guns.
The keyhole lock can also be removed pretty easily, but I haven't been bothered to do it with my j frame yet
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.