[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY Weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

Post your best homemade/DIY weapons in this thread
>>
I'm afraid I myself have none to show but I would love to see ones built by others members of this community.
Please give your address so I can come see them in person
>>
File: 1501123050940.png (140KB, 603x603px) Image search: [Google]
1501123050940.png
140KB, 603x603px
>>34697897
I always wanted to build a lasgun replica and install a wicked laser in it,rig it up to fire when the trigger is pulled
It wouldn't be lethal, but you could permanently blind somebody from really far away
Maybe some specialized magnifying glass to concentrate the beam
Just a dumb idea
>>
File: fullautomadness.jpg (20KB, 236x430px) Image search: [Google]
fullautomadness.jpg
20KB, 236x430px
The Protector of Dogs
>>
I am legitimately thinking about building a 4 bore muzzleloader. Do you think regular DOM would be strong enough?
>>
>>34698365
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even have to hit any burglars. Imagine it.
>fires within 1m of intruders
>"AW SHIET"
>"OH FUCK"
>"DIS NIGGA GOT A FUCKIN STAR WARP PHASER"
>"HOLY SHIT RUN"
>>
File: j4_finished_left.jpg (54KB, 1280x276px) Image search: [Google]
j4_finished_left.jpg
54KB, 1280x276px
I've made a few suppressed .22lr takedown rifles. My latest weighs two pounds exactly, packs into a roll 13" x 1.5" x 10" when flat, 13" x 3.5" rolled up. Accurate enough for squirrels to about 40 yards. A quiet *thup* with with subsonics. I tested it in a park one night about 100 feet from some people quietly talking by a fire, looking at their phones, shot in a safe direction. Zero response, conversation uninterrupted.
>>
File: j4_finished_dismantled.jpg (99KB, 1243x445px) Image search: [Google]
j4_finished_dismantled.jpg
99KB, 1243x445px
>>
>>34697897
Do 80% lowers/frames count as DIY or homemade?
>>
i made a post apocalyptic tomahawk thing. might post pics later
>>
>>34700327
...if you have to ask...
>>
>>34699578
>>34699590
>day of the jackal intensifies
>>
>>34699578
nice
>>
>>34701842
So, yes they are, then.
>>
>>34698365
Would probably give them some wicked burns
>>
>>34698365
>wicked laser
Total junk
>you could permanently blind somebody from really far away
Stay the fuck out of my hobby. It's fucking retards like you that have the FDA breathing down every laser enthusiast's neck.
>Yes, the FDA regulates lasers
>>
>>34699590
>>34699578
I bet you could build it to double as a car jack / toolset.
>>
>>34702699
Get outta here with your Lego!
>>
File: pen7.jpg (429KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
pen7.jpg
429KB, 2000x1500px
>>34702821
I could, but prefer concealability and lightness, and I don't drive. Incorporating such a rifle into a folding bicycle frame might be interesting... But I just like being able to throw a little tool roll into a day pack. No intention of crossing borders with a rifle, as those guys have sniffing equipment, and of course no have no motivation for such silliness.
>>
>>34704031

What kind of ink does that pen use? .22 LR or .22 Short?
>>
File: pen6_2.jpg (73KB, 800x458px) Image search: [Google]
pen6_2.jpg
73KB, 800x458px
>>34704049
Long.
>>
>>34699578

i'd be much obliged if you posted instructions or something. i'm really, really fond of the idea of an ultra-minimal .22 like this. and honestly, your aesthetic is better than all the commercial offerings i've seen. i don't know how much it costs you to make them but if you could turn them out rapidly, doing a dozen at a time or something, and charge a hundred bucks, hundred fifty or something, i bet you wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.
>>
File: parts.jpg (336KB, 1982x931px) Image search: [Google]
parts.jpg
336KB, 1982x931px
>>34704122
Cute, but not practical. I get paid $60/hour for my time in an unrelated trade. Probably put over 100 hours into that rifle, inventing it as I went along. Lost interest as soon as it was finished. Next project is a suppressed cane in .22lr. extremely quiet, completely innocent in appearance even when cocked and ready to fire. About half made now but probably not done until next winter as I'm too busy with work.

As for instructions, that would take a lot of writing. And not really relevant. There are innumerable ways to do such a thing. My approach was completely improvisational. I went with steel from a hardware store, a barrel liner, carbon fiber tubing, JB Weld, solder, brazing rod, 7075 and 6061 aluminum, various nuts and bolts from around the shop, and a 1950's Weaver B4 scope found cheap online. Of course none of that helps to someone without skills and tools. But with practice and intelligence many crafts-oriented people could do just as well or better. Here is an infographic on an earlier zipgun. Some of it applies to the rifle but not much.
>>
My Glock 17 Gen 4.

I Did It Myself because I found a great deal online. You too can do it yourself if you are me.
>>
>>34704225

is it just a smoothbore zipgun then?
>>
>>34704234
Tell us how much you paid for that gat.
>>
>>34704264
I heard it was $310.49.
>>
>>34699578

Post plans pls.
>>
>>34704260
My first couple of zipgun were smoothbore, but the takedown rifles are rifles. One model used an old stock unused Winchester barrel. Two used .22" airgun barrels. This latest uses a Redman barrel liner with 1:16" twist.
>>
>>34704290
Hey all you like. There are no plans. Learn to read, I've twice stated that I invented it as I went along. Improvisation is fun.
>>
>>34704307

Gib plans.
>>
>>34704338
Again, no plans exist, so fuck off.
>>
>>34702817
>he lives a dictatorship where the fda controls everything
How does it feel to not be free?
I can play with bigboy laser if I feel like it
>>
>>34704407

GIVE US THE FUCKING PLANS DUMBASS

/jk no plans kek
>>
>>34704031
Are you European?
>>
>>34699578
Gemtech GM22 plus Savage 93 and Winchester subsonic 45 grain is like that.

CCI quiet 22 40 grain 740 fps subsonic is so quiet that people don't notice even if they are sitting quietly.
>>
>>34706007
how can somebody possibly be so summer AND reddit at once
>>
>>34706066
Canukistani, of Euro decent.
>>
>>34706172
Hey, I got the joke, he's okay.
>>
>>34704307
americans are literally retarded and cant do anything more creative than paint-by-numbers

just look at those dumbass "adult coloring books"; yankees are so uncreative that they cant even doodle in the margins of workbooks anymore, they still need coloring books until the age of 80
>>
>>34706604
I know. It's pathetic how little is expected of kids in terms of basic education. When I went to school in the 70's we had to do at least a term each of electronics, metalwork, woodwork, accounting and typing. Music to a deeper extent, and physical education including sex ed, biology, the physiological relation of aerobic and anaerobic exercise to outcomes, along with all the usual sciences and humanities. By grade 12 a typical Canadian kid before 1980 had about as much education as a typical modern university kid in the USA. Sad. I had enough skills by grade nine to make a useful knife, furnish a house, keep healthy and fit, fix a toaster, all sorts of important, basic stuff. My kids only get that stuff from me. Their schools seem afraid to teach such things. Even the math now is wonky, more about feelings than actual calculation.
>>
>>34706769
yeah when I was comin' up here in canada, we still had Woodworking at my school. you could take either that, computers, home ec, or something else (i forget what but no one took it) and had to make that choice twice. taking home ec and woodworking was probably the best decision i ever made as a child

the year I graduated high school, they got rid of all that, and even replaced math with more humanities kinda shit. kids leave school these days knowing absolutely nothing of use other than how to hustle eachother
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.