[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Riot Tourism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: ClhJg1yfPJ446t57LLNrDA_r.jpg (128KB, 750x537px) Image search: [Google]
ClhJg1yfPJ446t57LLNrDA_r.jpg
128KB, 750x537px
A few years ago, I was watching the idiots at Vice news wander through the riots at Ferguson and narrowly escape being culturally enriched to death. The livestream was amazing.. the two girls and Tim narrowly escaped a BBC rape death over and over.

I remember watching and thinking, boy, I wish I could be there livestreaming, but also be comfortable and safe. So here's what I'm doing now:

I'm saving up to buy a military surplus BRDM-2 from an overseas importer. They can be had for under $10,000, and are easily made street legal. Just have to add turn signals, horn, etc. The interiors can be customized and made comfy.

People (mostly /pol/) already have expressed strong interest in paying to put advertising, catchphrases, and names / WW2 bomber art on the APC, as well as for the privilege of access to the loudspeakers that will be installed. Here's a lengthy 8gag thread if you're curious:

>http://archive.is/ZiSd4

What would be a good way to crowdfund this so maybe we can start with a larger APC- like maybe a BTR-60? That way we could carry more VIPs for an in-person experience.

Obviously this wouldn't be good for contained, highly localized riots like Berkeley, but for spread out chaos zones like Ferguson. At places like Berkeley, the APC could perform the function of holding 'the line' for the safe media section.
>>
>>34696588
That's a fucked up idea, seems something taken out of a futuristic novel, I like it.
>>
>>34696588
this sounds like a huge money sink for little to no payoff.

First up, it's going to be hard to predict exactly where the next big riot/protest is going to be. Are you going to base this in Chicago? Baltimore? Cali somewhere? There's way too much ground to cover with just one vehicle.

Or are you going to also get a trailer to drive it around and setup where you need it? That adds a massive expense on top of the vehicle itself...

Secondly, I assume you or someone is going to be driving this armored vehicle through protests and having it blast racial slurs and other profanity at random. I have a feeling the cops are not going to like that at all. Not only will you be inciting more violence, but you could easily injure someone protesting or even the cops. You're going to be fined out your ass the first second the things rolls up on the street.

Finally, how are you planning to get maintenance done on this vehicle? How many people in the US have the skills and knowledge to even begin repairing it. Are you going to do it yourself? This is an especially crucial issue if you're planning on driving it everywhere a new protest pops up. Hell, even if you find a mechanic, how much is it going to cost and how long will it take for spare parts to arrive?

tl;dr this is a retarded idea cooked up by an autist with hardly a penny to his name who gets off on acting like an edgy racist shithead on anonymous anime forums.
>>
>>34696663
>this sounds like a huge money sink for little to no payoff.
>First up, it's going to be hard to predict exactly where the next big riot/protest is going to be. Are you going to base this in Chicago? Baltimore? Cali somewhere? There's way too much ground to cover with just one vehicle.
>Or are you going to also get a trailer to drive it around and setup where you need it? That adds a massive expense on top of the vehicle itself...
>Secondly, I assume you or someone is going to be driving this armored vehicle through protests and having it blast racial slurs and other profanity at random. I have a feeling the cops are not going to like that at all. Not only will you be inciting more violence, but you could easily injure someone protesting or even the cops. You're going to be fined out your ass the first second the things rolls up on the street.
>Finally, how are you planning to get maintenance done on this vehicle? How many people in the US have the skills and knowledge to even begin repairing it. Are you going to do it yourself? This is an especially crucial issue if you're planning on driving it everywhere a new protest pops up. Hell, even if you find a mechanic, how much is it going to cost and how long will it take for spare parts to arrive?
>tl;dr this is a retarded idea cooked up by an autist with hardly a penny to his name who gets off on acting like an edgy racist shithead on anonymous anime forums.

You sound triggered.
>>
>>34696588
have fun getting lit up by riot cops who freak out at the sight of an APC that isn't theirs. if they don't nade the shit out of you on sight they'll order you to leave and you won't get to see the fun
>>
>>34696663
>acting like an edgy racist shithead on anonymous anime forums

So, 95% of /pol/? Someone was bound to try and monetize shouting slurs IRL free from repercussions.
>>
>>34696588
While I don't think you'll recoup the money from private tours, renting it as an armored media van with private security to cover riots is an excellent idea.
>>
>>34696588
Bump for interest
>>
>>34696730

Yeah, we could also rescue people who were trapped in riot zones, resupply shop owners who are defending their property, etc.
>>
>>34696588
That is a fascinating idea. Really one of those exploration of human nature things.

Absolutely going to get fucked up, legally, physically, or otherwise. A very slightly better idea would be to get some parkor/tactically inclined faggots together and go on the ground with extreme maneuverability to keep running at the speed of light and lifestreaming from a body cam. Always keeping to cover and rooftops just watching chaos go down.

>vigilantism is a shit, and BTR man rolling through is going to get buttfucked by the law
>most rioters are going to see you as a threat and if it is a full Ferguson, there is no reason someone isn't going to whip your ass with some molotovs
>>
How much would you charge per person, how many people could you fit, and how much would it cost to take them around the city? How much will it cost to store this thing? Are you thinking this through?
>>
>>34696687
> implying cops had control over Ferguson
>>
>>34696588
A better idea is to just use a drone with a camera and livestream it. And charge people like $4.99 to watch.
>>
File: 056561853777cadf27d7d50ae560e36d.jpg (94KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
056561853777cadf27d7d50ae560e36d.jpg
94KB, 2048x1024px
>>34696707
>free from repercussions
it worked so well last time
>>
Check this out, guys:

http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/auction.ips?msg=22851&kwtag=navbar

Maybe just getting something already here in the USA is a better idea
>>
http://www.armoredcarssale.com/Inventory/PreOwned

and here's some decent looking bank vans
>>
http://www.armyjeeps.net/Tankunit2/index.htm

You niggers could crowdsource enough money and buy a tank instead of a APC, rioters couldn't touch that even if they tried
>>
>>34697669
http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/products/tanks-2/t-55-278#currency=USD
or you could not spend 250k and get a T-55
>>
>>34697761

I've read bad things about mortarinvestments on steelsoldiers
>>
>>34698038
what kind of bad things?
>>
>>34696588

Paint "PRESS" on outside in four foot high letters...
Paint it a friendly nonmilitary paint job.

Have a web page and say you are renting it out as a press transport vehicle for hostile environments. Cops mess you you ask if they are trying to conceal stuff.

Fixed armored cams in all directions... livestream setup...
Fake TV uplink antenna with network logo on it
Protected actual antennas
See what happens
>>
>>34696730
Operation Steel Eye
>>
I can't fund but once I'm out of the military I'd be willing to assist.
>>
>>34700623
Fucking welfare queen!
>>
>>34696663
All this.
OP is either a con artist or an idiot. Possibly both.
>>
>>34700869

Can I just be a hack like the guys at Redlettermedia?

Oh my god.. I just had a perfect idea for one of the temporary names

TUMS FESTIVAL
>>
File: me.jpg (9KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
9KB, 255x170px
>>34696588
Do it.
>>
>>34696588
>BRDM-2
you know if a group of people throw molotovs at your apc because they think it is the police/military it's not going to be "comfortable and safe"
>>
>>34696674
You sound like you lack the brain cells to formulate a proper response.
>>
>>34696588
>comfortable and safe
M O L O T O V C O C K T A I L S
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.