[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bigger rear sight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: bang bang.jpg (37KB, 825x160px) Image search: [Google]
bang bang.jpg
37KB, 825x160px
So I got to fiddle with a mini 14, I like it considering it's a nice alternative to the ar15.

Problem is I fucking hate the rear sight on it. The peep hole is small. Normally, I could just add a scope or red dot to fix the problem of not using the sights, but I just want iron sights on a mini 14. Is there a way to make the peep hole bigger on the rear sight? If there is, I might buy one.
>>
>>34694400
They need to make it bigger and more in appearance to that of the m1 garand and m-14. I'm sure it'd be more expensive, but anything for the A E S T H E T I C.
>>
>>34694400
Drill it out
>>
Buy a new rear sight...

Love the mini btw. It is worse than an AR in pretty much ever way, but its still a great rifle. Points so well.
>>
>>34694514
i know I know, ar15 is better than every way possible

Thing is, I want something traditional and not tacticool.
>>
File: img_0056.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
img_0056.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34694400
Tech Sights rear and then you can get their optional swappable apeture which without any of the inserts is a giant ghost ring.
>>
>>34694400
THey sell an aftermarket rear, but i just have a red dot on mine. way way better experience.
>>
>>34694487
>hey need to make it bigger and more in appearance to that of the m1 garand and m-14.
Wait, did they not do that?
>>
>>34694400
If you have a drill press you can enlarge the hole with a slightly larger drill bit.
When I enlarged my peep site on my rifle, I determined the size I wanted by checking the drill bits in the peep site of another rifle.
I forget the size bit I used but It fit in an M1 Garand.
If you are uncomfortable with that Im sure they sell larger peep sites online.
>>
File: 0704170238.jpg (958KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
0704170238.jpg
958KB, 2560x1440px
>>34694400
Do you have and old production or a newer 580+ series with the tapered barrel? Most likely you have a newer one as they come with M1 carbine style, instead of M1 Garand style rear sights. My suggestion is to locate the old Garand style as they are easier to manipulate and may be larger and what you're looking for. Me personally, I have a 582 tactical rifle and just rolled with the stock rear. FYI, if you stick with this rear, you MUST lok-tite every set screw on it. Recoil is harsh on the Mini and they will come loose. I'm a huge fan of the Mini, it is a shame they are on the endangered species list. Ruger really dropped the ball on innovation and it became too outpaced by both the AR and AK. If they went to forged parts, actually sold replacement parts, and fixed the issue with their barrels waaaay before 2005-2008~, then things would be different. I do believe however, that even as things are, that if Magpul made a Mini Pmag, that sales of the Mini would soar to new heights. Alas, we will likely never see this.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.