[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger SR9E

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Anyone have a ruger SR9E? Or just SR9? How is it?
>>
I have an SR22
>>
>>34693717
I have an SR9.
It's okay, the sights are plastic and got damaged during use, I've had occasional reliability issues with some ammo through it.

I'd just get a Glock
>>
>>34693717
>>
>>34693717
Brother has the sr9, the trigger is very stiff
>>
>>34693717
I have an sr9 its a basic polymer pistol but the sights suck, the 9e is cheaper and uses 1911 sights so theyreal cheaper to upgrade.
>>
>>34693717

i rented 9e sr9c & american compact

liked the sr9c better because it was a bit smaller & recoiled faster i think because shorter slide

otherwise the 9e was awesome great trigger very short travel, trigger gets much better after a few 100 rds the rental gun likely had 1000+ etc
>>
>>34693717
Ive shot my mommas SR9C
It's decent, out of the 205 rds we put through it with cheap ammo, the only problem that MAY have occurred is the slide might have failed to lock back once when the mag was empty. It was my mom shooting though, so i can't guarantee she didn't do something wrong. No other problems at all

My one caveat is the slide lock acts differently depending on whether or not there's a mag in

>mag in, pull slide
>slide racks normally

>mag out, pull slide
>slide locks back
>>
>>34694335
I think your greentext is backwards. The slide lock-open is activated by the magazine follower. If there are bullets in the mag it racks normally, otherwise, it locks open- except for when there is not a mag to get it to lock open.
>>
>>34693717
I borrowed a friend's SR9 for a couple months. I really liked how thin it was for its capacity. The SR9 sights were small but very precise. Hated the trigger, that and the mag safety were deal breakers for me.
>>
>>34693717
I know two people with the SR9C.
I've shot both of the guns.
With a sample size of two, I can state the following.

They have shitty ergos, sights, and triggers.
They're basically a Glock without the Glock aftermarket.
>>
Shitty strikers that break.
>>
I carry a SR9C. Love the gun. Has fired 2000+ rounds without issues that weren't caused by limpwristing faggots.

Need a new rear sight on it though. Paint from factory has always been shit on the white dots, and it is starting to fade entirely.
>>
I have the 9e, remove the magazine disconnect and its good, metal sights. well made. eats any cheap ammo I feed it. solid gun desu
>>
The 40C is my carry. The Compacts seem to be better received. A lot of people complain about the full size thumb safety location so it was altered on the 9E. The sights suck (paint actually fell out) and are a bitch and a half to adjust for windage but the mag disconnect pops right out. The trigger was gritty until I deep cleaned it and now it's crisp. Great recoil handling and ergos but the grip is too smooth. That probably won't matter on a full size 9. On the 40 at least really cheap ammo like Perfecta FTE's every 100 rounds or so but it ate through a 500 round box of Tulas just fine.

>>34697452
>I've shot both of the guns.
You clearly didn't.
>>
>>34699361
I will give him the shitty sight one. Mostly because ruger has some shit tier paint on them thar white dots.

Trigger is better than a glock trigger right out the gate though. Nigga is cray cray.
>>
>>34696678

I have a compact, and can confirm >>34694335, at least partially.

It's not every time, but it's really inconsistent about closing with no rounds in the mag. That said, I've never had it fail to hold open after a last round, only when racked manually.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.