[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KAC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: download.jpg (5KB, 328x141px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 328x141px
is KAC overpriced meme shit?
>>
Basically yes. Thats not to say its not good, but it costs far more than similar products for no clear reason other than the rollmarks.
>>
Overpriced? Yeah.

Shit? No.
>>
That is my initial reaction, but it does seem as though you are getting some quality parts for the money (gas system, E3 bolt, trigger that performs similar to Giessele SSE, etc.)

Any opinions on KAC versus DD, LaRue, and some of the other big boutique AR makers?
>>
>>34693726
Kac is still king.
Having handled several, there is a noticeable increase in quality.
That price tag still burns though
>>
>Overpriced
You bet your mother's flabby tits.
>Meme
Fucking fantastic build quality.
>>
>>34693674
>more than similar products for no clear reason other than the rollmarks.
the only gun that comes close is the LMT MARS-L and it's basically the same price and you don't get the gas tube and block improvements. That's not to say that LMT's angle gas port is bad though...

what is a meme are people buying mid tier lifestyle brands (BCM/DD/Noveske/etc) for 1k when a fucking PSA for $400 is the same gun.
>>
File: e4sbSqJ.jpg (118KB, 706x942px) Image search: [Google]
e4sbSqJ.jpg
118KB, 706x942px
>>34694010
>>Fucking fantastic build quality.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?192910-Knight-s-Armament-stripped-lowers-coming-soon

Scratched to shit, uneven anodizing, dings and dents on brand new lowers.

>> It's okay because it was made for SOCOM/DEVGRU/HIGH SPEED OPERATOR contracts that dont care about aesthetics

,said the fanboys.

People were even okay with out of spec trigger guard holes.

Great job for $200 brand new lowers that cant even beat out Aero, or even those $30 Anderson lowers.
>>
>>34695046
>buying blem lowers from a run going out of production and being pissed they're blems
>being butthurt that they actually have contracts unlike your favorite memeshit brand
lmao. the SR-16 uppers out now are from a Secret Service overrun btw. stay mad and poor. :)

kac finishes have always been shit btw.
t. kac owner.
>>
>>34694145

Can you expand on why the lifestyle brands are shit in your opinion?

Seems that many of those companies are manufacturing quality firearms.
>>
File: P1030069[1].jpg (102KB, 1024x741px) Image search: [Google]
P1030069[1].jpg
102KB, 1024x741px
they make the best irons.
>>
>>34695101
Oh look the KUC fanbois are here.
>>
>>34695627
Not that guy, but most AR parts come from only a handful of factories. The only thing these companies do is assemble the parts and maybe apply a finish to some of them. The parts you should actually splurge on - that is, the barrel and BCG - are outsourced. Some companies will rifle and chrome-line or nitride barrel blanks, but these are usually outsourced as well.
Your best bet is to just buy any receiver set, get a Toolcraft BCG (they supply BCGs for most companies), and buy a barrel from a company that does everything themselves.
>>
>>34695627
Going by his comparison to the MARS rifle, Id assume his issue is that they dont bring any new improved features like a quick change barrel and are at their core still the same gun as any other AR. Its not entirely accurate, since DD SBRs have a way more open almost overgassed gas system than a normal AR.
>>
>>34695705
>DD SBRs have a way more open almost overgassed gas system
This. It's terrible on their 10.5 upper. I just switched to an LMT upper because they actually make them to DoD spec.
>>
>>34695627
>manufacturing quality firearms.
You realize how much of Noveske's product line is farmed out, don't you? Their barrels are literally Pac-Nor barrels with the chambers reamed to their specs.
>>
>>34695046
>a lower got fucked in transit, all of KAC is shit
>>
File: 2-1.jpg (47KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2-1.jpg
47KB, 800x600px
>>34695646
Nah.
>>
>>34695745
So either KAC is shit at making the lowers or theyre shit at packaging them some they don't get damaged? Which is it?
>>
>>34695773
>Which is it?
The option where you're a butthurt retard that can't refute shit like >>34695101 and thinks packaging has anything to do with build quality
>>
>>34695046
KAC doesn't have much contracts anymore. The M110 is delivered and the A2 is a HK G28. Sopmod M4's have Daniel defense rails now and the only current shit they supply is M4 rails and rail covers
>>
>>34695046
>first post links to a product page that you have to dig three miles for a discounted KAC lower that isn't even marked SR-15, that isn't even for sale anymore
this is such a blatant production overrun offering it's stupid, no shit they're dinged up
>>
>>34695646
i really really really like that rear sight. too bad they're over a thousand smackaroos.
https://goalperformer.com/products/kac-rear-sight-200-600m-flip-up-blk-by-knights-armament-company?gclid=CjwKCAjw5PDLBRB0EiwAh-27MqaTwGcIE9EB3pVA6HK8F1iJtuopYcmt66LwrHGTLoPAW6PNp-3ubxoCgngQAvD_BwE
>>
File: 1501008763317.jpg (114KB, 862x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501008763317.jpg
114KB, 862x1024px
>>34695893
Get the Stolen Valor ones if they're still around.
>>
>>34695803
So you got nothing and resort to ad hominem huh?
>>
>>34695952
>I can openly confirm that this release was completely an effort to get lower consumer cost KAC receivers to those that would be happy with TDP type lowers. The decision to initiate a forging purchase, with parts on shelf in time for SHOT was well before the election, and the worst case scenario was that Clinton would be elected and a buying frenzy would catch us with insufficient product on shelf to meet demand. The quantity of forgings planned for this is well in excess of anything we would stock or "overrun". New production started with the "KM017XXXX" serial number range, based on a traditional TDP type drawing that was in-house from something years ago. I cannot comment as to what those were for, but when the initial demand hit, it was remembered that we had "matching" product stored away in sufficient quantity to relieve the pressure from SHOT. It was later discovered that while those parts had gone through a QC process, that process was not the same as what is currently applied to 5.56 lowers or rifles.
>>
>>34695957
It is entirely reasonable that a buyer would want to install the KAC triggerguard.
The forward protrusion of the ears that block installation of the KAC triggerguard is a result of forging dimension. When that drawing was created a different forging was used, and a different dimensional confirmation protocol than our "standard" ambi lower was used post-machining, which was rolled into the first "17" lower run. These also featured the counter-bored take-down and pivot pin holes. The same final QC process was applied to the first "17" run as was called for on the "8" run, which was TDP/mil-spec functionality driven.
>>
>>34695969
These were mistakes, as it allowed a product to reach commercial customers with a significantly higher probability of minor cosmetic blemishes (they are still type II class 3) and forging dings, or show longer "ear" protrusion that could block installation of the new KAC triggerguard without minor fitting. We knew that there would be primarily two types of customers that would buy these lowers; folks that wanted a KAC lower for guns that would be shot, and folks that wanted a neat piece of KAC history at a monumental time in US history.

>TLDR; the run that the lower you used was part of a batch that slipped through QC out of error. They were not the norm, and you're being disingenuous implying that this one upset initially caused by a Hillary-induced production ramp up that they'd never seen prior is representative of their product
>>
>>34696010
>or they make Century level junk and are riding on their name.
Read
>>34695957
>>34695969
>>34695985
The person that owned the lower in question from your picture also received a perfect replacement.
>>
>>34695773
>>34695745

Nah, it was a bunch of them. There are plenty of discussion on this topic with many more pics. So either they packaged them with rocks instead of packing peanuts, or they make Century level junk and are riding on their name.
>>
>>34696033
>> The person that owned the lower in question from your picture also received a perfect replacement.

So they're doing the Taurus and Hipoint method now? Just send it out as is, and let the consumer figure it out. We'll fix it later.

Again, it's a $200 lower we're talking about here.
>>
>>34695893
>$1k for a fucking rear sight
What the shit? I bought one of the USMC ones for like $50 off Ebay.
>>
>>34696054
Are you just going to ignore the entirity of the rest of my posts that contain vital information from their production manager? I think you're just looking for replies at this point. Later on the thread you linked, distributors confirmed that the lowers they had for sale looked fine (http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?192910-Knight-s-Armament-stripped-lowers-coming-soon/page69).

To repeat, moreso for people reading this thread than you so they aren't mislead, the KM017xxxx line suffered a mistake in forging and QC that was unique to the company. This has been rectified, and was not the norm.
>>
I used to own a SR-15E3IWS Stoner Rifle in Taupe. I no longer have it and its the biggest fucking mistake I've ever made in my entire life. I would give all 10 of my current firearms just to get that back.

Please laugh, humiliate and spit on me.
>>
>>34696054
>post pic of fucked KAC lower with serial XM-017whatever
>release from KAC says KAC lowers with the XM-017 series range had quality flaws
>only focus on the remark about customer service being performed
Now that's some serious dodging
>>
>>34696092
I see what you're saying, but I think we both have our own points of view on it.

Your point is that they fucked up and tried to fix it.

My point is that for the premium they charge, it never should have left their doors in the first place.
>>
>>34693986
>Having handled several, there is a noticeable increase in quality.
Handling a firearm is not how you measure it's quality, lol.
>>
>>34696151
>My point is that for the premium they charge, it never should have left their doors in the first place.
And the owner said if he'd do it over again they never would have. But they had a 5% return rate, and the issues have been fixed months ago, and were an anomaly. In no way, shape, or form is KAC churning out "Century level junk" outside of this isolated instance.
>>
>>34695893
I don't know what is with that California company. KAC's own website lists them at $150. I think they have misplaced a decimal point on their website.
>>
>>34693658
>is KAC overpriced meme shit?

most AR barbie doll accessories are overpriced meme shit
>>
>>34695046
What's wrong with aero? They're my #1 choice for lowers. Nothing is superior and you're literally paying more for a rollmark with oftentimes less features with anything else
>>
>>34696092
And to repeat, since you are apparently a total apologist:
>most expensive forged lower in history made by one of the most "reputable" brands
>every single last fucking one of them is defective
>KAC knows this before they ever ship
>ships them anyway
>won't even call them seconds or blems
>proceeds to fight the people calling them on the defects for MONTHS
>finally honors their own written warranty after significant negative media attention
>>
>>34695101
What SR-16 uppers? I want one.
>>
>>34696472
>since you are apparently a total apologist:
You seem upset since I am correcting your Century quality claim. I am not a KAC apologist. I simply dislike when a company that makes a good product is accused of not making a good product because of an isolated incident that has since been rectified. You can divert the subject away as much as you'd like. How they handled the debacle was unfortunate. You won't ever see me claim otherwise. But that has nothing to do with the quality of their product. That's a beef you have with CS.
>>
I hear people say that only a few factories actually make AR parts and companies basically assemble and QC them. Can anyone tell me the specific companies that actually manufacture the parts?
>>
>>34696855
Only a few companies make forgings. And by a few it's more like 12.
>>
>>34693658
They used to be pretty good but now they are just outdated and trying to stay alive with government contracts.

H&K are going to put KAC in the grave.
>>
>>34695101
not an excuse for poor QC.
>>
File: 1485754738781.jpg (61KB, 693x528px) Image search: [Google]
1485754738781.jpg
61KB, 693x528px
KAC a cute
>>
>>34696603
It's not the first time they have put out defective products though. In fact, it's not even the first time they've knowingly put out large quantities of known defective items then attempted to slander those who try to use their warranty.

They've also repeatedly, knowingly and maliciously defrauded the US and state governments by releasing known defective products then refusing to honor their contractual obligations for warranty and paid maintenance work.
>the first 1000 M110s delivered failed to meet contractually mandated accuracy specs
>tens of thousands of USMC contract 600m micro rear sights shipped with unhardened, fire blued bolts which promptly rusted and bent instead of the contractually specified phosphated grade 8 hardened bolts
>over 30,000 RAS systems shipped to the Army out of spec
>>
>>34699451
lololololol that's what happens when you're in Florida.
>>
File: 1496424100045.jpg (53KB, 538x546px) Image search: [Google]
1496424100045.jpg
53KB, 538x546px
>>34699451
That's pretty horrible. Post link please.
>>
>>34696315
Handling is exactly how you see quality, lol
Reliability, accuracy are determined by shooting, lol
You sound like a fag, lol
>>
>>34699451
>tens of thousands of USMC contract 600m micro rear sights shipped with unhardened, fire blued bolts which promptly rusted and bent instead of the contractually specified phosphated grade 8 hardened bolts
sounds like that's where my ebay special came from
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.