[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ommandos dream game? Escape From Tarkov.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
Guys, I think /v/ and /k/ had a Russian baby.

Thoughts on this game? I preordered to get into closed beta and the keys are sent out next week. Retarded graphical fidelity, realistic handling/recoil, authentic location based body armor simulation, proper ballistics, gun collision (longer guns are clumsier indoors, shorter ones aren't), dynamic stances (no cover system, you hold a modifier and roll the mouse wheel to adjust how high or low you crouch/stand to maximize cover), jamming system based off weapon durability, best of all, super detailed gun customization. My gun nut boner is diamond hard. Plenty of raifus to be made.

Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Pc5NqGNes
>>
>>34692791
watching the video now. this looks really fun. lol @ the customization of the mak. tfw no mak with a drum mag
>>
It's a typical shit early access game that will never be finished.
>>
File: macdrum.jpg (206KB, 1800x1013px) Image search: [Google]
macdrum.jpg
206KB, 1800x1013px
Good news. It's already in.
>>
>Scammy russian devs
>Empty skinner-box gameplay
>Only modes PVP
>Hackers galore
>Other content "promised" post release, though the devs have already been paid, so thats not gonna happen
Fuck that, at least Survarium was free. Besides, pimpmygun is not enough to carry a game, it has to actually be fun to play, hence why GR:W failed.
>>
>>34692803 Idk I've been watching gameplay and news for weeks, if I preorder anything Early Access I do just that.

They constantly add lots of stuff and the game has jumped very far optimization wise.

It doesn't look like LayzDayz is what I'm saying. Guess I can't knock being cynical about early access though. Just after a good hard look this appears to be higher quality.
>>
>>34692814
Idk combat looks really good.

Stance system is good. Like Arma 3 but refined. Also it has that badass dynamic speed system from Splinter Cel l1 PC (alt + roll mouse adjusts speed from near jog all the way down to silent creeping). I just looks a little better than you think.
>>
>>34692814
there is pve m8, do a little more research, and its in early closed beta of course theres hackers.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVs3ksCtN3I
>>
>>34692791
still waiting on my closed beta inv
>>
>>34692883
They said it's releasing in waves over the week. Earliest preorders get it at the start of the week. Latest preorders at the end. I preordered literally yesterday lol.
>>
>>34692897
Got mine a moth ago, so I'll probably be pretty late.
I like how they said it was coming this month and waited to the last 4 days of the month to release it.
>>
>>34692908
Yeah Arma 3 did that with their release of that Apex Expansion the month of release. Annoying.
>>
It's linear garbage just like metro.

no fuck no

Make it a STALKER clone or I dont even want to touch it

dont care how good the graphics and story is.
>>
>>34692930
That's not even close to accurate. It has several separate, modest sized open levels, like STALKER. You have to do missions in all the areas and thenn all of them except for one connect together as one map in an endgame "sandbox mode". It's similar to STALKER's linearity with a postgame freeplay mod installed.
>>
>>34692814

This, you people are slow if you're just finding out about this game.
>>
File: 1497365426489.gif (3MB, 173x267px) Image search: [Google]
1497365426489.gif
3MB, 173x267px
>>34692930
>he fell for the open-world meme
>>
>>34692791
Half the stuff you listed could be a feature list from ARMA so nothing new or revolutionary, then
>jamming system based off weapon durability
makes me instantly cringe, since pretty much every time someone tries to do this it ends up equating to anything not in pristine condition jams after half a dozen rounds, and a few mags is enough to trash your gun from pristine to 'might as well throw it at the enemy instead' condition.

MAYBE they wont fuck that up, maybe the rest of the game will actually be good, but the fact they've focussed on PVP is already a huge turnoff for alot of people that just want STALKER:Modern Game Engine. At best it's yet another early access game to wait and see if it's worth picking up a few months after full release, assuming of course it actually gets to that point before the devs run out of preorder money and just kick a half finished beta version out as 1.0 and call it a day.
>>
File: 1491853519923.jpg (1MB, 2268x1503px) Image search: [Google]
1491853519923.jpg
1MB, 2268x1503px
>>34692930
>linear
lmao it's a PVP game first. It's nothing like STALKER, and was never intended to be.

>>34692970
I understand all the worries and stuff, but the devs are actually making the game and updating frequently. They'r also pretty active on their forums with receiving feedback. Closed beta is out now so you can buy it for $45 and get in when they send you an invite (they're currently sending invites to everyone who preordered in order of who bought when). Watch some videos and streams if you're interested. It's buggy at times, but just going in and trying to build up your loot so you can gear up and go in and murder people is fun. But if you're looking for STALKER 2, it's never going to be that, so fuck off and stop complaining.
>>
>>34692970
>Mentions jamming/durability as a problem
>Mentions him/others want it to be like STALKER

You one of them retard type people boy?
>>
Did someone really compare it to Ghost Recon Wildlands? Yeah that game had a lot of customization but the combat was shallow arcade garbo.
>>
>>34692791
It's garbage. Limited to tiny areas.

Better as single player game IMO.
>>
>>34693019
I'm hyped but I can't blame people who haven't watched about 4 hours of livestreams and even more YT videos and followed the game (to see it is actually a genuine effort with quality) to be anything other than cynical when they see "Early Access game made by Russians".
>>
>>34693048
>muh uneventful running around for 12 hours in a map the size of Kansas

Game doesn't have 100 players per instance, it's dense and still about Battlefield map size dense with buildings and also dozens of AI bandits.

Density is better than a big open field. It's also probably far easier to bug fix on such a manageable scale. Unlike layzdayz
>>
>>34693022
How many games actually do weapon durability without it being retarded? They always make it stupid because generally speaking you do not fuck your gun up from normal use fast enough for it to be a gameplay feature, so they increase wear rates for it to be worth including the feature. Which makes it retarded to anyone with the slightest concept of how guns work.

>>34693019
>>34693022
I make the STALKER comparision and it nearly always gets brought up when this game is mentioned because when it was very first announced they were "yeah we're basically making a modern STALKER" and lots of people went "hey cool" in response, until a little while later they turned round with "uh actually we're gonna make yet another 'realistic' open-ish world multiplayer shooter" at which point interest somewhat dropped.

Like I said it might turn out to eventually be decent as (yet another) open world survival shooter, but until it's actually done and finished I'll stay firmly un-hyped, because like many people now I've seen so fucking many cool looking early concepts crash and burn during early access that I really don't see the point getting excited purely off a games potential anymore.

Oh and $45 for early access? Fuck no.
>>
>>34693131
I've never seen the devs say it's like STALKER. Obviosuly the setting's aesthetic is. But that's about it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.