[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Navy to blame in fatal Fitzgerald collision"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/07/21/news-report-navy-to-blame-in-fatal-fitzgerald-collision/

I remember the apologists trying to pull stuff out of their ass why Fitz wasn't at fault when it was pretty clear back then that according to the rules, Crystal had the right of way.
>>
>>34691331
A merchant ship rammed into a war ship weeks ago.

Who the fuck gives a fuck?
>>
>>34691338
Obviously you do. It made you click the thread, take time to formulate a retort and then post it.
>>
Not as funny as the Filipino Navy having shit ships lol.
>>
>>34691350
You seem to mistake drunken not caring with issue-at-hand not caring, my friend.

Hell, I care more that I got a response than anything about this thread. Announced sage.
>>
>>34691363
Second post. That's a lot of time you're spending on something that you supposedly don't give a fuck about.
I guess there are people on /k/ who really don't give a fuck. Know what they do? Don't click the thread.
>>
"i-i-i-it's not the secretary of the navy's fault for ordering ridiculous emcon standards. It's the captains fault for not being awake while his tranny fag mutt crew were all jerking off too hentai!"

if the ships passive surface radar were active there would have been automatic emergency signals. retarded to order ships too where buckets over their heads within 50km of Japanese ports.
>>
>>34691331
>Navy to blame in fatal Fitzgerald collision
Well obviously. Anyone with any knowledge of maritime maneuvering conventions could say the Fitzgerald should have given way. Hell, even if we ignore everything, the Fitz still is the more mobile ship and the one who actually could avoid a collision if everything goes south.
>The officials also told CNN the Fitzgerald crew failed to acknowledge the cargo ship approaching, and failed to take preventive measures.
>There was also no indication the ship sounded a collision alarm, which would have alerted sleeping crew members to the looming collision, sources said.
This is what happens when discipline goes lax and people are not doing their jobs. Sailors died because some fuckwit was having a wank or railing the local cum receptable, instead of doing his job.
>>
>>
Still shaking my head at one of the most high-tech, fastest and most maneuverable warships of earth getting buttfucked by what amounts to a motorized iceberg.
>>
>>34691945
>still posting the morning after the night before incorrect timed infographic
i was literally called a retard over and over for saying that the collision happened at the intial sharp turn here. /k/ is full of retards that think the us navy is some kind of guardian angel and cargo ships are terrorists vessels
>>
>>34692172
In fairness, the navy being retarded doesn't preclude you being retarded.
>>
>>34691375
>>34691350
>if you respond to my bullshit you must care about me and love me
Fuck off with your wish fulfillment fallacies.
>>
>>34692196
except i'm not retarded in my suggestion that the collusion happened at the turn away from toyoma island because it was confirmed by the japanese and finally the us navy
people were seriously suggesting that the cargo ship went haywire or some shit or intentionally steered into the defenseless ddg
than when i bring up the russian intel ship that was sunk (without casualties) they turned into total lunatics. /k/ is host to DoD pysops for sure
>>
>>34691331
Jesus Christ the US Navy is so shit, really the entire US military.

Just like the rest of the country I suppose.
>>
File: 1490116826743.jpg (124KB, 818x890px) Image search: [Google]
1490116826743.jpg
124KB, 818x890px
>>34691331
Remember how joyful you were when the same thing happened to Russians not days prior that incident?
You were jacking off from happiness.
Then the same happened to USS Fitzgerald, but you were salty for some reason.
Also the Russians saved the crew, but the americans had to cut up the shit to extract the carcasses which were salty, kinda like coc/k/suckers.
Hmmmmm? Cat got your peepee?
Hmmmmm?
Why did you not talk about it? Salty carcasses of the worlds most expensive navy.
Hmmmmm?
>>
File: toomuch.jpg (61KB, 534x749px) Image search: [Google]
toomuch.jpg
61KB, 534x749px
>>
File: 124541154.jpg (57KB, 952x911px) Image search: [Google]
124541154.jpg
57KB, 952x911px
>>
File: 1473601835488.jpg (93KB, 791x427px) Image search: [Google]
1473601835488.jpg
93KB, 791x427px
>>34692416
>>34692419
>>34692427
>>
>>34692416
The two incidents rrally show how superior US damage control is to russian damage control. The Fitzgerald had a hole below the waterline big enough to drive a large van through.
The russian tub got bumped by a ship almost the same size as themselves and the russian crew panicked and abandoned ship.
Really show American steel eyed bravery compared to russian weak cowardice.
>>
Can this ship be repaired? Because its looks like the main hull wrecked.
>>
wtf? /k/ told me that all this incident was caused by pinoy and that US navy were the best sailors?
>>
>>34691331
So after reading the article it pretty much changed nothing.

The Cargo ship still hit the Navy Ship due to it's own errors. Where the Navy is at "fault" is that it was a "preventable" collision provided they completely followed their own SOP which they didn't.

Pretty much look at it as if a car was about to ram you on the sidewalk but you did nothing to get out of the way when you could. The car was still in the wrong but it's your "fault" because you could've jumped or gotten out of the way before it hit you.

Even if the ship was running EMCON they should've still had watch standers with MkII eyeballs and binocs that should've spotted the ship with ample time for maneuvers along with passive sensors/ESM that would've also spotted it well before collision.

Even if the Cargo ship was pulling a USS Cole and blatantly steaming directly at the ship with full intention of ramming for destruction, it would STILL be the Navies fualt for not seeing it in time and getting out of the way. The Navy exemplifies "With ultimate command comes ultimate responsibility".
>>
>>34692527
the carcasses must have sharted a freedom shart before becoming salty forever
>>
So who is the person responsible for paying for all damages?

I bet it'll be taken out of tax money.

As usually is the case
>>
>>34692557

Pinoys are clearly the master naval race.
>>
>>34692273
>put words in my mouth i never uttered
yeah whatever
>>
>>34691331
Honest to God, how the fuck does this even happen? There are so many things that should have been done that weren't done it's incredible to even fathom this happening.

Our Navy is going to be in for a rude awakening should we ever go to war.
>>
>>34692599
>being this much in denial
holy shit
>>
>>34692599

You give way to ships on your right, this is literally the law of the sea.
>>
>>34693975
>right
>at sea
Starboard you land bound fuckface.
>>
>>34694050
Helmsman of the Fitzgerald here, some should have fucking told me that "starboard" means right!
>>
>>34694050

I'm explaining to people who have no idea.
>>
>>34692599
>The Cargo ship still hit the Navy Ship due to it's own errors.

No it didn't.

>>34693975
>Starboard
Odds are the fags on the Fitzgerald don't know what that means
>>
Hmm?
>>
>>34694072
Dank poast, 10/10 m'lad
>>
File: 1498360507701.gif (165KB, 313x474px) Image search: [Google]
1498360507701.gif
165KB, 313x474px
>>34691949
>>
>>34692298
the thing is everyone else is worse.
>>
>>34692557
surface radar off while in a certain proximity of Japan, and sailors not doing their job
>>
>>34693945
Well, the weird thing is the cargo ship's turning around to ram them.

Preliminary investigation suggests that it was a failure of culture aboard the Fitzgerald. Both the navigation team, and its shadow team neglected to speak up about the possible danger. Why don't your navigation teams feel that they are not able to speak up? I imagine that this will be the career ender of several officers.
>>
>>34693975
>>34693946
>>34694408
Rule 13 (Overtaking)
(a) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Rules of Part B, Sections I and II, any vessel overtaking any other shall keep out of the way of the vessel being overtaken.

(b) A vessel shall be deemed to be overtaking when coming up with another vessel from a direction more than 22.5° abaft her beam, that is, in such a position with reference to the vessel she is overtaking, that at night she would be able to see only the sternlight of that vessel but neither of her sidelights.

(c) When a vessel is in any doubt as to whether she is overtaking another, she shall assume that this is the case and act accordingly.

(d) Any subsequent alteration of the bearing between the two vessels shall not make the overtaking vessel a crossing vessel within the meaning of these Rules or relieve her of the duty of keeping clear of the overtaken vessel until she is finally past and clear.
>>
>>34694591
Cargo ship didn't turn around to ram them. The cargo ship turned around after ramming them because the ships autopilot was the only one on the bridge during the collision and it powered it's way through the ram and back on course. Once the Flip crew woke up and realized they'd rammed something they turned around to provide assistance if needed, afterwards returning to course.

Each side is at fault for it's own reasons.
>>
>>34694758
>this kind of denial
unbelievable
>>
>>34694910
>international maritime line
>denial

If it had been another cargo ship that had been hit then this shit wouldn't of even been on the news but, because it was a Military Vessel that had the "capability" and know how that it should've been able to avoid the collision on its own makes it news.

The Cargo Ship did not follow Maritime Law, the US Navy Ship did not follow SOP for watch standers and lookouts and as such the collision happened. If the US Navy properly followed their own SOP they should've been able to recognize the threat in time and avert the disaster by moving out of the way, this does nothing to diminish the fact that the initial incident is started by the cargo container not following LAW.
>>
>>34694995
>international maritime line
law* not line
>>
>>34694995
>trying to explain COLREGS to people who can't understand and call anything but "USN 100% at fault xaxaxaxa" denial
Don't bother, bud. You can't reason someone out of an opinion they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.
>>
>>34694782
>nobody was at the bridge
How.
>>
>>34695111
Autopilot. The crew of the cargo ship freely admit that they didn't have anyone on the bridge.
>>
>>34695170
this is what happens when your country is 60% white with laughable education standards and low recruitment standards.

i bet the LGBTQ++ sailors even prayed to Jesus before they drowned 'defending' the meme that is America.
>>
>>34694995
kek it's the same apologism as right after the incident.
This denial is simply mindboggling. It reminds me of Putinfanboys who still denied Russian troops in Crimea even after Putin himself acknowledged it.
>>
>>34695221
I fail to see how the cargo ship being on autopilot without anyone at the helm has anything to do with anything you said.

Unless you are just a troll posting memes poorly.

In which case, congratulations, +1 (You).
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
Naming a ship "fitzgerald" seems like you're just asking for trouble....
>>
>>34692416
Sounds like you need to be liberated. Hopefully we have been delivering democracy to your country you low life piece of shit.
>>
>>34695317
Not if you're Gordon Lightfoot
>>
>>34694782
I wonder, if the Fitz was unable to call for help, wouldn't the prudent decision be to ram the ship again, cut it in two under the cargo ship's bulk, and leave the sailors to drown with no distress call raised?
After all, dead men cannot take you to court for negligence...
>>
>>34692172
Better?
>>
>>34691824
Adderall just kick in?
>>
File: waaaaaaaaaaaat.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
waaaaaaaaaaaat.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
>>34692599
>mkII eyeballs
>mkII
>eyeballs
>mk
>II
>eyeballs
>>
>>34698319
>dead men cannot take you to court for negligence...
If people die due to negligence then you can be taken to court. That's actually like the best reason to take one to court when dealing with negligence.
>>
>>34692416
>50 rubles have been deposited in your account
>>
>>34695545
Hmmmm?
>>
>>34691338
people that pay taxes
>>
>>34695265
Yes they invaded it, took it and its full of russians anyway. They still hold it and its even safe for the midget himself to walk on it to address the russians on that peninsula.
What the fuck happens now?
Russians literally marched in a potential NATO member state and carved it up.
What now?
>>
>>34691331
of course the navy is to blame
>more maneuverable
>24hr bridge crew
>radar
even if the merchant was trying to ram the navy ship, it shouldn't have even gotten within a NM.
>>
>>34691338
Shut the fuck up, sweet summer child.
>>
>>34702062
Vision corrected, polarized lenses.
>>
>>34702074
>>34698319
There is very easy military and civilian precedence to find the night watch bridge crew guilty of criminal negligence.
>>
File: 1460120987952.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
1460120987952.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>34702638
tragedies are not funny
Stop it
>>
>>34702646
Are you under the influence?
>>
File: 1470651996848.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470651996848.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>>34702638
>that bottom left one
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.