[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NYC is in range of Nork ICBM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

So, now that most of the US can be nuked by North Korea, what is going to happen?
>>
nothing
>>
>Implying NK wouldn't be turned into a fucking crater if they considered firing on any Western country
>>
>>34689616
What did happen when US found out that USSR build a nuke back in 1949?
>>
>>34689638
>>34689666
>>34689674
>this is /k/ during summer vacation
please don't comment if you're just going to spout memes and meaningless drivel
>>
>>34689679

>LOL summer day/k/are. hahaha newfags get out lul

What the fuck do you think would happen, dipshit? You finally get to live out your Red Dawn fantasies?
>>
Nothing, North Korea is going to do what literally every other second rare nuclear power (ie everybody but the US and Russia) will do and adopt a second strike doctrine. The US is a much bigger threat to NK than they are to us. Frankly they don't really bother anybody, unlike America.
>>
I will take Nork bluffing for 10k
>>
>>34689718
What if they use their new found capability to deter US action?

For example, once they demonstrate that they can hit the US mainland with a nuclear warhead, the question becomes are you willing to sacrifice your home to defend the DPRK
>>
>>34689746
>What if they use their new found capability to deter US action?

Take it a step further; what happens when everyone emulates North Korea?
>>
>>34689728
It's not NK's word that tells us that they can reach NY, it was a recent missile test that tells us that they can.

However, if they do actually try to hit the US it's probably just going to get cock blocked by like 40 thousand anti-missle defences that we have and Un putting his pigglet head on the chopping block.

NK Kalash kit imports when?
>>
>>34689616
>what is going to happen?
Nothing.
Because it would be suicide for them.
Why is everyone freaking out about this.
If the Chinese won't help, let S. Korea develop it's own nukes, and we pull out.
We've been here 50 yrs, fuk'em.
>>
>>34690467
We get to invade all the countries.
>>
>>34689746

SK will be building its own nukes soon.

Japan will probably start building fixed wing carriers.

China can bitch and moan, but they did nothing to stop NK from getting nuclear capability.
>>
File: 1501304416853.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1501304416853.gif
1MB, 320x180px
The Long Dong today as seen from Japan
>>
>>34689616
Their Master (China) won't let them.
>>
>>34689616
>Taepondong-2 range ~8,000 km

Not quite, chicken little. Alaska, Hawaii, and Seattle is about it. But they are improving. See the range map:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taepodong-2
>>
>>34691015
wrong one anon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwasong-14
have you not checked the news since last month?
>>
>>34690873

Can't be Japan, they didn't pixelate the dong.
>>
File: 1444244366511.jpg (188KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1444244366511.jpg
188KB, 1462x1462px
>>34689616
>it took 45 minutes for their missile to travel 620 miles
Not really worried. No way their missiles can reach the west coast.
>>
>>34691015

See >>34691019

The H-14 is probably at 10,000 km

It's also road mobile, and it can probably fit in the subs they're building

No MIRV, but ~20 KT will still fuck up whatever it hits
>>
>>34691097
Should just stop pussyfooting around and follow through on the fucking threats.
I'm talking about any side this blue balling is agony.
>>
Eventually a test missile is going to hit Japan, not the sea around Japan. Wonder if that'll get the international community to put it in the nork's pooper.

If China was smart about this they'd be working with the US on a simultaneous north and south invasion. Eventually fat boy is going to do something stupid resulting in a red white and blue cock being shoved up his ass with enough force to shake the planet. The better move would be to deal with him. Better to crush him with forces under your control while strengthening relations than to wait for lard ass to piss off the US for the last time.

It is not in China's best interest to allow fatty Kim to remain in power. They'd seriously be better off with the ROK absorbing the norks. A buffer state that constantly directly and indirectly threatens the superpower you're using it as a buffer from is worse than no buffer at all. It's especially bad when that buffer state contributes nothing and the superpower is probably your single most important trade partner.
>>
>>34689616
can any source, beside north korea himself, actually prove it that they are able to do this?
>>
My main question is why the hell the nork missiles are not blown to shit the moment they leave nork airspace.
>>
>>34691097
it's not even confirmed that they can miniaturize a warhead yet. They also don't have enough missiles to actually overwhelm US defences, neither the balls to really attack, because they will get their shit pushed in in a missile exchange with the US.
>>
>>34691139
why do you think you can destroy anything flying over the international waters
>>
>>34691143
Oh, idk, maybe because they're a rogue state under all the sanctions actively trying to nuke up? At the very least the moment they hit Jap airspace they ought to fry.
>>
>>34689679
Yeah! If only we had more posters like you, friend.
>>
>>34689616
It gets shot down by US anti-missile systems because it has practically no standoff capabilities and in retaliation for trying the US bombs the Norks back to the stoneage.
>>
>>34691149
there is a difference between sanctions (those are basically "we don't want to trade with you, you are mean") and an act of open war

also "rogue state" is a buzzword
>>
>>34690889
Even though they would probably fail horribly trying, why shouldn't China? If the US gets nuked by NK that knocks out one of their major rivals and basically ensures that they are the strongest nation in the world in return for a shitty little parasite that is consuming more resources than it produces.
>>
>>34691149
>rogue state

Real life isn't your Tom Clancy wankfest, North Korea isn't any more of a ''rogue state'' then South Africa, Israel, Pakistan or India was during their respective nuclear tests.
>>
>>34691173
If there is any nation on this planet that fits that title it's definitely the norks. At the very least they're god tier saber rattlers, how long can they cry wolf before shit actually goes down?
>>
>>34691141
Everyone is gonna keep saying that until the Norks do what the Chinese did.

We kept saying China couldn't mate a working nuke to a working ICBM. So they did, and nuked the Gobi desert.

I expect North Korea to either nuke the ocean or if they're feeling really frisky, nuke space and fry some sats.
>>
>>34691191
Forever, since absolutely no one will ever do anything about a bit of rhetoric. Do you honestly believe that the NK is lead by zealous idiots?
>>
>>34691173

i agree that it's a shitty state, albeit i doubt they are really dangerous, at least before they collapse, but that phrase doesn't really have any legal meaning or something

destroying their missiles would be an act of war that is begun by those who destroy them. considering that they have nukes i don't think it's a wise move unless you are fully prepared for the war

>>34691191

it's pretty much like last chinese warnings, asians love to talk a lot
>>
>>34689616
Disappointment that they didn't glass San Fran.
>>
the first part of the post was to >>34691191
>>
>>34689679
expecting america to get btfo by some zips that can barely feed their own people.

>norks shoot glorious leaders missile of destruction at the US
>US shoots it down with some anti-missile missile or some air defense
>US proceeds to turn north Korea into just Korea with more jdams and tomahawks then have been used in all 14 years of iraq
>no nukes because then we would be the bad guys
>all the world stands by and watches what is basically a pro boxer punching a disabled kid.
>next time you hear about korea in the news would be everyone sending aid to help the south deal with the new influx of citizens.

there is no scenario in which the norks would ever be able to come out on top, even if they had Pakistani tier nukes.
>>
>>34691141

They showed a video of a warhead.

It's small enough for their missiles.

It's an implosion device about the size of a large beach ball.
>>
>>34690806
That doesnt answer the question.
>>
>>34691039
Kek
>>
>>34689616
Crazy fat kid is going to be vaporized by Minuteman II.

Honestly though, I think this necessitates a US intervention of some sort.
>>
>>34691132
A joint operation would be ideal but China is too afraid of having a united democratic Korea on their boarder. They don't want any more western influence that could possibly destabilize their own regime.
>>
>>34692518

Well, if everyone has nukes, then no one can use them as a bullying chip, yes?

SK should have their own, so that NK can't bully them with such.
>>
File: 5xdair6g.jpg (245KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
5xdair6g.jpg
245KB, 850x638px
>>34689616
Well they have threatened to nuke NYC and Washington DC. Probably nothing until they can develop a nuclear warhead on the missile though. They claim they just need the nukes for self-defense and don't want to end up like Gaddafi's regime after he quit his nuke program.
>>
>>34692964
>They claim they just need the nukes for self-defense and don't want to end up like Gaddafi's regime after he quit his nuke program.

guess you should blame usa for destroying any regime that can't defend itself with nukes, norks have a point
>>
>>34689638
FPBP
>>
>>34691015
>Taepodong-2
>ICBM
Not even the Norks pretend it is.
>>
>>34692971
>guess you should blame usa for destroying any regime that can't defend itself with nukes, norks have a point

Europe initiated that one, and the USA contributed heavily towards making it work.
>>
Nk has few enough missiles that America's ballistic missile defense system could actually have full protection/coverage.
>>
>>34689616
Absolute drivel. Seriously KYS with your mosin, you mlp faggot.

NK can NOT nuke the US. They are still years away from being able to reach the US with a heavy warhead, much less land anywhere in the US even if they were aiming for Kansas. They don't have the range or any semblance of accuracy.

They are incredibly lucky each time they test a rocket that manages to leave the ground.
>>
>>34693108
>Nk has few enough missiles that America's ballistic missile defense system could actually have full protection/coverage.

Knowledge is the most dangerous weapon of all, and they're very close now to having a complete package of Nuclear Weapon and Delivery Vehicle that can be sold in whole or in part to any sufficiently high bidder. North Korea gets glassed, or Nuclear non-proliferation is dead.
>>
>>34691042
Because they fired it straight up, reaching and altitude of 2,500km.
>>
>>34693186
Yesterday's test reached 3,700 kilometers.
>>
>>34693132
>NK is not glassed and recreationalnuccs could be a reality very soon
wtf i like norks now?
>>
>>34693132
>Implying that France didn't sold nuclear tech to Pakistan and Israil
You wanna keep Nuclear non-proliferation - glass Pakistan and kill AREVA.
>>
>>34692957
>SK should have their own, so that NK can't bully them with such.
So how long do you think it will take the South to catch up to the DPRK in terms of nuclear capability, and do you think the North will sit by while the South races to nuclear parity?
>>
Based norks desu. If other countries have nuclear weapons why shouldn't they be able too? However if they choose to use them they must expect what may come.

t. Westerner
>>
>>34691178
It would take a lot more nukes than NK has or could conceivably make to take out the US
>>
>>34690522
Pretty sure China would get to ping pong before the US under the guise that they're gonna help the norks, then once theres a couple tank divisions around the great leader's hiding hole they'll tell all the norks to surrender and give up their arms or be killed. All guns will be recycled for use as car bodies or something.

Then the chinks would say "see china stop war war 3, US suck!"
>>
>>34691042
They shot it with a very high parabolic arc you complete fucking moron
>>
>>34689616
nothing fpbp

good let them then execute all the military command that failed to act for dereliction of duty
>>
File: 1484282548584.png (126KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1484282548584.png
126KB, 325x325px
>>34691404
>US proceeds to turn north Korea into just Korea
>>
>>34689718
WAT? Firing ICBM's isn't bothering anyone? Ask the Japanese and South Koreans if they agree with that.
>>
>>34692910
Can you imagine a US/Chinese joint invasion of North Korea, Jesus Christ I think my cock would literally reach out of the observable universe.
>>
>>34696901
>US/Chinese joint invasion of North Korea
>Now it's North-North Korea and South-North Korea
>Second Korean war
>>
File: Why Elmo Drinks.jpg (44KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
Why Elmo Drinks.jpg
44KB, 600x610px
>>34691039
underated bost
>>
>>34693110
If they ever launch, I hope it misses and nukes Canada instead
>>
>>34695977
I don't give a fuck about some ricefarmer having nukes. What annoys me is everyone elses posturing and not doing what they promised/threatened they'd do if the ricefarmer kept testing these nukes.
>>
>>34689616
>NYC Nuked
fingers crossed
>>
>>34689616
Please can we just nuke everything already? I've had food and ammo stockpiled for months and I'm getting sick of waiting to live out my Mad Max / Fallout fantasy.
>>
>>34697851
t. bitter upstater with an inferiority complex over how those dang dirty liberals are subsidizing most of the rest of the state
>>
>>34691188
Yeah but all those countries (even pakistan) had competent enough leaders who knew the risks of brandishing nuclear weapons. Can you really expect that from lil' Kim?
>>
>>34698284
None of those countries have openly stated and credible ambitions to conquer their immediate neighbor in the near future, either.
>>
Would US ABM systems be useful against whatever the Norks have?

Moreover, would it be practical to shoot down an ICBM shortly after it launches? For example, if you managed to achieve air superiority around launch sites (although I imagine the nukes would have launched long before that happens in any realistic scenario).
>>
>>34698390
>Would US ABM systems be useful against whatever the Norks have?

THAAD was specifically built to counter the kind of strikes that might be organized by North Korea.

>Moreover, would it be practical to shoot down an ICBM shortly after it launches? For example, if you managed to achieve air superiority around launch sites (although I imagine the nukes would have launched long before that happens in any realistic scenario).

Immediately after launch is the second easiest time to shoot one down (the easiest is before it launches).
>>
>>34697851
>Not SanFran
NYC has some neat stuff at least. Canned sunshine being opened in the Bay area would devastate neo-progressives and potentially turn California purple.
>>
>>34689616
Nothing of value would be lost
>>
Does the North know the exact impact point in the ocean somehow? Don't they need that data for accuracy or can they extrapolate it from telemetry?
>>
>>34689616
As a Best Coast resident, I must admit to feeling relief.
>>
>>34689679
butthurt lateposter detected
>>
>>34696079
I can't wait for September.
>>
>>34700736
telemetry should be enough from that, and with such a steep trajectory isn't good for accuracy tests anyways. Also as far as i know they didn't test a post boost vehicle with that test which is needed to significantly improve accuracy.
>>
>>34696938
>this process keeps repeating forever untill the DMZ is the width of a planck length
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.