[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gun investment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: CZ.jpg (80KB, 619x432px) Image search: [Google]
CZ.jpg
80KB, 619x432px
are guns a good investment? are they recession safe?
>>
No.
>>
>>34689214
would the price of ARs right now is it the time to buy more?
>>
>>34689196
Not really, most guns dont hold much monetary value.

Guns are a more practical purchase than an investment.
>>
They're like cars, they lose value the second you sign the dotted line and only a handful ever get to become collector's items.
>>
>>34689253
what if the government banned new semi-autos and grandfathered in existing ones. then they would.
>>
>>34689275
What if Congress made me King? What if it rained gumdrops? What if frogs had wings?
>>
>>34689248
Do you think the cost of producing ARs is going to outpace inflation?

Do you think a 2017 AR is going to be a collectors piece in your lifetime?
>>
>>34689248
Speculating on lowers might be a good idea. Easy to story and cheap as shit right now

>>34689275
Then it's time to start shooting niggas so those guns were a good plan
>>
>>34689292
except my question is pretty close to fruition in several states.

>>34689315
if I buy and destroy all the other ARs lol.

what about buying russian Aks on the basis of our diplomatic relationship with them getting worse?
>>
>>34689275
>"check out my pre-ban magazines," the gunshow vendor shouted. The year was 2017 and two relics were at his table that day.
>>
>>34689316
can you tell me more about lowers? I've seen discussions about different percent lowers,etc. I dont mind putting money in thaat
>>
also sort of unrelated but I want a side hustle, is manufacturing ammo profitable?
>>
>>34689316
>Speculating on lowers might be a good idea
Do you think they're somehow going to become significantly more expensive to manufacture in the future?

>>34689332
>except my question is pretty close to fruition in several states.
My state has an AWB. Prebans cannot be transferred. That was a peculiarity of the Federal AWB, and one not likely to be repeated if reenacted.

>>34689315
>what about buying russian Aks on the basis of our diplomatic relationship with them getting worse?
The import ban happened years ago. The time for buying cheap Russian AKs is long gone. But you can still buy American, so there's little point in seeking out a Russian AK at current prices.

>>34689347
>I've seen discussions about different percent lowers
80% is a term people use to refer to firearm receivers that haven't had the pocket for the fire control group drilled out, so the ATF doesn't legally consider them firearms yet.

There's nothing to put your money into. They're just half finished gun blanks, usually sold for the same price as a fully finished receiver to fashionable dipshits.

If you want to invest, just buy into a fucking index fund. They generally outperform inflation nicely. Dumb nigger.
>>
>>34689292
>what if frogs had wings?

Fund it.
>>
>>34689502
I have an IRA chief, I just want to diversify my port-holio. also demand has a greater impact on price than the cost to produce it. idiot.
>>
>>34689196
Guns are just a commodity at this point.
>>
>>34689196
Not really an investment, but my retirement plan includes my Vaquero and one round.
>>
>>34689196
Adjusting for inflation, the best ROI I've seen on milsurps hasn't more than 3% per year, which is less than what you get from just investing in broad market ETFs. And that's if you

1. Keep the guns in good condition
2. The guns you choose actually become a collector's item

So it actually becomes more than a gamble than the stock market.
>>
>>34689885
>also demand has a greater impact on price than the cost to produce it.

Only if you're trying to gouge people during a panic. That's not investing, that's wild speculation.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.