[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun safes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20170728-215356.jpg (424KB, 1404x1835px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170728-215356.jpg
424KB, 1404x1835px
Looking for a decent gun safe, preferably one that can fit under my bed and is biometric. Any suggestions for one that's reliable and affordable. I'm not a big fan of safes that require keys, but I wouldn't be 100% opposed to one that requires a combination. Pic related, one of the ones I'm looking at.
>>
Why do you want a safe?
>>
>>34688660
Because I live with my sister who's on probation and I don't 100% trust her. Also I have a nephew who comes over frequently and I don't want him blowing his brains out.
>>
>>34688700
Why exactly does it have to be biometric?

Why are you keeping it loaded? If you're planning on using it for HD then why put it in a safe? I'm genuinely confused
>>
>>34688722
Biometric because I know that I don't have to worry about someone guessing the combination or finding my key to it.

>Implying a safe makes HD more difficult than leaving it in your bedside drawer

Come on, are you saying a safe is pointless for HD?
>>
>>34688743
>Implying a safe makes HD more difficult than leaving it in your bedside drawer
I absolutely goddamn am implying that. I don't keep my HD gun in a drawer. I've got a 9mm 30rd mag DA/SA on an empty chamber with the hammer back so all I need to do is rack the slide sitting ON my dresser, a 12ga by the bedroom door, a 12ga in the living room and a Hi-Point in my shower
>>
Most of the affordable biometrics are fake and use combination button presses. There are better alternatives. Your best solution is clearly to get rid of your sister because that's trouble brewing.
>>
>>34688811
Wish I could but I'm still living with you parents and they're dumb as rocks when it comes to shit like that.
>>
>>34688743
Every second counts in HD that being said, LOCK THAT SHIT UP. Use a combo one, they won't guess it but it shouldn't be too,hard to get into in a rush. Or get tactical walls desk or some,thimg and domt tell,them
>>
>>34688793
What about your fedora? Do you at least keep that in a safe?
>>
>>34688851
Thank you for giving me a justifiable answer. Good point.
>>
>>34688864
enjoy getting raped in the shower
>>
>>34688899
I'll take that as a yes?
>>
>>34688907
Seriously though I hope you get stabbed trying to load mags after you just woke up to the sound of a window breaking
>>
>>34688930
Right because my gun won't be loaded
>>
>>34688899
Do you take your gun with you in the shower, Anon? Be honest.
>>
>>34688970
>take my gun in the shower
>implying I don't have a loaded gun taped to the shower wall in a ziplock bag
>>
File: 20170728_223525.png (1MB, 1868x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170728_223525.png
1MB, 1868x1080px
>>34688992
Found a rare pic of anon in the shower
>>
>>34689020
>being prepared is now uncool
alright
>>
>>34689041
On a serious note anon, do you really live in that bad of a neighborhood where you need that much firepower?
>>
>>34688875
Also, that thing needs to be attached to something big / hard to move if your gonna have a tiny safe like that. It won't do much good if they just take it from your room and break the safe to,bits (all safes can be cracked, the smaller it is, the easier)
>>
>>34688640
Change your bedroom door to a keyed lock. They're a lot cheaper than a safe.

Get a safe too.
>>
File: Safe.jpg (1MB, 1440x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Safe.jpg
1MB, 1440x2160px
What safe is this?
>>
>>34689055
No, I live in a middle class neighborhood, I just like to have options and I don't want to get caught with my pants down either literally or figuratively when and if shit actually does hit the fan
>>
>>34688970
Who can't leave their EDC on the counter, though? Do you think someone is going to legitimately psycho you?
>>
>>34689064
https://tacticalwalls.com/shop/825-pls/

Something like this is super inconspicuous and probably as much as a safe. Some even unlock using a keycard.
>keep keycard in wallet
>use shelf to store wallet
>shelf can't access gun without your wallet around
>still won't figure it out without prior knowledge it's there and how it works.
>>
>>34688640
>biometric
securityfag here
no
What are you going to do if your biometrics are stolen?
Biometrics are considered a joke form of security because it's irrevocable. If someone steals your fingerprint by stealing your stuff, or taking a really high resolution picture of your hand, you can't do shit about it.
>>
>>34689041
Nah senpai but showing up in a random thread to suggest safes are useless and the only way to HD is to have a gun sitting around loaded is.

Some people do weird shit like sleep walk or have an adult beverage every once in a while so they like to have a little safe to drop their gun in. It also means that you can leave the same round chambered instead of having to clear the firearm for storage cutting down on administrative handling, waste, and the potential for bullet setback.
>>
>>34689547
I bully my gf in my sleep and drink until I can't see straight every couple months but I still trust myself to have a gun nearby with nothing chambered
>>
>>34689572
Good for you. Not everybody has such a cavalier attitude towards safety, apparently they feel some sort of strange responsibility for their actions or something.

Oh and FWIW, a loaded mag in a firearm laying on a table by you is a felony in many places.

>inb4 i wont get caught

yeah, kinda besides the point desu.
>>
>>34688640

First off, you're better off with anything besides sentry safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRTnJVwYkJs

I had this model of safe. One day the handle stopped working. Looking it up it turns out they use plastic gears in the mechanism that will break shortly after the warranty expires.

Ended up just leaving it on the curb for trash pickup. Even if the lock did work it was pathetically easy for someone with simple tools to break into.
>>
>>34688700
if your sister is on probation she might not even be allowed to be in the same residence as a firearm
>>
>>34689081
i hope you accidentally shoot yourself desu senpai
>>
>>34690865
You are literally a gun grabber

>WEAPONS MAY ONLY BE LOADED AT THE RANGE
>WEAPONS MUST BE CHILD SAFETY LOCKED AT ALL TIMES
>ONLY ONE WEAPON MAY HAVE IT'S CHILD SAFETY LOCK REMOVED AND ONLY AT THE RANGE
>ONLY ONE ROUND MAY BE LOADED AT A TIME
>ALL WEAPONS MUST BE KEPT ON SITE AT THE RANGE OR IN AN APPROVED SAFE WEIGHING NO LESS THAN 500LBS AT THE HOME AT ALL TIMES UNLESS BEING SHOT OR TRANSPORTED FOR SHOOTING
>AMMO MUST BE STORED AT THE RANGE OR IN A SEPARATE 500LB SAFE WHEN NOT IN USE
>IN THE EVENT OF A HOME INVASION: CALL THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY AND ATTEMPT TO AVOID THE INTRUDER IF AT ALL POSSIBLE
>>
>>34689078

idk but everything was alright until
>rifles not loaded with an empty chamber
>cheapshit tula as safe ammo
>only 8 mags
>>
I'm a police officer in europe and need a good handgun safe for my home. Living with gf who isnt into guns. any suggestions?
>>
>>34688793
>empty chamber with the hammer back so all I need to do is rack the slide

Why even have the hammer back if you're gonna have to rack the slide anyways?
>>
>>34692312
not knowing that having the hammer back makes the slide easier/faster to rack
>>
>>34688743
>Come on, are you saying a safe is pointless for HD?

Yes, the Supreme Court agrees too, locking a gun up makes it not useful for home defense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller
>>
>>34692312
>Why even have the hammer back if you're gonna have to rack the slide anyways?

Girl hands. It's always girl hands.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yr6ATdaDQ8
>>
>>34688743
As opposed to somebody softly pulling your hands to the mechanism while you're sleeping?

Biometrics/fingerprint scans are the worst safety ever.
>>
File: 1.gif (223KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
223KB, 1240x1754px
Harbor frieght safe for sub 300 with sale and coupons
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.