[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me ID this front sight and remove it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 20170728_195531.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170728_195531.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I need to take off this "Redfield" front sight blade. I have no idea what it is aside from the name.

Through Google I found that it looks similar to the Redfields designed for the M1903. This one is on a Mauser.

There's one screw on top which loosens it, but I still can't take it off. I took the gun out of the stock to see if it was attached to a sight base but it's not. All I see is this screw which does nothing but loosen.

Please help. More pics on way.
>>
File: 20170728_195536.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170728_195536.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 20170728_195727.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170728_195727.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>
>>34687617
maybe you need to punch out the blade, there could be a screw under it.

Or some idiot fudd JB welded everything in place (the blade in the dovetail and the post onto the barrel). If you pop out the dovetail and there's no screw, you're going to have to soak the whole thing in penetrating oil for a week or more to really get in there and have a hope of getting it all off.
>>
>>34687617
its brazed/silver soldered on the screw is extra insurance/ for locating
you are not getting it off cleanly and you sure as hell arent getting it back on
>>
>>34687653
>>34687659
Ffffuck, I have to slide on a rear sight base that I doubt will slide past it. Fuck the sight I'll buy a new one, I just don't want to go through all that trouble of taking it off.
>>
>>34687659
silver solder melts at a low enough temp not to fuck with the heat treating though, right? OP could throw it in the over for a few hours and maybe get it off.

What gun is this on, OP?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.