[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: sks.jpg (4KB, 205x90px) Image search: [Google]
sks.jpg
4KB, 205x90px
Would an SKS be a good start to a beginner's armory? I've heard good things about them
>>
Now that even chinese type 56's are hitting $400, unless you really want one, save another couple hundred and get a WASR AK.
Or look around for cheaper used. It's following mosin nagant trend where demand is driving the price up, and the demand was from low price in the first place.
>>
Not anymore. You can "build" and AR that is of better quality and brand new for what a good SKS costs probably less.
>>
You're probably better off with an AR.
>>
>>34685672

What would a good WASR cost?
>>
File: Right View Rifle 30 percent.png (2MB, 922x692px) Image search: [Google]
Right View Rifle 30 percent.png
2MB, 922x692px
>>34685652
My advice is to get one while they're still only $400.

The price is only going to go up and up, and the higher the price goes, the higher the forced meme about "legendary reliability and accuracy own a piece of wartime history today omg best rifle for SHTF this SKS cured my aids" etc. etc. etc.

I mean, fuck, look at the Mauser. They're still the beat-to-hell 4 MOA used-up turds they have been since the 50's, but now people practically worship them. I guarantee someone in this thread will sperg out about "omg best sipar evar historic muh nazis ur shitposeting hate hate hate u dont like it sell to me for $20 and a figit spinar" or some such nonsense.

Anyway. Get an SKS while you still can Anon.
>>
>>34685747
~$600 - ~$650.
>>
>>34685679
This

The prices of .223 and 7.62x39 are about the same now, so you may as well just buy a modern American gun rather than an outdated Soviet gun
>>
>>34685765

So between choosing an SKS or a WASR AK what would you prefer?
>>
File: Bayo Folded SKS.jpg (128KB, 768x443px) Image search: [Google]
Bayo Folded SKS.jpg
128KB, 768x443px
>>34685864
SKS.
And I own both.
>>
>>34685884

Y tho
>>
>>34685652
Yes and no. It was a good first gun b/c it WAS cheap and doesn't need magazines.
They have gotten too expensive to be competative with ak's and AR's. Not only cost but weight and capability also factor in
>>
>>34685747
Or if you can't find a wasr, I believe Alantic firearms was having a sale on their n-pap for like 500 something
>>
>>34686039
And what are the benefits of the n-pap?
Over the SKS and the WASR anyway
>>
>>34685652
Yes.
>>
>>34685911
SKS-chan is fun, but she's heavy for what she is.
>>
>>34685652

Just build an AR or buy a DPMS when they're on sale broseph.
>>
>>34686083
Benefit over the sks, is that it is a quality ak-47, wasr is better because it takes standard akm furniture while the n-pap doesn't. Also wasr barrel is chrome-lined while n-pap is cold hammer forged. Also don't buy I.O ak's, even if they seem priced good as they are shit.
>>
>>34685652
Honestly, no. Not unless you can get it for under 300.

If you can't, save up a bit and get an AR or a WASR.
>>
>>34685652

SKS is a solid gun (easy to maintain/clean, fairly accurate, durable, cheap to feed), but the problem is their price is rising these days. Back before the AR craze hit, I'd recommend an SKS to basically anyone. They were something like $200 for a Chinese SKS, but now they're hitting close to $400 minimum.

The fact that new SKS's will never be made (same goes for any milsurp), coupled with Bubba fucking them up means the supply is drying up and cannot meet the demand.

TL;DR: Grab an SKS if you can find one cheap, save up for an AR/AK otherwise.
>>
>>34685652
get a vz2008 instead. vz, cz 858 if maplebro
>>
File: 20170511_194429-1-1.jpg (753KB, 2404x429px) Image search: [Google]
20170511_194429-1-1.jpg
753KB, 2404x429px
>>34685652
Very good. I just shot a whole ChiCom vest of ammo through my Chinese /316\. Plus a few extra clips, 240 rounds in total, with no malfunctions. I will say if you fire it a lot at once, it gets real hot. Accuracy is good, picking off water bottles at 45 paces. I've had it for 4 years and it's always done me well. Also zexy Albanian bayonet.
>>
>>34686157
>npap
>quality AK

It is what it. A good cheap rifle to abuse. But quality is not what it is.
>>
>>34685911
Because I can?
>>
>>3468640 quality in the world of budget aks, they are one of better AKs for OP considering hes on a budget
>>
>>34685884
Tripfag and other SKS owners, where can I get a plain wood sks stock for not rape prices? need to un tapcofuck a buddy's chink gun.
>>
File: 1490490266684.jpg (47KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1490490266684.jpg
47KB, 480x515px
>>34685652
OP, there will come a time, and I do believe that time has come, that the SKS is no longer a good investment. Their prices have soared above and beyond what the rifle is. Really, the only two reasons they were ever popular to begin with was cheap ammo and the fact that you could pick one up for like 80 USD back in the day. A cult of personality rose around this weapon from the broke-asses that bought them, same with the Mosin, as their egos would never allow them to admit that their 80 dollar surplus gun wasn't as good as nicer guns that they couldn't afford. I have seen some of the most ridiculous claims come from SKS and Mosin owners over the years, borderline insanity. Now, with AR prices lower than the average SKS price, the time has come to let these ancient weapons lay to rest. If you're a collector and you simply MUST have one, go ahead. If you want one because of the "HAHA why would you buy (Insert superior weapon here)?? SKS is BETTER!!11!" meme, then KYS. I can't wait to see years of Fudd/Bubba/POG lore die with the vanishing of Milsurp. I have longed for this day. My favorite day.
>>
>>34687210
I got an old Russian stock on ebay for 60 dollars, I've seen chinko stocks go for 30 online
Just look online my man.
>>
>>34686402
The opaps are much better built. Damn near indestructible really.
>>
>>34685652
GRAB SKS GO INNAWOODS

If you're into that kind of thing
>>
I got my first gun 8 months ago and it was an SKS for $500
Even at that high of a price I still love the gun. She's a blast to shoot and accurate too. I'd reccomend an SKS for sure.
>>
Mosin then sks then what? Whats the next meme gun we should start buying up to resell when demand from retards skyrockets?
>>
>>34685864
wasr if you want 30+ rounds
sks if you want milsurp
>>
>>34687984
Lee Enfields, price for non bubba'd ones is already climbing.

SVT-40s also getting rare now, at least in Canada. Doubled in value in the last year.
>>
>>34685884
>>34685652

OP I own a Sino-Soviet SKS and a converted Saiga, and an AR. The SKS makes less sense than it used to based on it's rising cost, so as others have said, if you're purely looking at what you get for your money an AR or AK would be better.

Having said that, of all 3 the SKS is the most satisfying to shoot. There's just something about it. It feels more solid than the other two and I feel like it's more accurate than my AK but that's probably because of the longer barrel. Also loading with stripper clips is fun. If you look at it a different way, the others might get you 30 rounds for a couple hundred bucks more, but you're still spending less overall.

Also a lot of the cheaper AKs are a gamble, WASRs have gotten way better in quality since I first started lurking /k/ years ago, the rest of the cheaper AKs are hit or miss evidently. With an SKS you really don't have to worry about QC/build issues since they never got modified to be sold here (assuming you're American)

To answer your question aside from comparing to other models and justifying your dollars, just purely on the merits of the rifle itself, an SKS is a pretty good starter. Decent weight to absorb recoil, affordable ammo, not hard to dissassemble and clean, reliable. Only drawback you might find based on your size is length of pull on the stock, and depending on which kind you buy having to clean it of cosmoline like I did, but that process only gets you more familiar with all the parts
>>
>>34687984
Mausers :^)
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.