[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possible moving from NJ to MA, how fucked am I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1501044000734.jpg (82KB, 536x598px) Image search: [Google]
1501044000734.jpg
82KB, 536x598px
Might be getting a good job in Boston. I know they have 10 rd mag limits. I have a NJ compliant AR15, and most of my other guns are WWII and older era bolt-actions. I doubt my Garand, 1911, or Sig 226 would be an issue (Assuming I get 10 rd mags for it). But what else do I have to know?
>>
Just buy whatever the fuck you want, why follow unjust laws?
>>
>tfw MAsshole
>some of the most based firearm law states are right across the border
I want to fucking die, I still cant wrap my head around the fact that if I drive 20 minutes northwest I'm in a fucking constitutional carry state.
>>
>>34685570
yeah, I'm hoping that if all goes well, I can jump over to NH, but I hear traffic from NH to boston is horrible.
>>
File: 1481087721769.jpg (113KB, 1386x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1481087721769.jpg
113KB, 1386x1103px
>>34685500
it is as bad as nj. just live in nh and commute. its what people did at a place when i worked there.
>>
>>34685500
Dude you rifle laws here are fucking absurd.

If guns are a passion for you, find another job. Good fucking luck getting an LTC unrestricted in Boston.
You're going to get denied, I promise you.
>>
>>34686094
Same guy.
You have to apply for ltc. Police chief in your town accepts or denies it. In Boston, they all get denied unless you know someone FOR NO REASON. In the event that you get one, there are restrictions which make it so you cannot legally carry. Target and hunting, work, and sport. You will never carry in Boston.

Just find another job dude I am telling you. Please
>>
>>34685500
>Dad was born and raised in Pennsylvania
>Moms family's from Missouri
>I was born and raised in California because my dad was a murine ,and lived on all the cool bases the now shut down dew to the Clintons
>be interested in firearms since going to an airshow and seeing WW2 renactors with bars and 1911s "Fudds inspired me to get into Guns"
>find out about Commiforinas gun laws
>buy cool Nerf gun after getting 2 back round checks , an anal examine, a tax stamp ,and psychological test.
>>
>>34686105
You can carry in Boston. Just don't live directly in Boston and commute. Get your LTC from a town outside the city
>>
File: macitytowngun.jpg (551KB, 2984x1887px) Image search: [Google]
macitytowngun.jpg
551KB, 2984x1887px
>>34686105
Eh, it's possible. If you are a business owner or your job requires you carry large amounts of cash you can apply for a restricted permit. Then after a while of having your restricted permit they'll likely grant an unrestricted. Everyone I know in Springfield who has an LTC which is pretty bad for handing them out got theirs this way.

Or OP could move to a town that has a police chief that usually gives them out.

As for bringing your other guns OP you should be okay. MA has a 10 round magazine limit on everything unless you have a magazine that is dated prior to the 1994 federal AWB. You can carry hollow point ammo in MA which I know you can't do in NJ. Pretty sure you can bring whatever handguns you want into the state, it's just you can't buy off roster guns from an FFL. As for the AR-15 that I'm not 100% sure of. I know you'll need your LTC to possess it in the state of MA. If the rifle is NJ compliant it should be MA compliant, but ARs are weird in MA right now from what I hear with the AG deciding last summer that all of a sudden they are now illegal.

First thing you should do upon moving is apply for your LTC right away. They have a 60 day grace period where your guns are legal to possess without an LTC. You'll need the LTC to possess handguns and the AR. You start with an FID (firearms ID) which allows for shotguns and basically bolt action rifles. Check out Gun Owner's Action League, they'll know more.

Or move to VT/NH and buy and carry whatever the fuck you want. Which doesn't help you much if you'll be commuting to MA for work since MA won't recognize any other state permits and you'll have to apply for a non resident permit which can take years from what I understand. But at least if you lived in VT/NH you could own and carry anything so long as you're in those states. Same with ME.
>>
>>34685500
Live in NH.
>>
Moving from PA to NJ how fucked am I? Just have a Glock 30. Obviously no CC in NJ. Are there public ranges? Also, someone has offered to trade me a brand new m&p 9 4.25 and a m&p shield 9 with 100 rds through it for my Glock. I paid 350 for the Glock, would I come out on top? I will probably keep the Glock.
>>
>>34685529
This. Appear to follow the law. Don't tell the state about the AR, if it looks MA legal than take it with a 10round mag and no one will care. Depending on where you are cops wont even care if you use a 30rnd magpul; although I would advise against it. Get your license in MA, get 10 rounders for carry.
>>
>>34688818
>>34686105
Pretty sure the state did away with restrictions. now there is just a LTC instead of an A and B.
>>
>>34685500
Live outside of Boston, get your ltc, you have something like a 6 month grace period to apply

You don't have to register your guns here of you already own them, that's a myth, noting illegal about an unregistered gun. Also buy some glocks before moving here and sell them for some extra cash once here.

Green towns are the fastest and easiest to get your license in

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/8703-Guide-to-gun-rights-in-your-Massachusetts-town
>>
>>34689175
They did away with ltc b but your cleo can still arbitrarily places restrictions on your license
>>
I'm moving next week from a "fuck it, anything goes open carry" state to an open banned state. I'm actually going to have to get the CCL now.
>>
>>34685686
It's coming back that sucks. You don't hit traffic going in until you get to Melrose which is not all that far from Boston by distance, but by time is a little bit in the morning. Coming back? I'd rather be dead than have to do that commute every single day.
>>
>>34685500
Literally no difference except for no legal ars.
And maybe your police might actually give you your firearm purchasers card sometime within the next century unlike NJ.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.