[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Full metal 9mm pistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 26

File: HK-USP-45-leftt.jpg (69KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
HK-USP-45-leftt.jpg
69KB, 1200x846px
I am so indecisive about buying my first metal frame pistol. I am torn between a CZ-75, Sig 226, HK USP , Browning Hi-power and Beretta 92. Any other suggestions? Any pros and cons of these guns?
>>
>>34683299
The USP has a Polymer frame ya dingus
>>
If you can get a full metal USP i say go for it.
>>
>>34683299
USP is the best range and defensive gun you listed between those. It's also got the best barrel and finish of those listed. Get a USP and you won't regret.
>>
>>34683299
If you want a cheap 9mm 1911 style steel pistol, the star super b can be found for around $300
>>
>>34683386
>Taking mudslimefags advice on literally anything

Find a west German 226 in 9mm. You'll be happy.
>>
>>34683396
>implying the USP doesn't shit all over SIG
No need for OP to look for a German made USP because they are all made there, unlike SIGtrash :).
>>
>>34683396
White guy here, USP love is literally the only positive thing he has going for him aside from hating Saudis

>>34683299
USP is the best gun on that list but it's polymer, CZ is the next best, Beretta after that. The 92 and the CZ are some damn fine pistols.
>>
>>34683483
Saudis are the scum of the earth.
>>
>>34683493
Fuck yes they are, Beverly Hillbillies meets violent fanatics.
>>
>>34683396
>implying the USP is in any way bad
>smug while giving worse advice than the kebab
neck yourself
>>
>>34683514
Combine that with billions of dollars in funding and an ineptitude unmatched anywhere else in the world sans maybe Somalia.
>>
>>34683299
Seconding the CZ-75. Maybe go for the CZ RAMI if you are gonna be carrying.
>>
>>34683528
>ineptitude unmatched anywhere else in the world
Honestly the best attribute, imagine if they were compitent.
>>
>>34683483
How would a CZ P07/P10, Sig 320, Walther PPQ and a Glock 19 compare to the USP?
>>
>>34683565
You are correct, it's whats holding them back, also what makes them absolutely fuck up anything they try to do.
>>34683584
They don't. The USP shits all over them.
>>
>>34683606
That much? Even though it's a much older design? What sets it apart from the other polymer guns?
>>
>hardware wars

I wanna see groups and splits from all these folks with strong opinions

but yeah, USP op
>>
>>34683631
The fact it's an older design doesn't particularly mean much. HK barrels are some of the best in the business, but don't take my word for it. Go to an LGS and a few guns with polygonal barrels, such as the PPQ and Glock and compare them all directly to each other. The HK looks like its made from fucking diamonds compared to the other two. The finish is also top notch on all of the components as is the fitment. I have easily over a thousand rounds through my carry USP and it has barrel wear that makes it look practically new. For example the barrel hood has no wear on my USP, that's how well fitted this thing is. The lockup is really fucking tight and it sounds and feels so good, I can't really explain it to you unless you handle it. Accuracy is top notch too, I can hit a man-sized target with regularity at 100 yards, and thats with a compact handgun. I sound like a shill because I can't say enough good things about the gun. If there was one critique I would give it would be that the trigger takes some getting used to but it's a good trigger. HK triggers are notoriously mushy but they break and reset clean, a match kit will make the trigger really amazing and a good USP 45 will have no issues keeping up racer 1911s. Go to LGS, rent some guns and find out which one you like.
>>
USP Compact or P2000?
>>
>>34683698
P2000 is going to have adjustable grip, so if you need this go with the p2000. I have a USP compact and I love the thing, but if you're looking for a CCW you would be best served with a P2000sk.
>>
>>34683631
There are examples of USP's with 300k on them without any breakages. Federal has a USP 45 the use to test ammo with that 297k on it as like 5 years ago with only replacement of the recoil spring.

>>34683688
>HK barrels are some of the best in the business,
Unless they are MR556 barrels xdddd.
>>
>>34683712
MR556 also has a good barrel, is that some sort of meme or something?
>>
>>34683688
could you stop lying you pos muslim nigger? you can use a Glock barrel to engrave a PPQ and USP barrel and slide.
>>
>>34683726
Great rebuttal, now run along because adults are talking.
>>
>>34683721
I've heard them keyholing at 10k through them. Whether its just an issue Battlefield las vegas gun is unknowing. Could be fluke but I wouldn't stake my own money on finding out the hardway.
>>
>>34683704
I can conceal a compact fine. I'm not a fan of subcompacts. Does the P2000 do anything worse? If not, I see no reason to get the USP Compact.
>>
>>34683299
I love my Beretta 92G, and there's a reason why it's Bill Wilson's go-to when he's competing SSP.
>>
>>34683721
People are very attached to chrome lining. Personally I'd prefer they had made the MR556 a target version and given us a 416S or something.
>>34683752
You have to be fucking kidding me. Of course they're shooting out an unlined barrel shooting full auto constantly.
>>
>>34683688
>>34683712
Damn it's built like a tank, I thought glock were considered the best in reliability. I thought polymer guns were supposed to crack after firing thousands of round and that was the main reason why I wanted a metal gun like a CZ 75. Is the USP9 considered a compact or full size pistol?
>>
>>34683770
Definitely a full size pistol. I'm a manlet and can't CC mine without looking like i'm wearing daddy's clothes
>>
>>34683767
>You have to be fucking kidding me. Of course they're shooting out an unlined barrel shooting full auto constantly.
A $3000 it should last longer no matter how you fire it, especially when you can get a SCAR 16 for the same price or less.
>>
>>34683794
You're a moron.
>>
>>34683792
Man hands here too. How are the ergos in the USP9? I had a hard time reaching the slide stop with my shooting hand with the CZ 75 but no problem with the glock 19
>>
>>34683831
>$3000 rifle
>barrel starts keyholing at 10k
>WASR is like $600
>put like 70k though them and still no keyholing
>I'm the moron
ok buddy
>>
>>34683884
>canted sights
>century trash
>wobbly magwell that causes jams
I dont know where the meme came from that wasrs are good but it will end and it will end now.
>>
>>34683871
Fit my hands great, the safety is easily within reach, the paddle mag release was awkward until I got used to it.

muslimbro was correct on all counts regarding how sex it is to shoot. world of compromise etc.

P30 ergos feel better, if not as robust, but that would be my second recommendation, plus john wick memes
>>
>>34683915
>I dont know where the meme came from that wasrs are good but it will end and it will end now.
It came from the 2014 increase in quality control at CIGUR
>shitty $600 rifle has a barrel that last 7 times as long as a $3000 german one
really makes you think
>>
>>34683871
If you have small hands you'll like the USPc, if you have medium to large you'll like the USPf. The slide stops are fucking huge and even a child could use them without shifting their grip, the mag release (assuming you're using your middle finger - index is okay too) is very easy and quick to engage but won't go off accidentally in a holster. Bore axis is fairly high because it's a da/sa but only the usp45c will have recoil that I'd consider snappy - which can be trained around.

Unless your dead set on the dual recoil spring of the USP which is admittedly a bit overkill in 9mm, then either the USP/ USPc, P2000, or p30 series will do you very well. Go off your taste in aesthetics or which you feel fits better and go for it - p2000s are selling for quite a bargain though (that's what I'd recommend).
>>
>>34683915
>>34683952
Go start a wasr 10 vs mr556 (Jesus this board is stupid) thread but don't shit up this thread
>>
the USP is a good gun that being said i prefer my sigp226 to the point where im selling my USP, and i believe the vp9 is probably the better gun
>>
>>34683884
>why doesn't an unlined match barrel stand up to heavy firing schedules????
I guess you think a Krieger SS barrel for bench rest should do fine on a light machine gun because it's expensive, huh?
>>
>>34683631

Age of design doesnt mean much in more areas than just guns. USP is not that superior. It feels like you have a piece of quality in your hands that you can count on but there are other good options.

Rent all of the guns you listed and split the cost with a friend so you can both see how you like them, I spent $150 in rentals before I bought my first full size. It doesnt just answer "which one do I shoot best" but also allows you to picture yourself owning all, and most importantly it blesses your mind with a no regrets or "what ifs" final purchase and maybe hints toward a second. I've shot everything you listed and out of those and others my favorite and best shooting without even warming up to it was a P30 DA/SA that I rented just because it was there and hadn't even really considered it before. Ultimately, I went with glock because I shot it adequately, size to capacity was good, and I knew I could always get cheap parts for them. Lastly, when looking at capacity of a gun, compare grip size to capacity. I hate it when people brag a p09 holds more rounds when I can put an extended mag equal to the length of a p09 grip in something else and probably hold more rounds but have the option for a smaller overall height gun at the same time
>>
File: Snapchat-1845268023.jpg (879KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1845268023.jpg
879KB, 1440x2560px
>>34683770

>crack after thousands of rounds

Damn I hate fudds, you've been lied to. None of mid price range polymer pistols will crack, you can search torture test with round counts for about any model

I have about 10k rounds through 19 (was my first, 3k through 34, maybe a thousand through m&p I got as a gift

Im
>>34684129
this is what I've ended up with if you're interested
>>
>>34684129
Grip size to capacity is the same on a USPf and a g19, the slide on the USP is just a lot taller because da/sa.

2 rounds isn't a big deal anyway you slice it when we're talking 13 vs 15 or 15 vs 17
>>
>>34683299
P226
/thread
>>
>>34683752
I've shot two of them and both were amazing, much better shots than I could ever be. I can't really account for longevity because I don't own one or personally know someone that does.
>>34683755
If you can conceal the compact then get it. I prefer smaller guns because I live where its warm so its easier to conceal with lighter clothing. I also own a USP compact that I conceal in the fall and winter and that works perfect under a coat for me.
>>34683767
The ones I handled were super smooth, I was really jelly but they were also heavier than I expected.
>>34683770
I had a Glock 19 Gen 4 and it was one the worst guns I've ever had. It worked great for about 1000 rounds and then started ejecting really poorly and never recovered from it. I sent it back and they fixed it but it came back again so I got rid of it and got the USP and never looked back. Many people have good experience with their glocks and thats fine, I prefer the USP any day of the week though.
>>34683871
It feels great in my hands. I wear size XL gloves and all of the USP series guns point very naturally for me. Go to a gunstore and handle different things to see what you like the most.
>>34683922
I use the paddle release with my thumb and trigger finger. I don't really have to shift my grip very much at all to do it and with both fingers it feels really light. You can also get extended releases for them, hkparts has a ton of shit. >>34683965
I have a uspc and the recoil isn't very snappy. It doesn't have the recoil system the full-size guns do but it still absorbs recoil nicely unless you are shooting some +p+ or something.
>>34684042
I had a VP9 and got rid of it because I had no attachment to it.
>>34684223
I didn't really think the two rounds loss was an issue when I got mine because the gun feels so good in my hands. Everyone has their own preference, and after shooting a bunch of shit I came to prefer HK.
>>
>>34684234
I didn't think to use both fingers, thanks for the tip man
>>
>>34684223

Same anon, I think the difference isn't very significant, I'd be fine with the USP size if I wanted to carry da/sa.

What I was trying to emphasize was to stay away from fuck huge tall grips because they're limiting you to long mags. I hate the glock that was submitted for the military trials for another example, a glock 19 but can only use glock 17 mags so has to always be huge.
>>
USPs are sexy guns tho...
>>
>>34683299
If you want the best all around gun, light weight is a factor and you don't get that with a metal frame gun. Metal frames are a meme for new gun owners who think they're going to have to use it as a hammer or boomerang one day. In reality you may end up actually carrying it and extra weight sucks ass.

If it's sole purpose is an HD gun go for it. For me I like one versatile gun that does everything so I don't have to switch impulses and manual of arms. Owning too many guns is another noob mistake.
>>
File: Boris_glock-off_finished.jpg (122KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Boris_glock-off_finished.jpg
122KB, 800x533px
>>34684455

A lot of truth to this simple post OP.

The only real advantage an all steel gun will have is if it's never shot and is oiled it'll last many times past your lifetime when you can't enjoy it. Even so, your grandkids can machine out a lower if guns are banned by then, the uppers are the hard part. Modern plastics will be more durable in a number of situations than steel as well where it will flex and return to functional shape instead of permanently bend and have a damaged magazine stuck in the gun.

As for owning one do all HD gun, I agree to an extent. If you only buy one gun for defense, lean toward the full size or maybe middle size over compact. You should not alternate between other guns for the role. Itll be leagues more accurate, easier to control, and have a greater capacity with stock mags than a compact. If you find yourself wanting to carry, you can still conceal it but you might find yourself only having it when you feel you might be in a dangerous situation due to the size.

>owning too many guns is a noob mistake

Yes and no. Impulse buying a bunch of cheap ones or buying guns that are all designed for the same role is. It's normally a waste to buy 3 different striker fired full size pistols in 9mm, it's smart to get guns tailored to different real needs, it's fun options to have a striker fire and da/sa full sizes in 9mm
>>
testing if banned
>>
>>34683299
Rex, Tristar, Tanfoglio/EAA, Sphinx, and Bersa are some decent alternatives. But those are Sig, CZ, and Walther clones with modifications, respectively. I would probably go with a CZ compact myself, I just personally don't see the use of the 75/85 unless it's a dedicated target pistol when they have so many good models out now.
>>
>>34684657
Shooting it actually work hardens the steel.

But polymer frames have proven they can have the potential to out last steel, really comes down to the design of the pistol.
>>
>>34683299
>CZ-75
I would go for -- you can good deals on these, they're excellent pistols
>Sig 226
These will be more pricey, I would might as well get it in .45 ACP
>HK USP
Only the Upper is Metal, Lower is poly -- which is not a bad thing by anymeans but these are pricey as well. I love HK though also get a .45 ACP Compact if you do.
>Browning Hi-power
Very good gun alot like the CZ, little more bulky though.
>Beretta 92
I do not like Beretta at all so no comment.

Honestly get the 75 you will love it. I am trying to find a used 75 compact. My cousin has one and I fell in love with.
>>
>>34683537
what a qt i love her tight little butt
>>
File: still_missing_some.jpg (1MB, 5089x1387px) Image search: [Google]
still_missing_some.jpg
1MB, 5089x1387px
did someone say CZ ?
>>
>>34683299
Hard to beat a CZ for the money. Fuck beretta they're the BMW of guns, over engineered garbage.
>>
>>34685015
>I would go for -- you can good deals on these, they're excellent pistols
What did he mean by this?
Seriously the only surplus 75's I see show up are the buds ones and they always look like garbage.
>>34685177
>Fuck beretta they're the BMW of guns, over engineered garbage.
>costs less than CZ pretty much any CZ besides surplus and polymer
what did he mean by this
>>
>>34685195
>costs less than pretty much any CZ besides surplus and polymer
>>
>>34685195
>>34685207
In my state berettas are at least $100 dollars more than a CZ.
>>
>>34685147
highest round count out of one?

I know CZs have a frame cracking issue once they reach a certain round count
>>
>>34685253
I got two Beretta 92S pistols for $250 ea from J&G sales.
>>
>>34685270
they look fucked up

but the highest round count is on the striped one

just about 30k of 40sw
>>
>>34685301
>30k

you replaced the barrel yet?
>>
File: 08.12.14 - 1.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
08.12.14 - 1.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
>>34685334
you tell me
>>
>>34685253
Online I see 92fs's new with 3 mags for $500 shipped fairly often.
>>
Got a 2017 CZ 75B and I love it. I CCW it everyday, it works absolutely fine for me, and I love that 16 round capacity.
>>
File: snickers4.jpg (30KB, 475x533px) Image search: [Google]
snickers4.jpg
30KB, 475x533px
>>34685344
holy fuck, how?

I know slidestops need to be replaced every few thousand rounds but ive never seen a fucking barrel do that.
>>
>>34685384
the old "IPSC Standard" models in 40sw used to do that

that's why they redesigned the locking lugs and camming curve and rebranded it as the Tactical Sports

just broke off the second shot after the state championships
>>
>>34685400
well damn, other than that, nothing wrong with the frame?
>>
File: 20160601_185400.jpg (2MB, 2155x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20160601_185400.jpg
2MB, 2155x5312px
>>34685411
no, frames are doing pretty solid
>>
File: DAuWZOhXYAElN5a.jpg (10KB, 275x224px) Image search: [Google]
DAuWZOhXYAElN5a.jpg
10KB, 275x224px
>>34685431
noice
>>
>>34683752
Well, battlefield las vegas rents guns out to everybody and everybody probably magdumps, barrel life be damned.
>>
File: Big guy.jpg (65KB, 960x515px) Image search: [Google]
Big guy.jpg
65KB, 960x515px
This likeable British star used his free time in the Golden matičce [=Prague] also to be acquainted with the latest official functions weapons Czech arms factory etc.
The presentation, which took place in late August in a friendly informal atmosphere, Tom Hardy could in practice to test the latest Uherský including polymer pistol models CZ P-07 and CZ P-09 submachine gun CZ SCORPION EVO 3 A1 or assault rifle CZ 805 BREN A1/A2 .

Does this mean I should get a P-07 since it is big guy approved?
>>
>>34683299
The lionheart lh9 is something you should look at
>>
File: HK fags WILL defend this.jpg (68KB, 800x290px) Image search: [Google]
HK fags WILL defend this.jpg
68KB, 800x290px
>>34683299
Polymer HK pistols suck. Look elsewhere.
>Thin, flimsy trigger guard that can be flexed with 2 fingers
>shitty triggers
>low capacity for their size and weight
>limited caliber options
>paddle mag release (flimsy and requires uncomfortable finger movement if you use trigger finger, which is the only way to drop a mag quickly)
>>
>>34683386
>Muslim advice
>good
It's also a polymer gun. Good luck changing the grips if you don't like them.
>>
>>34685954
you might not want to use a picture of an airsoft gun to prove a point next time
>>
>>34685981
It's the same ugly stamp on either one.
>>
>>34685352
Damn I'll admit that's a good deal if you like berettas, but my local gun store sells cz 75s for less than $500.
>>
>>34685954
>shitty trigger
Not on the USP, at least not the one i had. way better than my stock CZ.

>low capacity
oh no, a loss of two whole rounds how will i ever defend myself now

>limited caliber options
what, no .357s or 10mm?
>paddle release
not a real problem

I hate HK and even i think you're full of it
>>
>>34686027
>Not on the USP, at least not the one i had. way better than my stock CZ
Well double action triggers suck in general, but Hk's are especially mushy and have poor breaks. Compare it to something like an older S&W or Sig and you'll see what I mean.
>oh no, a loss of two whole rounds how will i ever defend myself now
You can defend yourself with 1 shot. More capacity is always better and HK has no excuse for trailing behind better manufacturers, considering their guns are larger and also weigh more than competitors.
>what, no .357s or 10mm?
They have some .357s (but only in compact models for some reason). They lack 10mm and .380.
>paddle release
>not a real problem
It's an inferior design choice.
>>
>>34685728
I love my LH9. Great gun and great company. I wish they got more attention.
>>
How accurate are Browning HPs on ranges over fifty yards? I really want one for the historical value but I also compete and I need it to get tight groupings. 2 inch are the upper limit on distances less than thirty yards, can I get that from a HP?
>>
File: M9A3_Final_0003.jpg (84KB, 778x600px) Image search: [Google]
M9A3_Final_0003.jpg
84KB, 778x600px
Do the right thing.
>>
>>34687227
They are as accurate as you are. Pretty much every modern semi is made the same for accuracy (fixed barrel designs and great triggers like a 1911 give an edge though). That being said HP have terrible trigger mush and most people get a trigger job done to touch them up.
>>
>>34687295
Thank you!
>>
>>34687227
BPs are usually 2-3" guns at 25
>>
>>34685970
>Good luck changing the grips if you don't like them.
So get a P2000.
>>
>>34687408
Even with trigger jobs and competition suited sights?
>>
>>34687478
Yes, im talking benched. Trigger and sights wont change mechanical accuracy. BHPs aren't a particularly accurate design when it comes to your average production model.

Im sure if you were willing to send it off to a smith and spend several hundreds of dollars that they might be able to shrink those a little with some hand fitted oversized parts where it counts.
>>
>>34687848
Thank you for explaining. Might consider a smith or getting another another gun entirely.
>>
>>34686024
I have the opposite problem. No cz's cheap nearby. I've haven't checked 75b's at the local shop but they are near online pricing on most of the stuff, p-01 is like $600 (not really that bad but eh). I bet 75's there are probably $540 ish. If I could find a 75b for a cent under $500 new I'd buy one. The P-01 feels better and I'd probably CC it but I might end up getting something smaller like a shield for CC, so I think about just getting a full size steel CZ sometimes.

I am just near the breaking point of buying a GLAWK since I don't want to wait 15 years for the one time CZ ships in some more guns and the prices drop a bit.
>>
>>34687986
FWIW for that kind of accuracy id go with a 1911.

At 50yds you may want to look for a target oriented 10mm or .40 S&W one
>>
File: 20170728_161912.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170728_161912.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I just put money down on this at a gun show. It's pretty cherry and looks lightly used. Are these rare? It was pretty sexy when I let the slide go home. Felt as smooth as butter. Bluing is clean. No major dings or dents. Realized it was .45 after buying. I thought it was a 9mm for some reason, but I already own a .45 so I won't have to buy different ammo. Comes with 6 mags.

Pic related is it.
>>
>>34685015
is it hard to clean or strip a 75
>>
>>34688727
not him but-

>clean
no, it's pretty easy desu. are a couple small tricks to keep make life easy

1. Sometimes new gun is tight in the slide release lever. Tap back end with magazine base plate to get started, once is up off frame slightly you must begin wiggle back and forth while pulling outward. This always gets pin out, no problem.

2. to match up take down notches is somewhat annoy, particularly when slide release pin is giving of hard time. Fortunately solution is very simple. Put hammer in half cock. when slide retracted just into contact with hammer is properly aligned for take down.

>stripping
not really. slightly harder than some super easy guns but really not difficult

>detail strip
When you start taking out the trigger pin and safety/sear assembly things start to get... interesting. The former took frightening amount of hammering and latter took much patience and moderate attention to detail.

Suffice it to say I've done my own trigger work on three gun designs, but id only do it again on two of them.

A CZ-75, S&W M&P, and Glock. The last two took moderate patience and not being tard. CZ-75 took huge amounts of patience and tiny amount of skill. Finish of gun will never be the same.

I'd do my own trigger work on a M&P or glock any day of the week. When it comes time to fuck with my new SP01s trigger im sending that bitch off to a professional.

If you dont then at least learn from my mistakes and use proper tools.
>>
>>34688368
There's one on Gunbroker for less than 500 bucks right now. You fucked up
>>
are sigs any good? Would they be more popular if they were around the same price as most other semi autos?
>>
>>34688954
Yes and maybe.

Sig had a couple cheap variants over the years, namely the p2022 and the p250.

despite being ok guns they got a lot of hate for being poor people guns from sig fan boys. A lot of that was due to them being poly framed and the 250 being DAO though.
>>
>>34683299
If money isn't an issue, get the Sig P226.

If money is an issue get the CZ-75.

If money isn't an issue and you want to look like an 80s action hero, get the Beretta 92.

If you want to look like an idiot get the USP.
>>
>>34683299
HK USP = Overrated for the price.

Source: I owned one. Didn't like it. Reliable as fuck though.

Sig 226 Not bad.

Browning Hi-Power- The way to go. Never ever had a problem out of a Browning.
>>
>>34689086
the 2022 is actually pretty solid imo. A friend of mine got one and we put a few hundred rounds through it. It held up just as good as my XDM.
>>
>>34689472
Honestly the 2022 might be my favorite sig.

The classic decocker DA/SA goodness of a sig but light and cheap enough that i don't feel bad EDCing it.

Maybe i should get my hands on one before they become a collectible...
>>
>>34689435
how hard is it to strip/clean a p226
>>
File: ddd.jpg (136KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
136KB, 853x543px
>>34689435
>Reliable as fuck though.

until you realize the safety is coming undone and you are running around with an unsafe gun all day.
>>
>>34688954
The sig p226 is the most high quality double action i've ever fired straight out of the box with no modifications.

They're great guns, if you're willing to pay for them.
>>
>>34689868
we germans have a saying. the 226 is the Opel of guns: It rusts already in your wallet.
>>
>>34689888
i don't get it
>>
>>34689940
opel cars rust like crazy.
so do sigs.
your sig starts out as money in your wallet.
sigs rust so bad and quickly that even before you ahve the actual gun, the money in your wallet that's scheduled to become the sig will rust.
>>
>>34689712
Like most sigs pretty easy. It's why I like the sig.
>>
>>34689742
Your most important safety never comes undone.

>Keep your goddamn booger hook off the goddamn BANG switch

Also Why in the FUCK would you EDC a USP?
>>
>>34690618
>Also Why in the FUCK would you EDC a USP?
How else am I going to stop some big mean mother hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-29-01-33-47.png (727KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-29-01-33-47.png
727KB, 1080x1920px
>>34688909
So I paid 200 more dollars for what I think is a cherry Beretta 804 with six mags to go with it.

The difference is I got to hold the gun and see the internals. I have peace of mind knowing it's not fucked up before I buy it.

Also, that's the starting price and there's 3 days left on the only one on Gunbroker so I'll take my 200 dollar loss I and enjoy this beauty.
>>
>>34685033
Claire Gerhardstein. She models for a swimsuit company, there are literally hundreds of those videos of her, most with much skimpier stuff. A princess of /s/.
>>
>>34683299
Beretta is better than most people give it credit for. The bad rep comes from 2 things. Slide-mounted safety(which can be replaced and you'll only have a decocker there) and the fact that majority of people in America who handled those were in military, firing pistols that were used by around 2000 people before them and some parts lived through about 30k rounds.
>>
>>34683299
Hi-Power, you won't regret it. This year might also be the last time they're in production too.
>>
File: IMG_4372.jpg (95KB, 600x798px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4372.jpg
95KB, 600x798px
>>34683299
In order by my preference.
>Sig P226

The best one among the P226 line is the Mk25 because it's the only one with a fully chrome lined barrel and fully phosphate finished. Get the 229 if you want a compact, and 227 if you want a .45acp

>HK USP

It was one of the first guns designed fully around the .40s&w if you were to get one though get either the 9 because it's cheeper to shoot or find a USP 45 Expert(good luck with that). Other than that I'd rather just find a Mk23 because tactical.

>Browning Hi-power

This one really stands out among the others, for the simple fact that they only exist in SAO, so for any kind of carry situation it's not preferred. other than that the gun is amazing, it'll eat anything you ram into it and right off the line the guns are uber smooth. The only issues that ever come up are the mags but that can be said of all guns. Don't cheep out on mags and it'll run forever.

>Beretta 92fs

Get the M9 or the M9A1 because it has removable front sights and a better finish. Other than that the initial problems with the 92s and the m9s were all related to the ammo, same with the Sig P226 that was issued to socom. They weren't designed to run SMG rated ammunition but that's essentially all they were issued with. Either way the 92fs and it's family is a top notch firearm the only issues with it now are mags(again don't cheep out buy mec-gar)

>CZ-75

Decent firearms but not my preferred ones.

Get an HK or a Sig and you can't go wrong
>>
>>34690997
I forgot to mention that Wilson Combat does great work on Beretta firearms and I highly recommend them. And for the Hi-Power Nighthawk custom does great work as well.
>>
>>34686190
>It's an inferior design choice
Not really.you're less likely to drop the mag by accident and it provides a completely ambidextrous release. From a practical standpoint it makes sense the only real downside is learning it. which doesn't take long
>>
>>34690997
Fucking memelord. ever even shot a gun?
>>
>>34691071
I own a Colt 1911 Government 80s series that I'm having Wilson do custom work on, I have a Glock 32 as my main CC, and my Glock 21 as my bedside gun.
>>
>>34683688
>Over a thousand rounds
Why do people say this as if it's a lot? You're just getting started, dude.
>>
>>34690997
I agree with you on many aspects and I will probably get me a USP9 in the near future. All of the new HK doesn’t seem to be worth a damn imho. I feel the same way with CZ, back when they were $300 I might consider one but now, no way.
>>
>>34691156
Oh I forgot to add that I know from experience because I used to own a USP45 Tactical and a CZ75B both were let go because of the IRS. I will be be buying another USP.
>>
>>34685270
Lol you know that, do you? How do you know that?
>>
>>34691156
What's wrong with modern CZ? Their guns are priced totally fairly and while the P-10C is basically market pandering, the P-07 and P-09 are excellent pistols.
>>
>>34691156
The USP is their best desu, the only other one I'd consider buying is the P2000 series simply because it'd be a good alternative as a decocker only(plus i get them for a really good price as i'm in the industry)
>>
Someone from customer service told me that cerakote doesn't adhere well to HK slides since their steel is just "too hard".

Is there any truth to this wild claim?
>>
>>34691292
Most people tend not to cerakote they're HKs
>>
>>34691156

A full-size, all-steel CZ75 will run you about $550, whereas a USP will be around $800. I would not think twice and buy the CZ if I had to choose, no hesitation. USPs are alright guns, but they're overpriced and outdated. If you can, just get money and buy both.
>>
>>34691352
That's pretty neat, but can you answer my question?
>>
>>34690997

I thought M9A1s had permanent front sights like the basic bitch M9 models?
>>
>>34691407
shit you're right I was mistaken the M92a1 has the removable front sight post.
>>
>>34691199
Looking at the finish on a CZ I would never pay $500-$600 for one. They are glorified Saturday night specials, I’ve seen Hipoints with better finished slides/frames.
>>
>>34691394
If anything the HE finish and metal treatment are probably the cause of the issue with the cerakote adherence. Because the finish itself is known to be fairly easy to wear.
>>
File: pile stare.gif (2MB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
pile stare.gif
2MB, 300x164px
>>34691464
>want an M9 over a 92 because normal dust cover and no lawyer letters
>can't swap out front sights

JFMSU.
>>
>>34685015
>get a .45 ACP Compact if you do.

yeah get the worst one possible. u need 9mm for dat 15 round and full size only because the giblets inside are different than the compact and are what make the USP great. compact is vastley inferior. cant remember why atm but its true.
>>
>>34691558
Flat Iron recoil spring vs duel recoil spring mechanism so the frame over time is more susceptible to cracking in the compact.
>>
>>34690825
Training. Shot placement.
>>
>>34685954
>MFG TANAKA
>SPG
You realize that's airshit, right? Can you tell the difference between airsoft and real guns, anon?
>>
>>34683386
>>34683405
>>34683493
>>34683528
>>34683606
>>34683688
>>34683704
>>34683721
>>34683729
>>34684234

HK is shit and your girlfriend is a goat.
>>
>>34692792
someone is really butthurt
>>
File: 83c3370ab46bd1158f562cc05fe5ef2e.png (609KB, 1495x1601px) Image search: [Google]
83c3370ab46bd1158f562cc05fe5ef2e.png
609KB, 1495x1601px
>>34692792
> your girlfriend is a goat
but goats are cute
>>
>>34683688
>HK barrels are some of the best in the business
Then why do USP barrels shoot themselves out after only a few thousand rounds?

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/366218-mk23-barrel-wear-bore.html#post2709410

Faggot. HK's are shit.
>>
>>34692826
Goats are cute when they are in trees or on top of houses. That doesn't mean I want to stick my penis in one's anus.
>>
USP all the way, my dad owns one and it's his pride gun.
>>
>>34692840
Did you even read your link?

I have owned and shot the HK USP exclusively since January of 1994, and own "more than five" as of this writing. All of them have developed those exact same type of marks in the bore over time, this using only factory jacketed ammunition (Winchester/Federal/Speer) and meticulously cleaning the barrels with cotton patches soaked in Shooters Choice Bore Cleaner, and also using a Kleen-Bore Black Nylon bore brush and cotton bore mop to clean the barrels.

I have described the unusual lines as similar to just very slightly cutting/nicking yourself while shaving. From a practical standpoint of over 23 years live-fire range experience with the HK USP, and having a sample size of over five pistols in all three chamberings (9mmx19, .40 S&W and .45 ACP) I can tell you that there is absolutely no effect whatsoever on accuracy, and I would not waste any of your valuable time worrying about it.

Congratulations on an exceptional handgun with your Mark 23. If you want to take your pistol to the next level, strongly consider a grip re-texturing to get rid of the cheese graters on the front and back straps, a reduced reset trigger job from Lazy Wolf Guns, and the new GG&G rail adapter which is scheduled to be released very soon. If you like night sights, you can send the slide to Tooltech Gunsight, and they can drill Trijicon night sights into the factory sights.
>>
>>34692869
It's pitting. I've seen Glocks with tens of thousands of rounds down the pipe and the bore looked the same as new. Why do HK bores wear out so prematurely?
>>
>>34691276
>the only other one I'd consider buying is the P2000 series
>so shitty even HK doesn't sell or support it any more
>>
>>34683299
those are all funny ways of spelling 1911 in 9mm

you can even use it as a golfball
>>
>>34692886
>Why do HK bores wear out so prematurely?

bc it's soft steel (so the prestigious hammer forging process is easier on the mandrel) with shitty nitriding. you can use a Glock barrel and carve into an HK barrel and slide.
>>
>>34691475
you probably havent seen a modern cz then
>>
File: CZ100.jpg (48KB, 700x580px) Image search: [Google]
CZ100.jpg
48KB, 700x580px
>>34692950
>you probably havent seen a modern cz then
git fugged homo
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 770x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 770x960px
>>34683831
Jesus Christ, great rebuttal! Sure showed him!
>>
>>34692961
Did you seriously wait a day to pretend to be someone else?
>>
File: todd.jpg (50KB, 608x720px) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
50KB, 608x720px
>>34693026
barrel-kun here, thats not me.

>>34684118
>sell rifle based on the 416, a next gen combat rifle, made to hold up to harsh conditions and full auto fire
>put target barrels on them despite being piston guns and having inherently less accuracy potential
Who exactly thought that was a good idea.
>>
>>34693126
It's a sporting rifle made for civilian target shooting. The piston doesn't meaningfully affect precision.
>>
>>34693139
The Scar 16 still gets good accuracy and has a CHF Chromelined barrel that doesn't keyhole at 10k rounds and costs less.

If someone wanted to spend $3000 on super serious target rifle, they would be using a bolt gun or AR platform as a base.
>>
>>34692919
>here'sthatinfinityIwastellingyouabout
>>
Bumping a good thread
>>
>>34694887
lol
>>
OP here. Read all your good comments and for all metal, I'll take either a CZ 75 or Hi-Power but what about polymers? I am really interested in the CZ P07/P10. What's everyone's opinion on them?
>>
>>34683314
fpbp
>>
>>34691527
step 1. find a gunsmith.
step 2. have smith create compatible notch for your desired front site.
step 3. post the results. dont be a fag.
>>
>>34696306
>spending $100+ more money on something that should already exist on the gun

No.
>>
File: 1497829350976.jpg (247KB, 1158x627px) Image search: [Google]
1497829350976.jpg
247KB, 1158x627px
>>
>>34691071
When I see posts like this, it makes me shake my head in fear for humanity. Then I see them again. And again. And again....
>>
File: DSC_0482 (1).jpg (686KB, 2256x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0482 (1).jpg
686KB, 2256x1500px
C..can a Sigbro join this HK/Glock circlejerk?
>>
>>34699077
>boat anchor literally engraved into the side of the slide
what did sig mean by this?
>>
>>34699093
Village People special edition.
>>
>>34699093
yep a loaded P226R is no lightweight
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.