[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CCW Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 16

File: 92u3PBETtaw._UX970_TTW__.jpg (124KB, 970x600px) Image search: [Google]
92u3PBETtaw._UX970_TTW__.jpg
124KB, 970x600px
Can we have a gun belt/CCW belt thread? Finally gonna get a CHL here in Oregon, gonna be carrying a Glock 19 in an IWB kydex holster (no appendix carry faggotry, too chubby). There doesn't seem to be a clear go-to leather gun belt on the market, and it looks like there's quite a lot of variation in quality and price.

Alien Gear drew my eyes with their spring steel cored belts, but Hank's kydex-reinforced belts look good too; some redditfag mentioned the belt's kydex layer didn't extend to the holes, so that part of the belt is flimsy compared to the rest of it. I am okay spending money on a decent belt; I'm a big guy and need a belt that can keep its shit together. Anyone got a gud belt they're using to carry?
>>
Anything with a double layer of leather and some kind of hard insert will do. I've been using the Aker Gun Belt since 2011 and it's held up fine through EDC and weekly training. You don't have to spend a whole bunch on a functional belt, though I recommend getting something in brown so you can wear it with a wider array of pants and shoes.
>>
>>34682536
You may or may not want to check out SOE Belts. Though definitely youtube about them to know what you're ordering because if you fuck up they'll probably make a video about what a dumbass you are...fair warning.
Each of their belts are purpose built so make sure it's built for whatever the fuck you're into.
Just an option...you asked so I thought I'd just put it out there.
https://www.originalsoegear.com
>>
>>34682570
Thanks for another possible product to choose from, anon. I'll check those out too. The plan is to get a brown belt; I really don't have a need for a black one, though in the future I may get one just so I have the option for more formal dress. Never know when a funeral might get lively enough that you need a gat. All my regular shoes are brown so brown belt and watch strap are all I've ever got on me.

>>34682609
I know about SOE, though it looks like they don't do any leather stuff; it's all the super rigid nylon duty belt stuff.
>>
>>34682536

"ZOMG I have to spend $100 on a belt!" is a meme. No reason to spend much unless you are a /fa/g anon.

https://www.amazon.com/Spec-Ops-Brand-Better-1-5-Inch-Black/dp/B004WA8N8K/ref=sr_1_6?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1422408414&sr=1-6&keywords=bdu+belt
>>
>>34683039
Oh...been CCWing a G19 with this belt for 3 years now. It's tits.
>>
>>34682609
SOE sucks ass, shit customer service, and the owner is a felon.
>>
>>34682536
Good thread OP, I just got my CCL so I'll be monitoring
>>
>>34683039
>>34683043
>wearing anything other than a leather belt
I bet you wear shorts too, you fucking manchild
>>
>>34683039
That belt looks chintzy as fuck. It's something I would expect a kid wearing oversized cargo shorts to have.

Get some taste.
>>
Hanks Gun Belts. go with the kydex option if you're carrying anything more than a sub.

it's a great belt, i'm wearing one now
>>
>>34682536
I like Aker Leather products, but you have to pay attention to the sizing requirements for IWB carry. They sell them on Amazon.

>no appendix carry faggotry, too chubby
lose weight then, lardass. I lost my gut and switched to AIWB, and will never allow myself to get fat again. I love it too much.
>>
>>34683057
>>34683067

/fa/g detected. I buy shit that works. I'm always wearing a cover garment so who gives a shit what it looks like. Besides tranny hookers no one else ever sees this belt.
>>
>>34683039
Buy this belt and go on a diet anon. you can just trim the end and melt/crimp it flat as you lose weight so you can join the AIWB master race.

KETO DIET WORKS. I have lost almost 100lbs while using this belt.
>>
>>34683090
Kek, I misjudged you, anon
>>
>>34683039
OP here, you are fucking retarded. That is not a gun belt, it's a flimsy single layer of nylon that will sag and make carry uncomfortable. The point of a gun belt is that it's rigid and thick so it can actually support shit and keep it upright without having to tighten it to the point that it's cutting off my circulation. Do you even understand the distinction between belt and gun belt?

>>34683077
A vote for the Hanks, coolio. It's more expensive than the Alien Gear, but I do like the nylon inner layer.

Seriously the fags recommending I buy some shitty nylon belt that I already own the Blackhawk version of, you're fired. That is not a gun belt.
>>
>>34683086
/k/ is the reason I'm losing weight, so I can appendix carry
I have one of those reversible 5.11 belts. It's nothing great, but my old belts don't fit anymore because they're too big

Thank you /k/ for saving me from being a fatass with your tactical shaming
>>
>>34682536
I'm one of the guys that spent a ton on the belt. Got two Beltman belts, one brown and one black, in horsehide, with the internal stiffener. They ran around $100 each iirc.

I also had the Aliengear belt and holster combo to start off. Beltman really blew this belt away. The comfort level is way higher. It's thinner but also sturdier. I recently went and got them both shortened due to weight loss (didn't feel like shipping them so went to a leather shop to take off 4" from each one) and the guys working the counter asked how much the belts were because they don't get to see leather that quality often.

If I sound like a shill that's fine. I wasn't sure about them either until I got them in, and even the first couple weeks of wearing until I broke them in.

Alien gear is okay. Just know there's better, and anyone telling you it's just a price tag and brand name has never actually worn better.

Same with the holster, by the way. I put my alien gear holster (for G19) away for good when my Stealthgear showed up. Easy choice.

Is there anything worse than "well my alien gear works fine" bullshit everyone spreads? Yeah it works, but there IS better and more comfortable stuff out there.
>>
>>34683115
If you were carrying OWB I'd agree with you anon. IWB all the belt does is hold the gun tight against you it's not supporting all the weight like it has to with OWB. If yuo have issues with this belt holding your gun up it's not tight enough.

L2physics.
>>
>>34683090
>you're a /fa/g if you want to look normal with an adult belt
>you're not buying shit that works if it's not cheap as fuck
Your defense of this cheap ass belt is admirable
>>
File: HMZ60Ms.jpg (172KB, 650x975px) Image search: [Google]
HMZ60Ms.jpg
172KB, 650x975px
I've got a Magpul El Tejas belt and blade tech holsters. I can't complain.
>>
>>34683135
>look normal with an adult belt

Who sees the belt if you have a cover garment on 24/7? Do you wear frilly underwear no one will ever see to feel pretty too anon?
>>
>>34683154
>Cover garment 24/7
You sound like you dress like an asshole or a child.
>>
>>34683154
>Who sees the belt if you have a cover garment on 24/7?
You wear your cover garment to bed? That's dedication. Almost as dedicated as defending that "Velcro wallet" equivalent of a belt.

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing such a childish looking belt but hey, it's your money.
>>
>>34683097
Fuck off scott, you didnt lose weight because of a keto diet, you lost weight because you were a fatass, and you stopped eating like a fatass.
>>
>>34683086
I mean yeah I should probably lose weight, but you saying I shouldn't carry until I drop the weight necessary to appendix carry? Cuz that's just dumb famalam

>>34683125
I'll have to check out Beltman's offerings. I already have a holster ready to go, a Bravo Concealment DOS (Testicular) Torsion. So far the holsters I've ordered from them I like, we'll see how this holster does.

>>34683134
Bruh you say that but you don't have muffin top pushing the rear sight outward. A rigid belt will help keep the gun close to the body and not awkwardly stick out since my waist is larger than my hips. I'm built fugly, I've got narrow ass hips and broad shoulders.

>>34683140
The Tejas belts were something that interested me, but they run too small.

>>34683154
Nigga do you never tuck in your shirt at work or wear anything nice like a button-down shirt or a suit? What kind of manchild slob are you? Dressing like an adult often means your belt shows, so a tacticool nylon faggot strap is not gonna cut it.
>>
>>34683176
>Nigga do you never tuck in your shirt at work or wear anything nice like a button-down shirt or a suit?
Listening to the ramblings of this guy it sounds like he thinks wearing cargo shorts and a tee shirt under a "cover garment" is acceptable daily attire
>>
>>34683181
Probably because he's a NEET or stuck in some shitty warehouse job where there's no dress code and nobody gives a fuck about looking sharp.
>>
>>34683161
Straight hem button up shirts untucked. At work that means a print of some type or a camp shit. Leisure time I like dickies work shirts or hawaiian type shirts.

>>34683167
>it's your money

And I'd rather spend it on ammo than ego gear.

>>34683176
>A rigid belt will help keep the gun close to the body

This belt is plenty rigid. Also when I was fatter it actually helped concealment that it was squished into my fat a bit. I use an IWB holster with a sweat shield and always wear an undershirt so no part of the gun is in direct contact with my body.

>wearing a suit

I only wear suits at weddings and funerals. I will typically wear a J-frame IWB with barami hip grips in those situations.
>>
Shoes are where I put my money to look good. Like I said no one ever sees my belt. I originally bought this cheap belt because I got tired of buying new belts everytime my waist got smaller. I could just trim this belt as I got unfat. Worked so well I stuck with it. My apologies for trying to help an anon out with my personal experience.
>>
>>34683203
"This belt is plenty rigid"
Did the miss the part where I said I own this belt already? And no, it's not rigid enough. Leave the thread already
>>
>>34683228
You have a problem with it. I don't. Two people have never had different experiences. Logic problem intensifies.
>>
>>34683203
>And I'd rather spend it on ammo than ego gear.
It's not "ego gear". If it's your EDC then you will, literally, be wearing it every day. Looking professional in your EDC is better than looking like a manchild in your EDC.

>I only wear suits at weddings and funerals. I will typically wear a J-frame IWB with barami hip grips in those situations.
Oh Christ my sides. Show's over, folks.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Another plug for beltman. Had mine for about 4 years and other than normal cosmetic marks is still stiff as a board.

You WILL have better results with a higher quality belt, no matter what brand it is.
>>
>>34682536
Peeps will argue about this stiff, that stiff yadda yadda, for me I focus on thickness. Been using the Safariland Plainclothes gunbet for a few years now and can't find a reason to replace it.
>>
>>34683203
If that's the style that works for you that's fine, but you gotta realize a lot (maybe the majority?) of adult men tuck in their shirts from time to time, if not all the time. A tacticool or shitty looking belt just won't do.

>>34683226
You can buy nice things on both sides, you know. Buy once cry once.
>>
Look at it this way:

It's not like buying a holster or magazines. It's not gun specific. You'll use it for many years with different guns and holster. Spend a little more and get something good.
>>
>>34683318
CCW is a compromise for sure. You can either pick a gun based on how you like to dress or you can choose how to dress based on what gun you like to carry. My dad is a perfect example. He's so vain he can't live with untucked shirts so he compromises what he can carry(small pocket gun). I wanted to CCW something with more capacity so I learned how to not look like a slob with untucked shirts. Where I live it's too hot most of the year to wear jackets so if you want to IWB you have to wear untucked shirts. I did try one of those tuckable holsters for a while but found it was just too obvious I was wearing a gun(interesting conversations at work) and it added a potential complication to my draw stroke I didn't like.
>>
File: a2495blk-1_grande.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
a2495blk-1_grande.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>34682536
Hanks Gunner belt
>>
>>34683077
You don't need the kydex. I carry a full size on a standard gunner and it's fine.
>>
>>34683398
>(interesting conversations at work)
Is that a gun or are you just happy to see me?
>>
>>34683398
Up here in the communist state of Connecticut we're reduced to 10 rounds anyway, so it doesn't make too much of a difference for me going pocket pistol or Glock.

Depending on the shirt (and your job/the movements it entails) I'll agree with you on the tuckable holsters. My last job had me bending over to pick stuff up a lot, and I swapped to a pocket gun during work for that reason. In an office setting or wherever though I feel like you could tuck and just check it when you take a bathroom break throughout the day. Maybe not. Haven't actually tried it yet.

I've yet to work at a place that lets you come in with an untucked shirt though. Or a place that's 2A friendly. I hate the Northeast.

The draw stroke definitely would be hampered. Just one more thing to practice at home when you're bored.
>>
>>34683677
I work in IT so even wearing untucked button downs or polo shirts I'm already dressed better than most of my colleagues on a day to day basis. Crawling around/under/in between server stacks, mucking around under people's desks was bad juju with a tuckable holster. Also you can't get away from having the clips be visible outside your belt which some attentive people did notice and ask about. Untucked AIWB on the other hand is invisible.
>>
>>34683090
It doesn't work though, I gotta agree with the fag.

Why not just get a normal belt
>>
>>34683154
>implying I wear underwear
>>
>>34683154
> Do you wear frilly underwear no one will ever see to feel pretty too anon?

what's wrong with it?
and not like no one ever sees it.... :3
>>
You want bull hide.

I got mine from belt man.
>>
>tfw browse threads like this
>despite living in cuck county in CA
>can't even legally CC or OC
If this shit doesn't change in the next 5 years I'm going to assassinate Dianne Feinstein with 4 flintlocks like fucking Blackbeard.
>>
>>34684121
As awesome as that would be, they would then start regulating black powder firearms heavily. "Look how easy it is to get them! Many aren't even considered firearms! Think of the politici... I mean children!"

Use a lawnmower on her
>>
just do a full grain leather belt from LL Bean. Lifetime returns.
>>
>>34682536

Until you are carrying all-steel or something over 30 oz, anyway, you're fine with the thickest normal belt like Levi's. A reinforced "gun" belt will be better, though. After 30 oz, go for the gun belt.
>>
anybody have any experience with bigfoot gun belts? seem reasonably priced to me
>>
File: 20170728_114124-1.jpg (164KB, 792x1159px) Image search: [Google]
20170728_114124-1.jpg
164KB, 792x1159px
>>34682536
>>
File: 20170728_114212-1.jpg (210KB, 1044x1184px) Image search: [Google]
20170728_114212-1.jpg
210KB, 1044x1184px
>>34685193
>>
>>34685046
>Lifetime returns
Same with Hank's
>>
>>34683044
As if someone committing a crime means they are inherently a bad human........
>>
>>34682536
Fuck CC, man up don't be a bitch and open carry
>>
>>34685249
It does
>>
Just curious what is model would a compact 9mm glock be?
>>
>>34685203
So...you don't know how to dress yourself?
>>
>>34685331
Don't care.
>>
>>34683039
that looks like dog shit
>>
>>34685330
What does this question mean?
>>
Fuk you gags are all depressing op here it's what I use with my dickies.

https://www.constructiongear.com/boston-leather-belt-stitched-edge-6582st.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=104078511930&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2LjGBRDYm9jj5JSxiJcBEiQAwKWAC_AWc6pkCIHPcw36bVolRJxBQWo3_p6O800ZqswpbZIaAgIQ8P8HAQ

They have 1.5 inch width too if your pants loops let you.
>>
>>34685971
My bad the link I posted is 1.5 I ment they also have 1.75

Pic related the 1.5 I wear. I. Carry appendix glock 19 5,6 180w
>>
File: image.jpg (258KB, 2165x2165px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
258KB, 2165x2165px
>>34685971
>>34685996
Jesus Christ
>>
I got mine on eBay. Handcrafted gun belt, $30. If you decide to spend $100 on a belt you should ask yourself how much kewlaide you're really drinking
>>
New to pistols. My 18th bday was last week. My plan is to buy a Ruger SP101 4" barrel (5771) and use it as a range toy until I turn 21, and then I'll buy a P938. Good plan or should I buy the P938 now as a range toy?
>>
>>34685326
Do you drive the speed limit all of the time? Are you completely sure that you have filled out your taxes correctly every time?
>>
>>34682536
I cc a glock 17 IWB on a regular ass leather belt, I have never felt the need to buy fancy belt.
>>
>>34682536
I've had the aliengear for about 3 years now and it's held up surprisingly well.

little bit of warping where i used to carry around 430 but nothing bad and it still does it's job fine.
>>
>>34685193
>>34685203
>those wrinkled ass cargo shorts
>that poor-fitting t-shirt

Dude, wear shirts that actually fit you. Baggy shirts just make you look like even more of a skeleton.

>>34685319
Tripfag with a retarded opinion? Say it ain't so.

>>34685330
...the Glock 19 is the compact 9mm for Glock's lineup. The Glock 26 is smaller, that's a sub-compact. Then there's the 43 which is the 9mm single stack. I have capacity anxiety though, so fuck that shit. I need at least 12 rounds on the gun for my own confidence.

>>34685502
"Don't care"
>what is the power of appearance for $200, Alex
Dressing like shit usually means you're shit. Dress nice, people are going to take you more seriously in the professional world. They're going to respect you more, find you more attractive and powerful, and ultimately like you better. A slob dressed like shit doesn't attract anyone. Mind you, you don't have to buy expensive clothes to dress nice. Plain t-shirts that fit well, a good pair of jeans or khakis, and some brown shoes go a long way to make you look less shit.

>>34686177
Why you hijacking my thread fgt
P938 is bretty gud, I'd buy it over the Ruger. Keep in mind small pistols are harder to shoot though, and the 938 has 1911 ergos which can be annoying with thumbs forward.
>>
>>34686541
Big difference between those examples and a felony. But to answer your question, yes.
>>
I FUCKING GOT MY CC PERMIT TODAY

Alright. I'm still kind of new to guns. Bought a pistol last month, took one lass, and have gone to the range to shoot about 100 rounds ever weekend. That's the amount of my gun experience. Now with my CC permit, I want to start carrying all the time. Have any good advice for a novice CC'er?
>I live next to a fucking ghetto. One day I may have to use it even though I hope it never comes to that.
>>
>>34687137
Please excuse my shitty keyboard and missing letters
>>
>>34687137
What are you carrying? Get some snap caps so you can practice dry firing and loading/malfunction drills.

Be confident. The confidence of being armed is probably your biggest advantage. People can read body language and will instinctively know not to fuck with you.

Don't worry about printing, don't mess with your gun or shield it as it'll give you away and make you look nervous.
>>
File: IMG_2342.jpg (192KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2342.jpg
192KB, 960x1280px
>>
>>34687174
>What are you carrying?
M&P Shield
(Got it because of the rebate)
>>
>>34685330
According to glock it's the G19. Some people say that's a duty sized or full sized gun but personally id consider it between a compact and a fullsize. I like to think of it as a mid size gun.

If the g19 is too big then go with a g26. If you want something inbetween then try another brand.
>>
>>34682609
Don't promote SOE
>>
>>34687060
>you said crime not felony
>press x to doubt
>>
>>34687137
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Even if a shoot is good it can very easily cost you 10s of grand, your freedom, and your future safety. Avoid shootings.

Follow the rule of stupid: don't go stupid places with stupid people at stupid times. Frankly avoiding all three is best.

Get more training.

Nobody will notice you printing unless it's truly awful. Just don't be sketchy about it.

Take classes and read up on your soft skills.

Learn the local law and most importantly how they are enforced in your area.

Get a good SD lawyer ahead of time.

Having hand to hand skills and a less-lethal tool such as mace can be nice for those situations where you have to do something but don't want to shoot for whatever reason.

Good ammo, good holster, and a good belt are the holy trinity of gentlemanly carry.
>>
>>34686869
Not him but fuck off fag let him dress how he wants I'm skinny fat but I wear 2xl t shirts n size 34 but wear size 38 pants. I can hide a glock 34 thanks to my swag.

That's how majority of people dress here in the ghetto. Only time yoll catch me dressed like a faggot is when I'm at work or at da clubs or beach.
>>
>>34687137
Go break your Walmart cherry. I was pretty nervous people would notice me printing until I did that, then you just realize people don't notice shit.

Or if they do they don't say anything.

>>34687261
>good ammo, good holster, and good belt
100% this. Good holster and belt and you won't be fucking with it all day, and it'll stay hidden better. Good ammo is more obvious.

>>34686177
When you say range toy, are you looking to start a full collection in the future? I have the P238, which I bought specifically for pocket carrying. It's "okay" at the range but larger pistols are more fun.

>>34687370
Is this a parody or some kind of pasta I don't know about? Why would you be proud of dressing like people "in the ghetto" do, and even worse, rationalizing it away by calling people of a higher social class faggots?

>hide a glock 34 thanks to my swag
I can (and do) hide a Colt 1911 with a small size polo and fitting pants.
>>
>>34687370
>hurr durr if you dress nice you're a faggot
kill yourself nigger
>>
>>34687407
this just the way we dress out here least the older group. Because modern men dress like faggots is that to hard to understand?

Your 1911 is thin try that with a double stack.

When I dress "proper" I pocket carry a lcp 2 till it's time to go back to baggy.
>>
>>34687407
>Go break your Walmart cherry.
There's a local summer festival block party thing going on here. I was considering going to that and walking around a large crowd while carrying.

>>34687261
Thanks
>>
>>34687436
Skelly faggot cracka no guns wearing tight clothes isn't dressing nice it's gay.
>>
>>34687470
nigga I'm fat

Well-fitting =/= tight. You wouldn't know the difference because you don't give a fuck about your appearance. Probably never get pussy either cuz you look like shit.
>>
>>34686869
>CCW thread
>Asks CCW question
>why you hijacking my thread fgt
???
>>
>>34687589
Really projection lmao

Ima end this here by saying it ain't how u dress it's yo mouth piece. That nigga wearing a 5xl tall tee size 42 jeans with game will get pussy faster then the nigga with no game dressed in designer clothing.
>>
>>34687407
I don't want a collection, just a small pistol and a big pistol. Small pistol for EDC and I guess range time to practice, big pistol for range fun and if I need to I can carry it (so no more than 30oz prolly)

I figured I'd get the big one since I'm not old enough to carry yet and small pistols are less fun for anything that isn't shooting bad guys
>>
>>34682570
I also have a cheap ass Aker that is going strong. You can get them under $30
>>
Anyone Mexican Carry with a trigger guard clip? I like the low drag idea of it but I don't know how much people enjoy it. I wouldn't do it without the clip + lanyard.
>>
>>34687436
>>34686869
Still don't care. It's 100+ degrees so I'm just going to wear what's convenient. Dressing nice draws attention. I don't want attention.
>>
>>34685326
>>34683044
If someone served their time, that's punishment enough. Unless theyve been diddling kids their slate should be clean imo
>>
I like to carry my 229 owb in a black point leatherwing holster. Can anyone recommend a good button up over shirt as a cover garment?
>>
File: 20170728_032650.jpg (1MB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
20170728_032650.jpg
1MB, 2304x1296px
>>34687665
Is a sticky holster low drag enough? If you're gonna Mexican carry its a good idea for retention and it will be much more comfortable against your skin. Stop the sweat from getting in your gun and getting chemicals in you. Protects the gun and trigger when you're not using it. Wedge between seat and center console for a car holster. Smaller ones are good for pocket carry.
>>
>>34687726
No sticky holster is shit he's better of with an unlce mikes I ben carrying over for years and uncle mike is reliable enough.

Never understood the hate for them.
>>
>>34687726
The stickiness sounds gross and that holster seems thiccer than it needs to be if I would clip it. I definitely want a hard case for the trigger guard. The basic covering of it makes sense tho, maybe a very thin cloth or leather holster I can clip to my pants. I know there's those expanding pocket holsters, they seem jank alone but with a clip it might be good. The deep concealment is nice too.
>>
>>34687726
I love mine, it distributes the weights well do you can use a normal belt. I usually tuck mine when I'm at work and readjust occasionally in the bathroom.
>>
File: 20170728_173323.jpg (2MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170728_173323.jpg
2MB, 4128x3096px
>>34687827
Pics related
>>
File: 20170728_173330.jpg (2MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170728_173330.jpg
2MB, 4128x3096px
>>34687827
>>34687853
>>
>>34687794
I've used sticky holsters for years. Turned two of my friends onto them, too.
>>
>>34687825
It isn't sticky its kinda a fine rubberized leathery feeling material and smooth inside. It's sealed off. I spray silicon inside mine to help maintain the finish. I carried a bulgy mak in one for a few years and now I use the holster on another pistol. Still works great. Reforms to new firearms quickly.
>>
>>34687906
The sealing off is good and well but the bigger reason I want a shell on the trigger is the chance of a soft holster deforming around the trigger.
>>
>>34687643
I'd go with your idea then, yeah. I didn't want a collection either but I'm up to 3 pistols now and looking at more, it's an easy bug to catch!

>>34687665
Absolutely not.

>>34687726
>>34687825
>>34687827
I usually swap my Glock into a Remora to have next to the bed at night. It IS super convenient, but I wouldn't use it for anything long term when hybrid and AIWB holsters with dedicated loops or clips exist.

That being said, works just fine when you're taking the trash out in a robe in the morning and they're cheap enough to try out and trash if you don't like it.
>>
>>34687693
Part of "serving their time" is the loss of some rights.
>>
>>34687865
I had an accident in 7-11 the moment I walked in the door my glock 19 with holster slipped dwn my shorts whats worse I naturally look like a thug.

Thankfully nothing happen the cashier look shooked af.

I now use an unlce mikes and never looked back.
>>
>>34687935
They won't warp around the trigger. I've carried with one through multiple Mojave desert summers and winters and it is still strong. They have a lifetime warranty on the integrity of the holster.
>>
>>34687260
I was responding to someone that was responding to someone talking about a felon.

Reading comprehension is your friend.
>>
>>34687982
Wtf you were trying to carry that shit in basketball shorts?
>>
>>34688003
No dickies shorts. Fuck it if they work for you then keep it.
>>
>>34688049
With no belt?
>>
File: 1501114478024.jpg (23KB, 337x372px) Image search: [Google]
1501114478024.jpg
23KB, 337x372px
>>34687200
What is this? I want it.
>>
>>34689198
Not that anon but I think it's a T.rex arms sidecar
>>
>>34687716
To clarify this, i mean are those "tactical" over shirts worth the money? Do they do anything regular ones don't?
>>
>>34689198
>>34689267
It's a StealthGear Ventcore appendix+ in "flat dark earth," which is close enough to OD green they may have sent me the wrong color. But hey it's a CC holster so I didn't complain. I just wish the magpouch was deeper so it would fit a 15; they do offer that for the G19 version so maybe I could have special requested it, oh well. Not like I have a CCL yet.
>>
>>34689325
They have an added benefit of costing more and making you look like a dick.
>>
File: IMAG0693.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0693.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
Just picked this up after work today. Was going to be my first handgun but the gun store owner convinced me to get a 19 instead. Going to get a crossbreed super/minituck to go with it. Am I worthy?
>>
>>34690213
Get a couple Pearce +2 extensions for your spare mags. The ones that have the pinky rest help a lot.
>>
>>34690213
>>34691625
http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK%20GEN%204/PG-G42733

This exactly. Perfect to make the grip more comparable to a G19. Shooting small guns is more difficult because you've got less surface to stabilize grip and concentrate on that trigger finger.
>>
>>34690213
I'm confused. Did you get the glock 26 or did the owner convince you to get the glock 19? Either way can't go wrong with Glock as a carry gun.

>>34691625
>>34691630
If you start bulking it up to make the grip comparable to the G19, why not just get the G19? Honest question.
>>
I second on the Aker Gun Belts I have been wearing them for probably 15 years and they hold up great. Just two pieces of leather with a polymer insert sewed in between and can be had for about 50 bucks or so. They always stay straight and support any firearm I want to carry.
>>
>>34682536
Get a Bigfoot leather belt. Steel core, doesn't warp. Looks clean and professional.
>>
>>34691630

I was going to use my 19 mags for backup.

>>34692721

I bought the 19 a few years ago. Just picked this up yesterday.
>>
>>34682536

You can be 300 pounds, still carry aiwb.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ag71l93rvao
>>
>>34682536
Maybe I'm retarded and can't read, but could anyone point me to the holster being used in the OP pic
>>
>>34687935
I've been using sticky/remora/blackhawk tec-grip style holsters with Glocks for years. I defy you to actuate the trigger to striker release while it's in the holster unless there's a hole in it.
>>
>>34683057
It's currently 108 degrees outside.
I'll wear shorts if I damn well please.
>>
>>34692721
Because anon, you can make it smaller than the 19 by simply switching which mag you use.

Comfy mag for looser clothes, stubby mag for utmost concealment when you wanna wear a pleather bodysuit
>>
>>34696894
I don't think anyone mentioned what it was. With the single soft loop, maybe Raven Concealment?
>>
>>34696981
Dry heat or high humidity?
>>
>>34682536

Gonna be making my own belt soon. Got a heavy duty machine, that can easily handle thick leather, so it should handle the nylon with ease. Still looking for a buckle for it.
>>
Need a recommendation on how to cc a g17. I need a belt and holster. Any advice appreciated.

5'9
145 lbs
32 waist
>>
>>34698194
Beltman horsehide and Stealth Gear standard ventcore.
>>
>>34698275
>Beltman horsehide and Stealth Gear standard ventcore.
Saved, ty
>>
bampu
>>
>$100 belt
I don't think a special "gun belt" is necessary for CCW, how much shit are you hanging off your belt on a regular day out?

When it comes to holsters I like kydex IWB. I would highly recommend leather snap loops (I got replacements from Alien Gear for like $8) over the common plastic clips on cheaper kydex holsters. If you have some huge crazy gun belt maybe it's fine, but I don't trust them to not just pull the holster out if you had to draw your weapon. Leather loops with nice snaps is good peace of mind that the holster is NOT gonna come out with the gun in a tight fit kydex holster. Just my $0.02
>>
So /k/, I'm more paranoid about something going wrong with a gun (suicide, accidentally hurting a loved one, kid finds it and hurts themself or others) than I am about needing it for self defense. How do I fix this?
>>
>>34702135
You don't. You're forever doomed to be a fucking pussy.
>>
File: 1501220439173.jpg (21KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1501220439173.jpg
21KB, 240x240px
>>34701826
>I don't think a special "gun belt" is necessary for CCW
You must enjoy having your belt flop around like an octogenarian's titties.
>>
>>34702135
If you have to ask this maybe you shouldn't own a firearm.
>>
>>34702177
If you feel like you need some heavy kydex reinforced leather belt to hold a 19oz subcompact CCW go for it, I'm just saying most decent quality belts you may already own do perfectly fine. If the fact that it is marketed as a "gun belt" makes you feel more badass with your tacticool pants that's just fine, but it is not "necessary".
>>
>>34702178
Probably not, I have a family history of anxiety or some shit. It's the fucking worst.
>>
File: classicgunbelt_black_1536x1100.jpg (161KB, 1536x1100px) Image search: [Google]
classicgunbelt_black_1536x1100.jpg
161KB, 1536x1100px
>>34682536
I have a belt from crossbreed ive been using for years. I would trust my life with this thing.
>>
>>34702178
Be me dont have ccl but do have leather belts.
>hang hammers from belt
>no problem
>could easily hang light weight glock off belt with no issues.
>>
>>34682536
what setup does that shield has? looks pretty comfy
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.