[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWI Armaments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: camsPOEC8-4-TURNED.jpg (1MB, 4257x1599px) Image search: [Google]
camsPOEC8-4-TURNED.jpg
1MB, 4257x1599px
It's 1914 and you are the head of the war ministry for a small, but obscenely rich European country.

You've been given a blank cheque and told to organize the acquisition of your army's weapons and equipment.

What do you arm your soldiers with? This includes period-correct modifications of those weapons up until July 1914.
>>
Winchester 1907
It's semi automatic with a removable box magazine in 5, 10, and 20 rounds.
Conversions to full auto were done, so could be used as smg
Handles similarly to m1 carbine
Ballistics of .351 wsl are similar to early loads of 30-30
>>
File: Avtomat_M1916_Fedorov.jpg (115KB, 1200x464px) Image search: [Google]
Avtomat_M1916_Fedorov.jpg
115KB, 1200x464px
>>34682250
Fedorov in 7,62
>>
>>34682250
Gew98 and an m1911, if you survive all tje artillery you will be well off.
>>
>>34682250
>up until July 1914.
oh wait
not intrested
>>
>>34682316
What sorcery allows you to use a gun designed in 1915 in 1914?
>>
>>34682320
>>34682326
or i would force development because first prototype was designed in 1913
>>
File: 1474714020566.jpg (265KB, 1200x868px) Image search: [Google]
1474714020566.jpg
265KB, 1200x868px
>>34682326
>>34682320
Alright, one caveat: weapons produced between 1914 and 1918 only be fielded to a maximum of 10% of your army due to it being cutting edge technology and prohibitively expensive.
>>
>>34682339
Doesnt that go against the point of it being a blank check from an obscenely rich country?
>>
>>34682339
>obscenely rich European country
Stop changing the fucking rules ass hole
>>
>>34682250
Would probably just field large quantities of Madsen LMGs and arm rest with C96 carbines.
>>
>>34682250
Model 1897 75mm cannon.
Maxim guns.
More Maxim guns.
Even more Maxim guns.
Some rifles of some sort.
>>
>>34682250
Belt-fed water cooled LMGs with backpacks filled with ammo. Then up armor all my soldiers. Then I have them start while walking slowly towards the enemy. They will become more accurate the longer the fire.
t. levelcap.
>>
>>34682310
idk why more Euro nations in WW2 didn't adopt this, especially the smaller ones. Combat-proven and highly effective despite being old tech.
>>
>>34682250
Maxims and Winchester 1895s in in 7mm Mauser. The Winchester 1895s will be ordered with clip guides and bayonet lugs, just as the Russian contract ones were, except all of these will be carbines as opposed to full length rifles. 7mm Rolling Blocks will be ordered for rear line troops, so as to free up Winchester 95s for the front lines. For trench raids, Winchester 1907s and 1910s will be bought. 1 in 4 men will be issued a 1907 or 1910 in order to increase short range firepower. Large amounts of Webley Bulldogs and their knockoffs will also be bought, with every man being issued one for use in trench combat. Madsen machine guns will also be bought in some numbers. Artillery will be bought based on who my allies are, so either German or French depending on what alliances my country has.
>>
Basic infantry would be equipped with Swedish Mauser carbines, with one in five getting a winchester 1907. Snipers would get rifle length Swede Mausers. For trench raids, at least one man will also be equipped with a remington model 10. Machineguns will be of Maxim design. Artillery will be based on who my allies are. Grenades will be based on German designs.
>>
>>34683221
couldn't keep up with the ammo expenditure. logistics aren't there when everything is on horse/rail and that's being generous and assuming you have enough material and factories to build the ammo.
>>
File: GorgetFREagle.jpg (156KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
GorgetFREagle.jpg
156KB, 500x333px
>>34682250

Uniform? Probably some shade of grey, blue or green with piping in a brighter colour and brass buttons. Perhaps add a gorget (there are two types, if it were large then it would offer protection, if small then more psychological-pic related) and a steel or leather helmet.

The default would be leather webbing as that is what looks better on dress uniforms, although i would invest in trial canvas webbing.
Would need 4-6 front pouches and attachment for a water bottle and bayonet.
Perhaps have a baldric for swords or sword bayonets.

Britain was obscenely rich and had a good selection

Lee enfield rifle , .303 - effective up to 500 metres and maximum of 2,740 metres.
Capacity of 10- better than most other rifles, sturdy construction and long bayonet, bolt action so reliable but very smooth action so can fire very quickly if trained to do so in a "mad minute", an trained could get off 20-30 rounds on target per minute.
Less wasting valuable ammunition and overtaxing supply lines , simpler to machine than a winchester and sturdier.

Vickers/maxim gun.
.303 calibre, Water cooled and belt fed, 500 rounds per minute effective up to 2,000 metres and reaching to 4,000. Incredibly reliable; providing barrels were changed it could and would fire constantly and without failure

>In August 1916, during which the British 100th Company of the Machine Gun Corps fired their ten Vickers guns continuously for twelve hours. Using 100 barrels, they fired a million rounds without a failure

Lewis Gun
Man portable machine gun, gas operated and air cooled, 5-600 rpm, .303 like the vickers and the enfield, effective up to 800 metres, maximum of 3,200 metres. Capacity from 47 to 97 in magazines.
Given to one soldier per squad, really adds a lot of firepower to your mobile infantry and can go where the vickers cannot.

Tanks did not exist, cavalry did. Acting under the assumptions i would have acted on i would have equipped cavalry with semi automatic Mauser pistols and sabres.
>>
>>34682250
Have our nations scientists start development of Tanks and Ghille Suits while advancing aviation technology. I said start development.

Standard arm is the Winchester 1907 for front line combat, reserves get guns we buy from the USA.
Maxim guns
More maxim guns
More Artillery
>>
>>34684257
>Development of ghillie suits...
Other than flame retardant material they have not advanced that much.
>>
>>34684257

Tanks as a concept or the scenario for tanks do not yet exist, so you cant start developing something which does not conceptually exist.

all that exist are very rudimenary armoured cars, motor technology itself being very new. These armoured cars, you *can* develop, and in doing so will be laying the groundwork for future innovation (tanks).

Also

>ghillie suits
already exist (gamekeepers and poachers in Britain), just grass and shit stuck onto your clothes m8, also wont do much good in the trenches, in fact you will probably stand out . Depends on your scenario i suppose.
>>
>cheque
Stopped reading
>>
A rifle, produced in another country, with a rotary box magazine that renders it extremely expensive for marginal benefit.
>>
File: jrx9mnzbj8bx.png (521KB, 822x528px) Image search: [Google]
jrx9mnzbj8bx.png
521KB, 822x528px
>>34682477
*blocks your path*
>>
File: madsen-brazil-2013.jpg (527KB, 990x569px) Image search: [Google]
madsen-brazil-2013.jpg
527KB, 990x569px
The Madsen seems like it would make an ideal LMG, something troops would actually be able to take with them across no-man's-land and use in enemy trenches, or to use in a position until you're able to get a Maxim set up.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.