[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just signed for 0313 LAV crewman, how fucked am I?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: lav_25.jpg (56KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
lav_25.jpg
56KB, 600x400px
just signed for 0313 LAV crewman, how fucked am I?
>>
>>34681772
Congrats your a POG that gets treated as shitty as a grunt
>>
>>34681772

Get IED`d, faggit
>>
>>34681772
Not as protected as the Chinese LAV for sure.
>>
>>34681772
You're gonna be riding around in a good boy!
I hope you make it back~ <3
>>
File: 1500765067147.png (168KB, 312x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500765067147.png
168KB, 312x300px
Best case scenario: You use your in service tuition to get a bachelors degree while in and lead a somewhat successful life

Good case scenario: You use your GI Bill to pay for a bachelors degree in something marketable after you get out.

Most common case scenario: You get out with nothing except your USMC t-shirts and work at gas stations the rest of your life

Worst case scenario: You use the skills the USMC taught you to endure the worst bullshit and live as a pandhandler on the side of the road holding up homeless veteran signs

t. USAF join the right branch you fucking retard
>>
LAVs are cute. Cute!
>>
>>34681772
I was an 0311 assigned to LAR. You won't be doing many infantry related shit. Crewman rarely dismount, and in Afghanistan they did not dismount on a mission. I hope you like scanning your sector for hours. Also hope you like spending all your time doing maintenance and LGSTs at the ramp when not in the field.
>>
>>34681772

Depends, really.

As long as you're working on and operating the LAVs, it's all good.

It's shit when they start needing boots to fill shitty crunchie tasks.

Former turret operator here.
>>
>>34681772
congrats manlet
>>
Reserve?
>>
>>34682040
What about blowing up on a IED?
>>
LAVs fuck shit up. Too bad it's peace time.
>>
File: IMG_1534.jpg (128KB, 862x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1534.jpg
128KB, 862x1024px
>>34682040
>USAF
It's so funny how smug chair force faggots attempt to be. I got out of the Marines, went to school on the GI bill and slammed poon for four years (so did all my buddies I got out with) and now have a great job that allows me to shit post 6 of the 7 hours I'm at work. Every Air-Person I met when in or at college is unbelievably insecure about their four years of "xervice" and know they're at the bottom of food chain. They can barely make eye contact when you talk to em about what they did when they're in. Hint: it's never anything cool.

OP: do whatever the fuck you want. Just hit the ground running when you get out and make sure you stay in shape -- you'll thank me.
>>
>>34681772
Belton Cooper has two words for you.
>>
>>34684345
>it's never anything good

I don't know, I'm pretty sure someone who flies invisible super planes with names like "Raptor" can pretty much shit on a jarhead who's only accomplishment is that he remembered to share his crayons before consuming it all
>>
File: 1488047824792.jpg (118KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1488047824792.jpg
118KB, 406x364px
Former LAV Crewman and went innasandbox in '08.

The fucking Obama royally fucked us over. We were way under budget and had a hard time getting fuel. To make fuel last, they had us remove all armor plating from inside the LAV's & Bradley's. It was very fucking unsafe.

I wrote home about it and my mother along with two of her friends (whose son's were Bradley crew) all wrote congress and made a big deal about it. You might remember if you were in Texas during that time.
Nothing happened. Hell, I didn't even expect it to get as big as it did.
I just hope you have armor, m80. Only close call I had was when some goatfucker nigger rigged some sort of long ass single shot pipe and nail gun which fired 1 very large old AA round at a time. We were hit twice and it was the loudest fucking sound I've ever heard in my entire life.

Didn't hit anyone but there was a collective of pant shitting.
Also, prepare to be treated like shit. You will sometimes do frontline shit and be treated like a POG by leadership & infantry. The only time you'll be treated well is the couple of hot extractions you'll probably do.
>>
>>34684402

Most people in the USAF are POGs.
>>
File: F-22 pilot leaves the office.png (527KB, 707x470px) Image search: [Google]
F-22 pilot leaves the office.png
527KB, 707x470px
>>34684402
>fly invisible planes
Pilots make up 4% of the Air Force and ALL of them already went to college. An airfag using his GI Bill was prior enlisted and didn't do shit but cup a pilot's balls.

Air Force enlisted don't fly anything. They serve the pilot. They are servants.
>>
>>34684402
>using the GI Bill
No one who flew is using their GI Bill. AIrfags don't fly unless they are officers and those officers leave to lead companies and government organizations, like all officers who held command in the Army, USMC, and Navy.

You aren't an officer. You are just a failure and an airfag who wasted 4 to 6 years ensuring that his EPR bullets had "snap" as you retards like to put it.
>>
>>34684402
You're a delusional faggot. The Air Force personnel count needs cut in half. I lived next to an Air Force Base after I got out and three quarters of them are worthless desk jobs to keep the roster puffed up to get more funds. The days of the Air Force flying planes in the combat are long over and the days of losing nukes and spying on your titty pic folder are here
>>
File: 1486934226442.jpg (43KB, 306x276px) Image search: [Google]
1486934226442.jpg
43KB, 306x276px
>>34684423

Btw we were in an LAV-25 (from the 90's) that was half assed into an LAV-25A2 to perform LAV-EFSS roles. Our ITSS was always fucking dicey and wasn't worth a damn.

Btw get used to smelling everyone's nasty ass farts and swamp crotch. I miss my bros but man, they fucking smelled awful.

Hell, I did too.
>>
>>34684439

In my country the Air force has some actual combat units(Zapadores, EADA and another one that I don't quite remember) that actually see some shit in the sandbox and other shitholes, so taking into account that the Spanish army is shit the USAF surely must have something very similar and some POGS might do cool shit.

Also, I don't know if you need to be a pilot to be in a b52 or AC130 but those seem respectable jobs too.
>>
How long is your contract. Being an LAV crewman isn't a marketable civilian career. So I hope you have a plan to use the GI bill when you get out and are young enough to use it. The fact that you enlisted in an MOS that sounds cool tells me you're probably young. So I'd recommend going to college once your contract is completed. Also use your TA if marines get it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.