[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How /k/ is your pop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_1855.jpg (36KB, 1221x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1855.jpg
36KB, 1221x288px
>Dad owned a freight liner dealership in socal
>constant issues with Mexicans who would back out of payments and hop the border
>often times had to leave the US to seize back his trucks

Before this he lived in 80s crime ridden LA

Every day to work he carried a case, inside was a loaded Browning BAR in 300 win mag. If shit went down he'd just take it out and start blasting wetback
>>
>>34681661
bit overkill, better than underkill i guess.
>>
File: IMG_1856.jpg (140KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1856.jpg
140KB, 600x503px
>>34681661
Apparently in the 80s and 90s California was better than most states with regard to concealed carry. His edc was an interarms PPK/S in a rough out horsehide Clip Holster with another back up mag.

For deep concealment/ when he jogged he carried a beretta minx in 22 short.

He actually had to draw that once when some fine colored gentleman wished to reappropriate his wallet.
>>
File: IMG_1857.jpg (63KB, 522x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1857.jpg
63KB, 522x353px
>>34681683
Unfortunately when I was born in 94 he sold all of them because of my paranoid mom.

He had lost interest in gun until I started picking up the obsession. For his birthday last year I picked him up a mint 4 inch Model 19-3. We shoot every month now and it's a great experience every time.

Unfortunately I don't have any of the pics of the Model 19 or him and his BAR. I'll try to dig them up later
>>
>>34681683
>Apparently in the 80s and 90s California was better than most states with regard to concealed carry.

California used to be the most /k/ state there was. Then two little faggots shoot up their high school and our moms got scared...
>>
>Browning BAR
>Browning Browning Automatic Rifle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAS_syndrome
>>
Me and my papa are opening a gunstore in 7 years.

See you then, /k/.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 600x368px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 600x368px
>>34681712
I'm not bothering with the wiki link there, but I'm assuming you thought op was referring to the light machine gun. OP was in fact referring to a semiautomatic hunting rifle sold by browning with a 3 round detachable flush fit magazine and a straight stock.
>>
>>34681661
>ex-Marine
>Extremely anti-gun to the point where he doesn't like to speak to me because of guns
>Is a literal communist
>In an open-relationship with my Tumblrite mother
The wonders of being raised by millennials.
>>
>>34681730
>raised by millennials

how old are you and how old are your parents???
>>
File: advice for op's mom.gif (814KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
advice for op's mom.gif
814KB, 320x240px
>>34681730
What the actual christ
>>
>>34681730
Must be 18 or older to post on 4chan.
>>
My dad is a Norwegian immigrant who thought Bernie didn't go hardcore enough on his policies and believes that nobody should own guns or even carry pocket knives. He holds England and Australia up as shining examples of proper weapons law. My mom screamed at me and told me I was going to turn into Derek Vinyard when I told her I bought a Glock.
>>34681708
One day we'll take it back. We just need to convince the coastal areas from Sonoma on down to Tijuana that they're better off not having to financially support us dumb hicks in the north, the Valley, the Sierras, and the Mojave. We'll take it back.
>>
>>34681754
>how old are you
>how old are your parents
33 and 35
>>
>>34681728
Yep

>>34681714
Cool

>>34681730
In guessing he was a POG but brings up the corp fairly often.
>>
>>34681767
I'm older than 18.

>>34681764
Sometimes it would've been better if she aborted, but I intend to make up for the poor excuse of parents that my parents are.
>>
>>34681803
Fucking hell, please tell me you were at least raised by your grandparents.
>>
>>34681754
>Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

If his mom was born in 85 and got knocked up at 15, that'd make OP ~17. Its not uncommon for beaners to be grandparents at 30 around here. Shit out a kid in high school, than that kid shits out a kid in HS and you're a grand parent before 40.
>>
>>34681822
I was raised mostly by myself and my grandmother.
>>
File: 1354024247655.jpg (31KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
1354024247655.jpg
31KB, 288x499px
>dad is extremely antifun
>sold his father's .38 revolver when he died
>gets scared even at mentioning guns and won't even let me get a license until I move out on my own (I'm not underageb& btw)
>with the current housing prices that means I'll probably have to wait until he croaks
>tfw they're further reducing the mag capacity cap in a few months
fuck this shit, if my other grandpa dies before him, I'm taking his guns whether he likes it or not
>>
>>34681803
Well of course your parents are anti gun, they're against proactive AND retroactive birth control, clearly.
>>
>>34681683
It really breaks my heart when you think about how awesome Cali used to be. It was legitimately one of the absolute best states in the union. Then the dems took over and plunged it into darkness.
>>
>dad is very progun
>retired mil
>even though he was a pog, shot a shit load of ADA at least
>was on shooting team for post, funny stories about going to national matches for army
>into prepping and government gun terk er gerns just like /k/
>also kinda fuddy
>told me he doesn't keep mags loaded so springs wont weaken
>carries fmj in CC because "it werks guf enuff and is cheapest"
>believes typical fuddlore stuff

Overall pretty cool guy, taught me to shoot around 5 or 6, just wish we had more money growing up so we could've had more guns and chances to shoot.
>>
>>34681661

My dad never owned guns. I assume he knew he'd have used it to kill himself or someone else, he was paranoid schizophrenic.

He ended up killing himself anyway by crashing into an underpass in his car, just before my 7th birthday.
>>
>>34681934
Hey at least you'll always have a mysterious and dark backstory to tell people.
>>
>>34681944

Bringing up mental illness to people is probably not a good idea, people already think I'm weird, if they put two and two together they'll instantly profile me as a schizophrenic too. I'm actually not, I don't hear voices or any of that shit, I might as well be though for how fucked up I am.

On a lighter note, my mom remarried a couple years after, my stepdad is kinda a neurotic beta male so he was noguns as well... BUT I actually got him into guns when I bought my first last year. At this point I think he's more into it than I am since I'm constantly hearing him watch gun youtube videos late at night. So at least I have someone to randomly talk about autistic /k/ things with on a daily basis.
>>
>>34681661
Who else here /criminalFather/?

My dad treated firearms with the respect of a nigger and saw them primarily as a tool of intimidation rather than a tool of defense.
>>
>>34681932
> shot a shit load of ADA at least
assistant district attorneys?
>>
Democrat who wants a register but thinks that gun bans are retarded

He said he will never own a gun
>>
>>34681965

shit could be latent though, anon. take care and doughnut unduly assault your psyche
>>
>>34681983
Air Defense Artillery.
>>
>>34681661
>Works in state politics
>Always sends me pics of himself and 2A activists at the Capitol
>Loves gun self defense stories in the news
>thinks the NFA is bullshit
>doesn't own a single gun and hasn't shot a gun in at least three years
He's pretty cool but completely uninterested in guns as a hobby. I told him I'm getting my carry license and asked if he wanted to get it with me, he replied "I can barely hit a target, how could I ever hit an attacker? I'll just give them my wallet".
It makes me pretty upset because he walks around downtown in a suit at least 200 days a year and I know it's only a matter of time before he gets mugged.
>>
>>34681997

I'm 29, if it hasn't happened by now it probably won't ever.

I actually had severe depression and anxiety to the point where I was a NEET recluse about 10 years ago, dropped out of high school and everything... but after a few years I just kinda snapped out of it, went to college and now I'm making good money in a good career and am getting ready to finally move out. From what I've heard, people with serious genetic mental illness whether it's schizophrenia or otherwise generally have an acute phase when they're younger, and then as they age it mellows out and they can function again. Some of the more modern understandings of schizophrenic spectrum disorders are showing that not only are these disorders actually related to physical degeneration/damage of the brain, but in certain cases the brain is able to somewhat repair itself.

To be honest I always put off buying guns because I was worried I'd develop latent schizophrenia like you suggested. But somehow I think everything's going to be okay. I'm not the poster child of mental health but I'm pretty stable and things have been looking up for me for a while.
>>
>>34681728
I let out a slight sigh of disappointment
>>
>>34682063
You shouldn't, they're handy.
>>
My dad bought me a M38 mosin when I was 11 or 12. To ramble on about all the guns my father owns is more bragging than anything. He built his first ar-15 through a US GI field Manual and spare partshis friend sent him back from the first gulf war.

Funny story he tells me is back in 93 or 94 when he built his first AR all the gunsmiths he talked to didn't have the first clue to building AR pattern rifles and thought it couldn't be done since no-one sold full uppers back then. Tl;dr dads first AR has more US gov parts than civilian parts.
>>
File: 1501233540182.jpg (98KB, 630x644px) Image search: [Google]
1501233540182.jpg
98KB, 630x644px
>>34681661
He was indifferent to guns before he met my stepmother, now he hates them and she is completely oblivious in regards to using one properly.
If I talk to her about it she acts like your ccw is to pull out if someone doesn't like the way you talk and it'll "only make it worse".
Tell that to the 7 foot tall mongrel banging down the door who isn't listening to you trying to "talk him down" because he just got out of his 25 to life, he sees a 15 year old girl and he wants some fresh meat.
Shit happens often enough to be noteworthy.
Not to mention what if a fucking rabid dog has your 8 year old's neck in it's mouth and all you have to hit it with is your limp dick?

>none of these things even scratch the surface.
>she says she grew up in a rough area and guns only made things worse
I grew up in a rough are and -my- gun saved my life. ask me how.
>>
>>34682020
I mean I guess that's a POG relative to the infantry or something.

>4 minutes if you see a helo
>see a jet
>make like a smoothie and die
>>
>>34681932
I carry fmj for the sole fact that it's less likely to get stuck somewhere. After 500rds of fmj remington mega pack and 500 rds of hornady critical defense (that hurt my wallet) in my glock 17 I had 1 failure to feed with the FMJ and 4 with the critical defense.
Fuck that shit. it's 400% more likely to fail.
>>
>>34682299
I'm just here to say I'm laughing my ass off at that corndog holster, good job.
>>
>>34681661
>17
>joins army because recruiter said he'd "be fucking bitchs in Germany"
>1968
>ends in infantry, Americal division Vietnam
>firebase under siege
>sent in patrol (as bait)
>get ambushed, most of platoon killed or barely wounded
>hit in ass was shrapnel from RPG
>sent back, only him and a couple guys remain from platoon
>also witness atrocities and such (kids burned with Napalm, zippo raids)

Shit fucked him up, was a great dad though and had crazy life experience. Too bad he died when I was like eight, miss you man.
>>
File: m577.jpg (121KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
m577.jpg
121KB, 600x400px
>>34681661
My dad did the calculations for a group M109s right before the gulf war. Got to ride around in one of these stupid looking M113s. I think that makes him a POG
I don't think he ever owned anything higher than a .22 in his life and he is pretty fuddy when it comes to black rifles and thinks we should do more background checks or something because "that thing they did when you bought your gun wasn't a real background check! A real background check would take a couple days!" But he also bought me my first non rim-fire and got me a (DPMS) AR-15 one year for my birthday. Most of its probably partisanship though. Hes been a lifelong union democrat in the rustbelt and I don't think hes come to terms with the fact that the democrats have abandoned the working class in favor of coastal urbanites, and in his eyes the democrats can do no wrong. but I /pol/gress.

tl;dr He is not very /k/ but neither is he anti /k/
>>
>>34682508
Oh my god, that thing looks like a coffin on tracks.
>>
>>34682508
Also DPMS is pretty based, I have one with over 3k rounds through it nothing broken, just had to install a new sear and hammer for my own piece of mind but it still worked fine. I keep it as a spare until I find the motivation to buy a new one to have around.
It's smooooth. great shooting, broken in.
>>
>>34682510
>that's basically what it is
>>
>>34682510
To be fair, assuming he was in the FDC, it's a comfier ride than the high-back HMMWV.
>>
Dad is mildly antigun, but recognizes their utility, especially since his neighbor in Reno shot a bear in their yard. I don't know if he knows I own guns, but I think he suspects
>>
>>34681661
>Bought his first gun at 12 by mail order (Astra 600)
>Got Grandpa back into shooting after the man swore it off following the second world war.
>Shipped oil across African boarders with a Sten in his lap despite UN embargoes.
>Knew all sorts of /k/ operators
>>
>>34681661
>served in the Russian vadalazniy service (frogmen)
>used the APS rifle during his service
>decided to become an officer in the navy/army
>taught cadets for 10 years in the Kazan Vadalazniy Sentr
>moved to US
>made me
>teaches technical and rebreather diving
>bought a nugget 2 years ago
>bought an SKS 2 months ago
Somewhat operator I guess
>>
File: 1459386095076.jpg (61KB, 850x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1459386095076.jpg
61KB, 850x1035px
>>34681661
>was in the army
>wishes he could've kept his m16
>got me a 10/22 when i was a kid
>got my step-mom a .45 to CC for dindus
>always asking to shoot my mosin even though he has cooler guns
feelsgoodman
can be a fud at times but doesnt matter really
>>
>>34682512
DPMS is bargain-tier at best when talking about their AR15s. Their 7.62 ARs are respectable. 3k rounds isn't shit and that nothing has broken speaks nothing of the quality.
>>
>>34681728
No, you retard. He's talking about the fact that Browning BAR is redundant. (Although that is how they marketed it)
>>
>>34681881

Move to a new state that isn't California you fucking NEET
>>
>>34683257
I'm a euroslave tho
>>
>dont speak to my dad much
>meet up at a family thing and make small talk
>dad is huge drunk and hasnt been around for 24 years
>tell him about the new SKS i got
>tells me the only time he bought a gun is when he planned to kill himself.
>>
>>34681661
did he blast any?
>>
>>34681932
Hollow point is a war crime
if it's a crime to use on the Taliban what sense does it make to use it on Americans?
>>
>>34682024
>get mugged at knifepoint
>give up wallet
>lose wallet

>get mugged at fistpoint
>get beaten up
>lose wallet
>be beaten up

>pull a gun on a mugger
>keep wallet
>risk legal battle
>>
>dad owns several guns but doesn't shoot
>has CC but rarely CCs
>owns nothing but nigger guns
>literally owns hipoint, lorcin, raven, only non nig tier guns he owns are a rusty stevens 320, springfield XD in .45, and a bubba'd WASR he paid 1100 dollars for
>>
>>34683374
have you ever tried talking some sense into him?
>>
>>34683382
He's one of those people who thinks you're an idiot unless you're 10 years older than him, I've tried before but nothing comes of it.

His justification for 1100 for the WASR when I told him it was overpriced was that it was worth it because it came with a scope
(airsoft tier) and some poorly mounted flashlight and laser that visibly wiggle around if you pick up the gun and move it around at all.
>>
>dad lives in commie ct, I moved to tn last year.
>dad has a few guns.
>shotgun for hunting he really doesn't do, few handguns, a rifle.
>tell him I'm coming back on vacation in a few months.
>"hey... can you bring me some guns? I'll pay you back, but I can't get anything fun here. I want an ar, even if I can't take it to the range. And some Hi-Standards, too. Please?"
>bringing dad an ak, ar, whatever hi standard guns I can get my hands on, try to convince him to move here with me.
>>
>>34682508
>democrats have abandoned the working class
stop drinking the white nationalist koolaid
you're making 20k a year what kind of health insurance you going to have without the ACA?
there's this entire debacle going on RIGHT NOW about the REPUBLICAN president trying to get rid of taxes for the rich by removing insurance coverage for upwards of 20 million of Americans
but even a lot of republican congressmen are against it and prefer Obama care
stupid cunt
stop watching Fox News
you are literally what's wrong with America
>>
>>34683427
yeah
taking away "free" stuff is never popular
>>
>>34683406
could be worse, does he also bubba his funs?
>>
>>34683427
It's hard for the Democrats to abandon something they never cared for in the first place. "Working class party" was just Democrat koolaid. They wanted votes.

>get rid of taxes for the rich
You read like a HuffPo comment section. Kill yourself.
>>
>>34683427
>stop drinking koolaid
>goin on to imply the democrats haven't abandoned the working class
It started with NAFTA, Obama and Hillary's shilling of TPP and associated was just the final sign.
I have voted democrat damn near my entire life you fucking mouth breathing peace of shit. I don't even watch fox news.
>>
>>34681661
Dad likes guns and got me into guns, but I like them far more. His new wife is indifferent.
Mom and her husband have some but don't particularly care, they were all pro trump anti Hillary.

In California
>>
>>34683427
>you're making 20k a year what kind of health insurance you going to have without the ACA?
still none because paying the tax is cheaper than the fucking ballooned as shit healthcare plans with 7k deductibles?
>>
>grandfather moves his family to Detroit from Greece in the late 60s to escape the military rule
>father immediately buys a Marlin 60 when he's a teenager to fuck around with, because 'murika

>dad is now 40ish, hasn't owned a gun in forever, goes to get a CPL
>gets sold a lightweight compact S&W .40 3rd gen by salesman who tells him .40 is the best option and light weight means it recoils less
>is sold one of those massive Bulldog IWB/OWB pouches with the strap and mag pouch
>carries still relatively heavy S&W in that shit holster with no belt
>safety on, decocked, nothing in the chamber just as the shit salesman told him
>prints like fuck, is super uncomfortable
>one time he's at Target carrying it IWB, the clip flops over the top of his pants and sends the whole holster down his pantleg and hits the ground
>eventually just stops carrying, keeps the gun at work
>one day hostile customer comes in who wants to take his car without paying (dad's a mechanic)
>dad says fuck off, customer says OK, I'm going to get my gun and walks out into the lot
>dad grabs his S&W, walks out behind the guy, charges it and holds the dude at gunpoint
>police arrive and arrest both of them
>turned out other guy didn't have a gun, was bluffing
>cops let them both go with no charges
>keep dad's gun for two weeks
>they start calling him to pick it up
>says he doesn't like guns now because his was really hard to carry, was uncomfortable to shoot, and when he finally used it he was arrested
>becomes jaded and just doesn't want a gun anymore
>police eventually stop calling, they either melted his gun down or auctioned it off
>he hasn't owned a gun since "it's too hard"
> doesn't understand how easy carrying is if you have proper equipment, or blows if off because he absolutely refuses to wear a belt

So tl;dr not very /k/ because he's actually owned guns
>>
>>34683427
Kill yourself
>>
>>34683687
Compelling rebuttal
>>
>>34683700
somethings are just so stupid they don't deserve a write up friend.
>>
>>34681661
My Dad is fairly /k/, used to hunt elk with my grandpa quite regularly. After a while work got in the way and he stopped. He got me into shooting, took me out with a .177 pellet gun he found in one of our rental units. He likes and is interested in guns but it's just not as big a hobby for him as it is for me. I let him shoot my SVT40 the other day and he thought it was awesome.
>>
>>34683700
>Ignoring the legit replies and responding to easy one
Classic!
>>
>>34682299
Ok, how?
>>
>>34681730
Did you dad get hazed out of the Corps due to his "beliefs"?
>>
>>34681730
>>In an open-relationship with my Tumblrite mother

So literally a cuck? I think that's the first time I've used that word but it seems to actually apply here.
>>
>>34684144
Not the guy you're talking to but yes, his dad is a cuck. He must've done something right tho cause his son is here.
>>
>>34681712
Heckler and Koch Hk45c

There is literally nothing wrong with saying this
>>
File: 7671223848_80d20827bb_b.jpg (444KB, 1024x641px) Image search: [Google]
7671223848_80d20827bb_b.jpg
444KB, 1024x641px
My dad is /k/ by association and happenstance
>uncle is a /k/ as fuck
>carried two .357 magnums(SW model 19's) in shoulder holsters since the day he turned 18 in the late 70's.
>bought and sold guns all the time
>would shoot buckets of ammo in a day
>be uncle living in ghetto with brother in early 80s while white
>driving 74' cadillac deville
>pull into ghetto gas station
>start pumping gas
>all the black people are eye balling them
>my dad(his brother) suggest that they get gas at another station
>uncle out loud while almost yelling says "I dont give a fuck about these niggers"
>all the black folk get mad and a few black fella start walking toward them.
>uncle pulls one of his revolvers and sets it on top of the cadillac
>everyone backs off
>uncle sticks his head back in the window to talk to my dad and with a grin he says "told you these niggers wouldnt be a bother"

He always wanted the biggest and the baddest guns he could buy.

my dad is a super not /k/ though, he doesnt like the pain and it makes his ears hurt. He owns guns though and goes hunting, he just isnt into shooting.
>>
>>34684616
So your dad sits in the woods with a gun.
>>
File: 1500948630806m.jpg (83KB, 1024x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1500948630806m.jpg
83KB, 1024x1011px
>joined marines on 17th birthday
>did 5 tours innaNam
>drank absinthe with Montagnards for gook new year
>hung out with Aussie SAS
>came home, did the hippy thing for a bit
>eventually met my mom and found Jesus
He taught me to shoot and started taking me to karate classes when I turned 7, talk to him on the phone about once every 3 days. He was a good dad as a kid and now that I'm an adult we're bros. I love him very much. He also has more guns than he knows what to do with it so I've gotten a lot as gifts.
>>
>>34684626
he shoots them but he isnt into it.
>>
>>34682508
Trump said no more trainsexuas in the military. Your dad is an fajjet
>>
>>34683673
>to Detroit from Greece

muh Greek owned Coney Island Diner economy.
>>
>>34683338
>if it's a crime to use on the Taliban

It's not. They're illegal combatants. HP ammo is only banned for military use against an opposing military force. Taliban refuse to meet the criteria for legit OpFor, so they fall into the category of bandits.
>>
>>34682165
That is fucking cool. Do you still have the "milsurp" AR15?
>>
>>34683252
>>34681728
the M1918 and the browning BAR have little to do with one another.
>>
>>34683427
>removing insurance coverage for upwards of 20 million of Americans

Which is about the same number who lost insurance when Obamacare went into effect. Or do they not count because they were employed? A lot of the big corporate players in the retail sector ran the numbers, realizing that they could just drop their existing insurance and simply pay the penalty, which was cheaper than the insurance they were offering their employees. The employees who couldn't afford new insurance on the exchanges got penalized $90 by the IRS for not being insured.

That's where your precious Obamacare came from, you mealy mouthed cocksucker. It came straight out of the wallets of the blue collar working class who couldn't afford to replace what they lost. Dems straight up fucked the working class in this country, and now they wonder why Hillary lost. Bullshit like Obamacare is why, you arrogant clueless twat.

Hell yes I'm mad.
>>
>>34685689
Preach it
>>
>>34681661
>dad received Walther PPK from grandfather
>1968 rolls around, stays in college
>fast forward 20 years
>have kids
>collects milsurp, lets us play with it
>LA riots happen
>buy fudd revolvers, lever actions, etc.
>move to rural area
>teach us how to shoot
>see saiga 12 on Deadliest Warrior
>realize local shop sells them
>he buys it
>I buy AR15 a bit later (first gun)
>he buys AK74 & cheap pump shotguns
>I buy glocks, semiauto shotguns
>accidentally arms race
>I go NATO (ARs, M1A, Berettas, HK, FN)
>he goes WP (AKs, Nugget, SKS, SVT, Toks, Maks)
>both have Taurus & Kel-Tec for lulz
>currently trying to turn him westward with 80% lower build
>he just bought a jericho
>>
>>34685768
>Arms race with father
C O M F Y

Father and I got into guns panic buying back in 2008. Surprisingly comfy too.
>>
File: 1499824697657.png (236KB, 386x399px) Image search: [Google]
1499824697657.png
236KB, 386x399px
>Worked for the same company since he was 11
>now an owner
>brags to me all the time about he could get a gun in under and hour
>hates guns

Reagan republican who cucked out bigtime in the last couple months because my liberal mother is so difficult to deal with because all four of her sons who still live in her house are conservative as fuck.

>worried/still worries I'm a nazi because I used the phrase White Genocide in a conversation I couldn't even finish
>My brother Shills for Assad every chance he gets, usually at dinner where he autisticaly unveiled his Syrian Flag that came in the mail
>'b-b-but he KILLS CHILDREN, HIS OWN PEOPLE, HOW DID I RAZE A BUNCH OF NAZIS?'
>one of my youngest brothers, one of the twins, almost got in trouble at school for starting a 'build the wall' chant and for painting a pepe in art class (I know, I know)
>when newtown happened and I was against regulation she asked me if she was killed by a gun wouldn't I become antigun
>told her that I wouldn't want to ban hammers if someone brained her and she didn't speak to me for the rest of the day.

To be fair, my dad has made this marriage work for twenty three years, so I get his wanting a little peace, but the sudden turn in recent months really surprised me.
>>
>>34681661
He was a tank commander. Swedish army though, so no real exciting stories.
>>
>>34684047
He was medically discharged after falling off a ladder.

>>34684144
>>34684160
Kinda, not really. They're in an open relationship in the sense that both of them are fucking other people, it's not my dad sitting back and watching my mother get railed by a giganigga.

It is pathetic though and I've started to make my feelings towards them apparent.
>>
My dad is a doctor, hunted ducks with grandpa once or twice as a kid and shot a couple times over the years. He has never owned guns but he's never been against them either.
Since I got into firearms he wants to buy a Glock 17 and shoot with me.
>>
>minor fudd
>did lots of injun shit with his dad
>lived on a lake near his dad's former homestead
>brought guns to school, kept them in his locker to go hunting with his friends after school
>did lots of duck and deer hunting
>felt bad for his friends that hunted with milsurp because it was so heavy
>taught me to shoot and hunt
>made me dispatch one of my first kills when i just winged it, learned me to be respectful of games' life real quick
>couldn't understand why you would need 30 round magazines when i bought an AK
>told me that repeatedly when i took him out to shoot it
>"oh i need one of these" afterwards
>now owns an ar-15
>bought me a 1911 as a gift
>got our licenses together and we both carry
one of the few people i actually trust around a firearm despite the fact that he occasionally flags me.
>>
>>34686056
Not relevant to anything but a sitcom based on your family could be pretty hilarious
>>
My dad kept an old Smith & Wesson .38 short colt revolver in the air vent in his '78 econoline van.

Bought an Arisaka Type 99 bring-back with intact mum off a trash man for $20.

Had a Fabrique Nationale .243 deer rifle and a Browning Auto-5.

Used to hunt in wooded areas encroached upon by development, had to stop after a police helicopter came out one night.

Let me keep a WASR-10 w/ ammo in my room when I was 14.
>>
>>34681881
strayan?
>>
>>34681661
>only has a shotgun that was passed down to him
>doesn't have any ammo for it
>used to get mad at me for keeping ammo and guns in the same room because "it's not safe"

At least he likes shooting sometimes.
>>
>>34681997
basically just lay off too many drugs/alcohol.

literally convinced myself I had voices in my head but it was just my internal monologue going wild, went away as soon as the drugs did
>>
>>34685689
its bad enough when people get mad over real things, let alone fantasies like invisible sky people or whatever nonsense you just said, mouthbreather :^)
>>
dads expressed interest in getting license for shtf rifle, (ausbro)
mums kinda scared of guns but has talked to me about how fucking shady port arthur was

my grandpa is an german immigrant with a deep distrust for authority, cops had to make personal threat so he would hand in his guns in 96'. used to get in trouble for shooting birds off his balcony in the middle of town

5/10 /k/ score pretty alright for my australian urban family
>>
>pretty Fudd-tier when it comes to tastes
>muh shotguns muh revolvers
>doesn't have a problem with salt weapons though
>loves the mini-14 I got him
>really loves the 10/22 charger pistol/brace/silencer wombo combo I got him, killed like ten skunks with it the first week
He's an okay guy.
>>
File: IMG_5190.jpg (75KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5190.jpg
75KB, 453x604px
>>34681661
>30 years in the CF, currently RWO of the PPCLI
>Two tours in Afghanistan, one in Cyprus, tour in Balkans
>Flew in Kiowas as a navigator
>Vehicle wrecked in an IED on one tour, hit with an RPG on the other tour
>Has multiple commendations from the Chief of Defence Staff for doing things like saving a guy from a burning car (which exploded as he dragged him away) and jumping into Frobisher Bay to save two drowning kids
>Has met every dignitary under the sun and is basically labelled as the model soldier by everyone I've met
>Has PTSD, lost his sense of taste and smell from the concussions
>Is hard to get to open up, but sets an example I could hardly hope to live up to

I don't know if he's really "/k/", but he's really done it all.
>>
Not at all. My dad once lectured me how some guy he worked with bought an AK-47 and brought it to work. I guess the guy went off about how he was going to hunt deer with it? Dad told him that was stupid because his "assault rifle" would blow the deer to smithereens and that nobody ever needed an AK-47. Then he went on a rant about how all "assault weapons" should be banned and that very few people have any reason to own any guns at all.

My dad was also a violent career criminal coke head who has had multiple open heart surgeries before the age of 40. He was a bleeding heart liberal and believed criminal scum like himself were "treated unfairly and harshly by the system". The last time I saw him he was living in an attic with 9 other spic gang bangers. He could barely stand, talk or write due to his drug use. I hope he's dead and I'm ashamed he is the guy who knocked up my mom. So to spite him I obey the laws, try to be a decent person and own multiple salt weapons I use for leisurely putting holes into paper from a distance.
>>
>>34683427
I make 60k a year and was kicked off my fucking health insurance two separate times now I have coverage that is more expensive and doesn't do half the shit it used to. Go fuck yourself you shit huffpo faggot.
>>
>>34681708
It actually wasn't Columbine. It started with Reagan and the Black Panthers carrying guns into the capitol and kicked into overdrive when a heroin addict killed a dozen first graders with an AK in the Stockton school shooting.
>>
>>34681661
Dad is pro gun except for full autos.
>nobody needs full auto
>it's too dangerous because some idiot kids would buy them and misuse it
>waste of good ammo and they won't even reload the brass
He is interested in suppressors but not enough to actually buy one.
99% of his guns are target guns or hunting guns, almost no PDHs or semiauto rifles.
He thought me to shoot at the age of 5.
Fast forward and I get an AR15. Dad owns one already, an old colt that my grandfather bought when he left the marines.
Dad loves the customizability, gets a few, and makes them into target and hunting rifles.
I already have my hunting guns and turn my AR in to a more anti people rifle. He pushes back a little.
>you're not gonna get good groups at 300 yards with that eo tech
>what's with the 30 round mags? Never shoot at that many hogs, they run off after 2 or 3 shots.
>you should get a longer target barrel.
Explain it's not for target shooting or long range.
Few years go by and I turn 21, I get my CHL and buy my first handgun. Jericho 941 9mm.
Dad thinks it's cool untill he sees my CHL.
>why do you need to carry a gun around
>you gonna take it everywhere you go
>what if someone sees it
>what if the finish gets scratched
Explain that I don't care if the finish gets scratched and yes I will take it almost everywhere is go.
Dad is clearly uncomfortable.
Couple years go by and open carry is passed. I have a few more guns now and I open carried my redhawk in celebration of open carry passing.
Dad was super opposed and almost refused to go anywhere with me
>you're not carrying that while you live here (23 and full time college student with on campus job, home for the summer)
>that's just insane
>that should not be legal
>it's not the Wild West
I love my Dad to death but sometimes it's hard getting through to him. Better than some I suppose, he is always there for me and has never disappointed or been derelict in his fatherly duties.
>>
>>34683673
My step dad is just as fucking retarded about carrying.
>Carries XD compact in .40 with only 5 rounds loaded into the mag because that's what his CCW instructor told him the average number of shots in a defensive shooting was.
>All FMJ. The Remington Golden Sabers I bought him are still in the box 6 years later.
>Carries it in the shitty holster that comes with it, clipped onto his pants, no belt.
>Thinks carrying it is too hard so he buys a 4" Kimber 1911
>Gets a belt slide "universal" holster thing
>Still doesn't wear a belt so he never carries it
>Has never disassembled or cleaned either of them
>Never let me field strip or clean guns growing up because it's "complicated" and I might break something.
>I was 19 before I learned that opening the action and spraying WD-40 into a gun wasn't how you cleaned a gun.
>Votes Democrat every time, doesn't believe there will ever be another ban even though I grew up buying every mag for our 10/22, MAK90, Mini14 over 10 rounds we could find.
He's a perfect stereotype of a Fudd.
>>
>>34683673

>mfw some police officer was giddy as fuck and took that sucker home
>>
>>34689142
That's not really a fudd, anon.
That's just retarded.
Reminds me of some of the people who I used to sell guns to.
>I want the cheapest, killerest, goodest gun money can buy....for $8.
>I'm gonna buy this $1100 kimber 1911 for EDC and a $4 barrel clip holster.
>no I'm not gonna carry one in the chamber
>I want a gun I never have to clean
>I have never owned a gun but I want to carry a gun and also I want to never train with the gun.
>What do you mean I need to do paperwork. I didn't last time I bought one here.
>I haven't ever shot a gun so I need one with a laser.
>>
>>34689234
>That's just retarded
Sadly true. 3 months ago I decided if he was going to carry I was going to teach him how to properly draw and rack the slide. Maybe I could show him carrying with an empty chamber is dumb while I was at it.

So I'm showing him the draw and presentation and he's facing me while watching. So I say, ok, you try it thinking he would turn and face the target. Nope, draws the fucking thing and points it right at my chest. Thank fucking god I was still wearing my vest since we went after I got off of work.

We haven't been shooting since and probably won't. I'm trying to get him to go to the Red Oktober match with me, but he's being an ass and has been a Grade A asshole since his cousin died last Christmas. He's on this whole, "I'm old and might die any moment" kick. He's only 65 ffs.
>>
>>34683427

>cutting taxes for the rich

this is like a 17 year old meme
>>
>>34689443
Right?
>Making it so poor people don't have to buy expensive insurance is "cutting taxes on the rich"
>Meanwhile I just read an article about how Bannon wants a top tax rate of 44%
>>
>old school mechanist
>non serviceable parts no fucking problem
>could build anything
>could sit there and explain what/why/how most things worked
>pro gun as fuck
>died during heart surgery
I relay miss him
>>
File: 20170709_170734.jpg (2MB, 1843x1620px) Image search: [Google]
20170709_170734.jpg
2MB, 1843x1620px
>>34681661
He's a minor fudd. Hates aks and the like but wants an AR for hunting.
Owns mostly 28"barrel shotguns and bolt action hunting rifles.
Enjoys shooting my milsurp but doesn't really wanna spend money on them cuz he just bought himself a new boat and camper.
>>
>served in navy
>cucked out from ever raising me as a son from mother's family
>ended up paralyzed

sound's pretty /k/ to me
>>
>>34686138
>He was medically discharged after falling off a ladder.
Sorry to hear that anon, it's shitty way to leave.
My own father was discharged after his back was broken from some bloke falling onto him.
>>
>>34681661
He's very antigun and I do not want to know what would happen he found out that I own one
>>
File: 1500328979556.jpg (33KB, 629x505px) Image search: [Google]
1500328979556.jpg
33KB, 629x505px
>>34687739
>the episode where my brothers Serval-chan fleshlight came in the mail the same day as my 40k forgeworld shit
>"what did anon get"
>"think he ordered some models too, mom"
>package says SEX TOY in big red letters on the side
>some fuck literally stamped SEX TOY on the package

OR OR

>the episode where my brother has a mental breakdown and when I laugh off his 'ill kill myself' speech to my panicked mother
>shouts ILL KILL YOU and leaps at me, bites a chunk out of my fucking shoulder, I must restrain him
>>
>>34686056
jesus christ, you all sound like faggots. never reproduce.
>>
>>34688009
like I said, I'm a europoor
>>
>>34691539
sounds like your family is a real soup sandwich, anon
>>
>>34681661
I mean nothing wrong with 300 win mag, that will put down a spice nice and all but it's probably heavy, lots of recoil and low capacity.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.